I’ll let the muffins speak for themselves…
Strawberry Banana Muffins adapted from Banana Bread recipe in You Won’t Believe It’s Gluten Free by Robyn Ryberg
What you’ll need:
- 1Â cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 very ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/4 cup almond buttermilk (1/4 cup almond milk, 1/2 tbsp lemon juice – mixed together and set aside for 10 minutes)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax + 3 tbsp. warm water – mixed together and set aside for 5 minutes)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled, and sliced
How it’s done:
- Before you get started, you may want to prepare your “almond buttermilk” and flax egg to be placed aside as you work with the rest of your ingredients.
- Mix your dry ingredients together – flour, oats, baking soda, salt.
- Mix your wet ingredients together – smashed banana, applesauce, agave, vanilla, flax egg and buttermilk (when ready)
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ones, mixing thoroughly.
- Hull and slice 2 cups strawberries and gently fold into your batter.
- Evenly spoon muffin batter into 12 (pink) baking cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 17-23 minutes
And yes, they really are as good as they look.
Question: What’s your favorite kind of muffin?