fun facts friday
- I got a new phone today. A HTC EVO 3D phone to be exact. Can I first of all say good riddance to my ancient Palm Centro phone and say hello to Angry Birds, Words with Friends, and TweetDeck all at my fingertips 24/7? This is going to be a problem — guaranteed. Any Apps I must have?
- I am so glad school was only 1.5 days this week. The end of the day came today, and I was pretty sure I wouldn’t have been able to make it any longer this week. My class is amazing, and they are basically 5th grade super stars already. I’m either an amazing teacher, or these kids are just awesome. I’m going to go with the latter — I feel like I’ve known them for months. However, we were all feeling a little zonked at the end of the day today.
- I forgot during the summer how good Friday feels when the weekend comes. I am pretty sure the first words out of my mouth this morning were “TGIF!” — good thing Charlie listens to me pretty well from under the bed or else I’d be talking to myself because the Husband doesn’t wake up for anything.
- Speaking of Charlie being under the bed, I don’t know what his deal is. He has been sneaking under our bed for the last month or so now — and by sneaking, I mean he makes a boatload of noise because it’s a tight squeeze for him. I’m not sure what is attractive about such a small space, but I guess he enjoys it.. that is until I have to pull him out in the morning. What a weirdo.
- It is August 19th and I only have $50 of grocery money left for this month. It’s going to be a long 12 days.
- I’m booking my flight to San Francisco this weekend for the Foodbuzz Festival. (PS — I just spelled “Francisco” wrong. Whoops.) Um yes, I am pumped. Who’s with me?
- Only really cool people stay at home on a Friday night and crave food to eat like a salad with hummus, right? Right.
- I won a BIC Band giveaway from Heather today, and I hope it goes with all of my clothes because I’m going to wear it 24/7.
- I’ve decided not to be depressed about not being able to go to Healthy Living Summit in Philadelphia this weekend. The negatives of not being able to go do not outweigh the positives of seeing and meeting my students this week.
- I need to make more granola — or you need to send me some. Stat.
A gluten free trail mix version would be much appreciated. Thanks.