abnormally exhausted

November 30, 2011

Who else is finding this week absolutely exhausting? Usually after a mini-break like Thanksgiving, I am able to bounce back fairly quickly and get back to my routine after a day or so. However, every day this week I have been ready for bed around 4:30 in the afternoon. Aaand then I have really gone to bed around 8:30. #dontjudgeme

But that doesn’t mean I didn’t get a good day of eats in!

Peas and Crayons

Breakfast — 5:45 AM

November 28, 2011 003

My newest obsession, which you can find here. Seriously, I’m upset because the cranberry sauce will be gone tomorrow.

Snack’ish — 11:15 AM

source

Does it count if my snack was eaten on the way to my classroom to eat lunch? I didn’t have a spare moment this morning to eat anything, but I was really craving some of these. They’re salty and macadamia nuts are to die for. Just so you know — I just showed the biggest restraint ever for not cracking a joke about salty nuts.

Lunch — 11:30 AM

November 29, 2011 001
A huge salad topped with about 2/3 of an avocado (go big or go home!), balsamic, and hummus. On the side, I had Greek yogurt mixed with 1 tbsp. chocolate protein powder. It was a very filling lunch!

On my way home, I ate raisins and almonds in the car (surprise!!) and was very happy to be stopped at a red light to capture the sunset in the sky.

November 29, 2011 003
It was really cloudy yesterday, but the pink from the sunset was peeking through. It only stayed that way for about 2 minutes, so I felt really lucky to be able to see it. It was beautiful!

Dinner — 6:15 PM

Okay, you are warned — most disgusting looking dinner ever.

November 29, 2011 025
A tofu/veggie scramble topped with nutritional yeast along with some sweet potato hash browns. Looks gross, tastes awesome.

Snack — 8:00 PM

Granola. Almond milk. Apple, Peanut butter spoon.

Bed.

And that’s how it went yesterday. We’re halfway there! Happy Wednesday!

Question: Have you had a hard time getting back into your routine this week?

Michelle@PeachyPalate November 30, 2011 at 6:03 am

It feels like we should be at Friday already! Hows your DIY lighting working out? Trying to source a daylight bulb and lamp to fit it in Ireland isn’t easy! Oh and those oats sound incredible!

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 5:54 am

It’s working out really well! The lighting isn’t quite as good, but it’s good enough for me!

Val November 30, 2011 at 6:05 am

That breakfast looks amazing!!! I love oats for breakfast in the winter time, but it hasn’t really been cold enough to get into oats yet.

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 5:54 am

Where do you live? It’s freezing here!

Val December 1, 2011 at 7:01 am

In Canada, but its been abnormally warm in my area. Other places around us have had snow already, but not us.

Khushboo November 30, 2011 at 6:05 am

Gosh I don’t even have the Thanksgiving excuse to fall back on but this week is seriously dragging. You know it’s going to be a long when you wake up on a Wednesday thinking it’s Thursday! #realitybites

Laura @ LauraLikesDesign November 30, 2011 at 6:07 am

I agree–it has been difficult to get back into the swing of things this week. I also feel like short weeks are some of the longest…for some reason I feel like I anticipate them flying by much faster than they actually do, so a three day week, doesn’t feel much shorter than a five day week. If that makes any sense at all! haha

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 5:54 am

Short weeks usually do feel longer – I agree!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga November 30, 2011 at 6:08 am

I’ll just say it, but everything you just said…makes you sound..pregnant. The early to bed, the abnormally exhausted…then again, winter takes a toll! I hate winter. It makes me tired too.

And Palos on that sign. Blast from the past. Used to live in Naperville/Lisle.

cleaneatingchelsey November 30, 2011 at 6:11 am

I swear, the world just wants me to get pregnant or something – haha! My co-worker had a dream over Thanksgiving that I was pregnant. But, nope! :)

I had to drive into Orland this afternoon to pick up my dress from David’s Bridal so I passed the Palos Immediate Care center on the way home!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 30, 2011 at 6:13 am

It is *so* hard to get in the swing of things this week! …..I just want to go home and chill out, leave the lesson planning at school and GO HOME! It is hard to get back into the swing of things, I need to decorate my classroom for Christmas- that will help! :)

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 5:55 am

I have a few things out for decorations too!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 30, 2011 at 6:15 am

Haha your dinner does look disgusting, but I also saw a similar sky on my bus ride home! Caught a tiny glimpse between some buildings!

cleaneatingchelsey November 30, 2011 at 6:32 am

I’m glad we’re good enough friends that you feel comfortable telling me my food looks nasty. :)

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 30, 2011 at 6:35 am

hahaha I should have added “I’m sure it was delicious, but…” but I’d just woke up, now I have coffee.

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 5:56 am

It’s okay – I forgive you.

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 30, 2011 at 6:17 am

That Planters mix sounds really good!

I’m definitely extra-tired this week! I think allowing myself to sleep in an extra hour over break threw me off a bit!

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 5:56 am

It is really good! It’s a great way to get my macademia nut fix in – they’re so expensive!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 30, 2011 at 6:21 am

Yes, I have! Is it the weekend yet :) ?

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit November 30, 2011 at 6:37 am

Love how much avocado you put in your salad! I usually add 1 avocado into mine. SO good. Hope you’re more energetic today!

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 5:57 am

haha healthy fats = my best friend!!

nicole marie November 30, 2011 at 6:46 am

the tofu veggie scramble looks anything but gross! it looks amazing, and my stomach is growling like a bear now! (bears growl, right? haha!). love the pink sky! the candid cadillac appearance makes the photo even more impressively chic. x

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) November 30, 2011 at 7:02 am

I can’t get my mind focused this week to save my life, so I feel ya! And sweet potato hash may look like worms, but I’ll put it’s yummy :)

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 30, 2011 at 7:06 am

After Thanksgiving, it is the hardest thing in the world to get back into school mode. And now I have to get through finals, booo :( Everything looks yummy!

kathleen @ the daily crumb November 30, 2011 at 7:13 am

yes! most definitely. i feel like it takes me a few days after a long weekend to get back into the swing of things. it is now wednesday morning and i am just starting to feel back to “normal”. not good for my productivity levels!

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 5:57 am

ha! It’s Thursday and I’m just starting to feel normal!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers November 30, 2011 at 7:30 am

I’m glad it’s not just me. I’ve had an extremely hard time getting out of bed in the morning. Once I’m up, I’m semi-coherent, but the alarm is not my friend right now.

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 30, 2011 at 7:31 am

My routine is still messed up this week, because there’s just so damn much to do before Saturday! Aaaand I’m sick. Yippee.

PS- Yesterday we got into a discussion about GMO food intolerances, and how a lot of people are lactose/wheat/corn/whatever else intolerant more because of the extra hormones and weird stuff we put into the food during the growth process, than because of the food itself. There are a few people in my class who have moderate food intolerances and they’re totally fine when they eat the same products from a high-quality source in Europe. Interesting, right?

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 5:58 am

That is so so interesting. I definitely think our problems in the US have something to do with the growth/processing part. We do it all wrong. Guess the only way to test that theory is to go to Europe. Want to be my travel buddy?

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes November 30, 2011 at 7:33 am

I want that dinner! Sounds amazinng :)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 30, 2011 at 7:35 am

I agree that this week is tough to get through. Can’t believe it’s only Wednesday.

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health November 30, 2011 at 7:39 am

Totally agree…this week has been tiring! And the last thing I want to do is school work haha. Your dinner sounds delicious!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List November 30, 2011 at 7:46 am

Sweet potato hashbrowns! Did you make them yourself? I need some.

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 5:58 am

I did. See next post. ;)

Amy B @ Second City Randomness November 30, 2011 at 7:56 am

I haven’t had too hard of a time yet. But I assume my mind/body will be in some sort of shock tomorrow when I have to be at work instead of stuffing my face…

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 5:59 am

Did you not have to work the first few days of this week?

Jenny November 30, 2011 at 8:07 am

actually I feel that since I was so out of it and sloth-like last week I have been craving some good sweat sessions, outdoor runs, and healthy eats! I think I’m still having sugar withdrawals though..

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 5:59 am

Yeah, I think the sugar is what killed me!!

Maggie November 30, 2011 at 8:17 am

I am having a lot of trouble getting back into the routine this week too! I was EXHAUSTED yesterday and even started feeling like a cold was coming on. I think my body is ready for finals to end and have a break! I’m eating your chocolate cranberry oats as we speak- they are delicious. The chocolate and cranberries are a perfect combo, and it’s not too chocolate-y for the morning!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 30, 2011 at 8:19 am

I’ve definitely had a difficult time getting back into my routine this week, especially after being gone in AZ for an entire week! There’s so much to do to catch up, and I just want to relax. I need a “staycation” from our vacation!

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 6:00 am

I always feel like I need a few days to recover from a vacation!!

Felicia @ Natural + Balanced November 30, 2011 at 8:46 am

yeah i’m pretty unmotivated and just want to do holiday things! i’ve been in bed pretty early too.
by the way my salads are massively-huge every day, with all the good toppings. some even make comments about me fitting it all into my stomach. sometimes i myself wonder…hehe

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 30, 2011 at 9:30 am

Um yes, this week has been crazy! Thankfully, it’s a short one for me. Today is my Friday!

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 6:01 am

Jealous. I think that all weeks until Christmas should be shortened ones – too much stuff going on!!

Tabaitha November 30, 2011 at 9:49 am

The sunset is beautiful!

Anna @ On Anna's Plate November 30, 2011 at 10:08 am

I’m jealous of your avocado!!! I can’t find any good ones here…so of course, it’s the only thing I’ve been craving :-)

Lauren November 30, 2011 at 10:48 am

Gorgeous sunset!! Why must macadamia nuts be so delicious, yet so expensive??

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 6:02 am

I don’t know! Which is why I bought them in this mix – got more for my money!!

Brittany @Little b November 30, 2011 at 10:55 am

I think I was in bed BEFORE 8:30 last night… I can only imagine what time I will be going to bed in 10 years!

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 6:02 am

I will never judge you.

Lauren @ HugsKissesNDishes November 30, 2011 at 11:07 am

I am completely with you! I’ve been exhausted this work week, and I have been getting plenty of sleep. Recovering from all the Thanksgiving festivities still :)

Missy November 30, 2011 at 11:30 am

When I am in my car and I see sunsets like that or rainbows…I always want to roll down my window and be like “Look! Look! How Pretty!” or something to share in the beauty.

I do that when I am walking..lol.. but in the car it is difficult. I always look around at the people hoping to catch someone’s eye.

PS- Your tofu scramble looks good to me!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 30, 2011 at 11:30 am

I feel you girl. I am literally SO exhausted. It doesn’t make a lot of sense. And I’m going to go take a nap now. Okaybye. <3

Anna @ The Guiltless Life November 30, 2011 at 11:35 am

Haha, I have some curries and stews that are like that – so hard to photograph because they look gross but they just taste so good! Happy WIAW!

Lauren November 30, 2011 at 11:39 am

Yah girl, way to get those healthy fats in! :)

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 6:02 am

:) Glad you’re proud of me!!

Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 30, 2011 at 11:48 am

I feel you! This week has been exhausting and way busy. I completely forgot all that I had planned for this week. Yikes!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles November 30, 2011 at 11:48 am

This week has been so. rough. Thank the powers that be that we’re halfway there.

Amber K November 30, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Usually I bounce right back, but for some reason I have been the same way this week. Just can’t seem to get my energy back. And even if your dinner looks gross, I’m glad it tastes delicious. A big mess of tasty food is the best!

Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family November 30, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Funny people keep mentioning you and pregnant…it will happen when the time is right (although the baby would be beautiful).
A good day of eats even if dinner did look a little weird :)
Did you give your husband the iPad yet?

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 6:04 am

haha I swear it happens ALL the time – not only in the blog world, but in the real world too. I can’t tell you how many times I hear when I get together with my family references to my becoming pregnant.

I did NOT give him the iPad. He is waiting – much to his dismay. He’ll thank me later.

Leonor @FoodFaithFitness November 30, 2011 at 2:08 pm

I have heard of nutritional yeast, but what is it?

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 6:04 am

It’s a yeast that gives food a cheesy flavor so it works well in vegan dishes! I sprinkle it on everything.

Kit-Kat November 30, 2011 at 2:12 pm

But with wacky fall quarter finals on board, things are getting a bit un-organized.

Meg @ My Chocolate Covered Life November 30, 2011 at 3:52 pm

As a fellow teacher (Middle School Social Studies) I can answer you exhaustion question – coming back from a long weekend is always horrible! Even though you’re technically “rested” that five day week is really tough. Just remember – winter break is only 2.5 weeks away!

I think I can I think I can….

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 6:05 am

I’ve got 3.5 weeks. We don’t get out until the 22nd. Okay – 3 more weeks exactly! I can do that.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 30, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I always find it so hard to get back into the swing and things after a break. I’m even having trouble focusing this week after going home for the weekend. I think I’m just ready for the Christmas holidays. :P

Your dinner doesn’t look disgusting – it looks awesome! I haven’t had a tofu scramble in ages.

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 6:05 am

I think the lighting is what made it look disgusting!

Emily November 30, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I can definitely relate on being exhausted. I blame the fact that it’s a post-holiday week.
And your dinner looks delicious to me! One of my favorite restaurants has sweet-potato hash brows which I love. I’ve never attempted them at home though- I need to!

Liz @ Southern Charm December 1, 2011 at 11:53 am

YES! It is so hard to get back into the swing of things after a few days off!

Claire December 1, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Chels! I need information on nutritional yeast! What is it?? I see a lot of bloggers using it!

cleaneatingchelsey December 1, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast that comes from the molasses plant of all places. It is full of protein and fiber and gives vegan dishes a “cheesy” flavor. I put it on everything!!!

peacebeme December 1, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Yes! :( after being around people for 4 days on our Thanksgiving trip, I am feeling really lonely this week.