fun facts friday

March 30, 2012

1. Why is it that weeks that you want to go by super slow go by super fast? How is it already Friday? Where did my spring break go?

2. Have you ever seen those bird that like dive bomb into the ground? I saw one when I was driving yesterday, and they make it look like they are falling to their death. It reminded me of when we were younger and my sister and I would crack up at the ridiculous birds that would dive bomb into the field behind our house.

3. All I want right now is chocolate… and blueberry muffins. Seriously. I wish I had eaten just that for dinner last night.

4. I’m going to get a massage today after my last babysitting session with Miss Mia. I’m pretty excited to take a nap on the table — anyone else do that as well?

5. I finished Lone Wolf, and now I’m onto Home Front by Kristin Hannah. She could be my second favorite author. I’ll let you know how it goes. Oh, and just so you know — Lone Wolf was incredibly good. Love Jodi  Picoult.

home-front-hc-bg

7. I was in the car for far too long yesterday on my day trip to go see my friend Sarah in Bloomington-Normal. I’m looking forward to stretching my legs today on a nice walk with Charlie.

8. I realized right now that I skipped a #6, but I’m too lazy to go back and renumber anything.

9. I want to live vicariously through your weekend plans — is anyone doing anything fun?

10. You want to know what stinks? When your lip gloss leaks on the inside of your Coach purse. Yeah — we’ll pretend that didn’t happen. Even though it did.

11. I would love to have a bank of guest posts for “emergency days” when something goes awry and I can’t get to posting. If you have an idea for a guest post or would like to write one for me, go ahead and email me — you don’t have to be a blogger!

12. Happy Friday!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 30, 2012 at 6:17 am

My lotion recently leaked in my purse. It’s such a pain to clean!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Again, I can relate all of life’s moments to Friends. have you seen the episode with Ross and the shampoo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Coto51k2rHY

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 31, 2012 at 7:53 am

Haha, yes, I’ve seen that episode! I’ve seen every episode, actually. A year ago, my fiance and I worked our way through all 10 seasons. I relate my life to it quite frequently too!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 30, 2012 at 6:19 am

Those weeks that you would rather inch by- like spring break just seem to fly, don’t they?! I guess summer will be here soon enough and we can bask in all of its glory. :) Can’t wait.
I hope your massage is a super relaxing time and that you have the perfect masseuse so you can get your nap in on the table. Have a wonderful day, Chelsey!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Thanks – it was super relaxing!

Linz @ Itz Linz March 30, 2012 at 6:24 am

So annoying about lip gloss!!! Hate when that happens!!! One time a bottle of my essential oil spilled completely in my purse… it was the oil called “breathe” so it was a very strong scent (plus an expensive oil!)

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Yikes!

Khushboo March 30, 2012 at 6:25 am

You know what’s even better than falling asleep during a massage? Waking up with a massage! In Mumbai, it’s common to call massage ladies home so on most Sundays, she comes around 8 or 9 am…just as I’m waking up (sometimes in deep sleep and my mom opens the door to her)- bliss I tell you!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:20 pm

That sounds so nice.

Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 30, 2012 at 6:28 am

Isn’t Kristin Hannah the best??? Have you read Firefly Lane??? If you haven’t, you have to buy it right now! Happy Friday :)

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 6:32 am

YES! I love that one – have you read Winter Garden? By far one of my favorites

Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 30, 2012 at 6:34 am

No! I haven’t, but I’m definetly gonna have to get it ASAP.

Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 30, 2012 at 6:29 am

And btw I’d love to write a guest post for you!!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 6:32 am

Do it! :)

Emily @ The Swallow Flies March 30, 2012 at 6:52 am

I love, love, love Jodi Picoult – and haven’t read Lone Wolf. And, I’ve never even heard of Kristin Hannah but totally feel like I’m missing out! I guess a trip to Barnes & Noble is in my weekend plans! :)

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Kristin Hannah is one of my favorite authors – so good!

Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 30, 2012 at 7:06 am

I’m running in a really fun 10K tomorrow morning, and tonight 4 or 5 of our friends that are running it are spending the night! The joys of living downtown and being close to fun things :) A second set of friends is (are?) staying with us on Saturday night. A social weekend for sure!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Yahoo! You’re the hostess with the mostess!

Lori Lynn March 30, 2012 at 7:13 am

My Spring Break starts next week– we started State Reading testing this week, so I am SO ready for the break. The kids were CRAZY yesterday, and luckily they all aren’t testing today, though I have to test 3 of my students that were gone. No big spring break plans, other than spending time with my parent’s, which is always nice. :-)

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:23 pm

We finished up our state testing in the beginning of the month – always nice to get it out of the way!

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! March 30, 2012 at 7:30 am

I hate that – work/school always drags, and vacation never lasts long enough! You really want to live vicariously through my weekend plans? I would – I’m going on a cruise ship to Riga, Latvia for 2 nights! ( and i only paid $15 for it)
I’d love to write a guest post for you, as well! But first I have to think of something. If you’re still taking submissions by the time I get around to it.

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I want to go!!!

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! March 30, 2012 at 7:32 am

I have a guest post that I will send over to ya!!

Tiff March 30, 2012 at 7:45 am

Sooooo jealous of your massage. I hope you enjoy every second of it. :)

Have a great weekend!

katie March 30, 2012 at 7:48 am

Happy Friday love!

Enjoy that massage! You deserve it!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Thanks girlie!

Ruth March 30, 2012 at 7:51 am

The fun I’m looking forward to this weekend is attending a fruit-tree pruning training at the local apple farm. Then I’m going to plant some apple trees in my yard. You can vicariously cut branches (and dig deep holes), if you’d like!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Oh how fun!!! I’ve always wanted fruit trees!

Kaye March 30, 2012 at 7:53 am

Home Front was such a great book…it drew you in from the start…I think I read it in one day! The thing I like best is that the characters are so REAL…I think you will realy enjoy it. I have yet to read Lone Wolf but I love Jodi Picoult as an author as well so it’s on my list! Enjoy the last day of your break…they always go by so fast.

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I’m already halfway done. No joke.

Leah @ Chocolate and Wild Air March 30, 2012 at 7:54 am

I’m headed home to Kentucky, to watch all of the Final Four madness between Louisville and Kentucky!!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Have fun! I’m sure it’s going to be crazy in your state!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 30, 2012 at 7:55 am

My big weekend plans are seeing Legally Blonde the Musical, my Dr. Apt out in the ‘burbs, dinner with my cousin and her friends to celebrate her engagement and… my half marathon! Ahhh can’t believe it’s actually here. Oh and I’m glad to hear you liked Lone Wolf, I’ve read all of Jodi Picoult’s novels except the two most recent!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I love how you used the word “the burbs”.

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:26 pm

PS That means you’re a true Chicagoan.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 30, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Haha I’m so proud!!!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen March 30, 2012 at 8:16 am

I hate when things spill inside your bag. Luckily, it’s usually water for me. My leather wallet doesn’t like it so much, but other than that it’s not nearly as messy as lip gloss would be. Yuck!
If you consider fun staying inside on a cold rainy weekend cooking up a storm, then yes, I have WILD plans!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Why that’s fun!!!

Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride March 30, 2012 at 8:25 am

So funny, two of my friends recently said during massages they always fall asleep too. I’m totally the opposite! I want to be awake for every moment of it and spend most of it praying it never ends!

Have you read Firefly Lane or Night Road? Loved them both!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:27 pm

BOTH of them! They’re so good. Have you read Winter Garden? I think it’s my favorite.

Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride March 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Ohh I haven’t yet! I know what I’ll be reading this weekend!

Faith @ For the Health of It March 30, 2012 at 8:32 am

Oh yikes! That stinks about your bag. A coffee creamer cup exploded inside my Dooney and Bourke and I wanted to scream. At least it smells like amaretto now…

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Yuuum! ;)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 30, 2012 at 8:39 am

I had a free chocolate from Olive Garden melt in my purse back in highschool. I’m glad it wasn’t a good bag, but still messy.

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm

One time when I was in HS, I went to olive garden with my friend while wearing white shorts. I ended up sitting on a chocolate. Um… yeah, that looked awesome.

Sarah @BlondeBostonian March 30, 2012 at 8:45 am

No! Not the purse!! Bummer!

I’d love to write a blog post for you! I’ll have to brainstorm some ideas.

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Send one over!

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon March 30, 2012 at 9:00 am

I had a bb muffin for breakfast and it was delightful!
Enjoy the weekend!!!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:29 pm

gaaah jealous! Although I crumbled a half of one in my oatmeal this morning.

clare @ fittingitallin March 30, 2012 at 9:18 am

My fun weekend plans = boyfriend coming in:)
And i’ll think of a guest post to write!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:29 pm

How sweet! he is making trips down quite frequently! Does he live in STL?

Maggie March 30, 2012 at 9:21 am

If Kristin Hannah is anything like Jodi Picoult I might have to read that book :D let us know how you like it!! I stupidly put half of a banana without anything over the cut end in my coach purse, now I have banana slime all over the inside of my purse..and it won’t come out! haha

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I’m halfway through one day in!

Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves March 30, 2012 at 9:55 am

I used to carry toothpaste in my car glove compartment, in case of emergencies, and it exploded. I didn’t realize until I got pulled over and had to hand the cop a toothpaste saturated registration. Needless to say, I don’t carry toothpaste in my car anymore. And I keep all my glosses in a small pouch in my purse to avoid similar disasters.

Averie @ Averie Cooks March 30, 2012 at 9:56 am

I have my own bank of guest posts. Girl, pre-write yourself something that’s timeless and can just hit publish on. Even something easy and simple. It’s a LIFESAVER, mentally, just knowing it’s in there. And I find when I have them, I don’t need them anyway. It’s when I don’t have anything to rely on, I hit snags and life stuff pops up and I so wish I had a stash!

Bridget B March 30, 2012 at 10:09 am

One suggestion for the lip gloss scenario: Put all liquids and semi-liquids in a zip lock bag. Or if you have a couple of those cheap, drugstore brand cosmetic bags lying around, put it all in there! The clear bags still let you see everything and you won’t risk another leak. I do this with all of my lotions, hand sanitizers, etc. Happy weekend!

Laura @ LauraLikesDesign March 30, 2012 at 10:13 am

I agree–weeks go by so fast when you want them to last. Same with days, too!

Natalie March 30, 2012 at 10:20 am

I hear ya with #10….It’s comparable to hand sanitizer dripping on and staining the outside of my leather cynthia rowley spring-blue purse. It left a stain!! ARGH!

Liz @ IHeartVegetables March 30, 2012 at 10:36 am

Leaky lip gloss and melted gum have ruined way too many of my bags :(

Ellie @ healthy belly ellie March 30, 2012 at 10:48 am

Hey there Chelsey! I’ve been reading your blog for a while now, and I love it! I am a new (3 weeks) food blogger – and I’m loving it! I would absolutely love to write a guest post for you! That’d be great:)

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola March 30, 2012 at 11:31 am

Happy Friday!! I hope that you have a fab massage today and are able to soak up the last days of your vacation! And oh no about your purse :( Sad! That’s def happened to me before too! As has an entire diet coke bottle spilling in my purse…. which happened 2x!! Ugh! This weekend I’m going to HH tonight with some friends and then tomorrow to a mimosa brunch with my girlfriends! Should be fun!

Meg @ My Chocolate Covered Life March 30, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I know you have touched on this before, but I would love to see a post about budgeting expenses. I am impressed at how diligent you are about your grocery spending, and I would love to see the full picture break down of expenses – how much goes into savings, how much goes into travel, clothes, etc. Not sure whether you’re comfortable sharing, but given how many people I know who are in debt (scary to think about) I think we’d all benefit from reading about smart budgeting.

Anna @ The Guiltless Life March 30, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I love Kristin Hannah’s books also! They’re great reads and she goes into so much depth with her research and character development. My favourite I think was Winter Garden. And yes, I totally agree that time flies too fast when you’re having fun! I just got back from 2 weeks of vacay :) .

Amber K March 30, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I hate it when things leak in my bags. Thankfully it hasn’t happened too often and mostly with lotion. So at least they smell good?

Jen@FoodFamilyFitness March 30, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Last week when it was more like summer instead of winter here in Michigan, I stuck half a Lunabar in my Coach purse…melted honey peanut pretzel everywhere. Sucks.

Lindsay @ Fuel My Family March 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I made and posted a recipe for some chocolate chip muffins today that may satisfy both cravings in one! And I know this may sound super weird but I have put blueberries in my chocoalte chip muffins before and its actually a delicious combo!
If you ever wanted a guest post on anything breastfeeding, pregnancy, gestational diabetes nutrition, working out with kids, meals for kids and adults alike, or not running while pregnant etc…i’d love to :)

Talia @ Bite Size Wellness March 30, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Oh I hate when things leak into the purse! So frustrating.
I’d be interested in guest posting! Let’s connect and we can discuss ideas. :)

Jasper @ crunchylittlebites March 30, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Chesley, you seriously CRACK ME UP…please begin a talk show…like Ellen :) you’d be friggin’ awesome at it!~ think about it…you are in a great location for it (Oprah network ) I am going shopping with my stepmom plus watching Mirror Mirror with a group of girls — I think it will be a fun one! (oh, and I am face painting for kids in the morning at church! )

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List March 30, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I’ll trade you – you write one for me, I’ll write one for you. Deal?

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 6:12 pm

dealio.

Stephanie March 30, 2012 at 5:29 pm

My lip gloss has totally leaked in my Coach purse. Bummer! Have a great weekend!

cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2012 at 6:11 pm

ugggh I hate that we have to be twinnies in that aspect.

Kelly March 30, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Fun plans for me—my spring break is just *beginning* :-) Finished grades today to end the quarter, now it’s 9 days of bliss. Well, 8 days until I’m in the same place you are wondering where it all went ;-)

I’d love to do a guest blog entry–considering you’re my new favorite blog to follow. Maybe on yoga? That’s pretty much what I do best…

Angie @ Pint of Goals March 30, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Kristin Hannah is amazing! My favorite book of her’s (so far) is the very first book by her I ever read: Firefly Lane. Have you read it? What is your favorite book by her?

cleaneatingchelsey March 31, 2012 at 7:56 am

I’ve read all of her books actually – I loved Winter Garden the most. Night Road was runner up. Firefly Lane is 3rd place believe it or not!!!

Alaina March 31, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I haven’t read anything by Jodi Picoult yet but have heard great things about her writing. My mom’s best friend is actually best friends with Jodi! :-)

Have a great weekend Chelsey!

Jody March 31, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Love your blog!!!! I finished a book I’m writing this weekend!!

Love your pumpkin protein muffin recipe. I think I’ve made it 10 times in the last week.

Enjoy your weekend!

Jody

Rebecca March 31, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Birds that dive bomb…you mean Angry Birds, right? ;)
Soak up your weekend and last hours of break!!

Amy April 1, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Home Front is one of my most favorite recent reads! You will love it!

Connie the Cookie Monster April 2, 2012 at 2:27 am

#3 applies to me allll the time, i always have a mad chocolate craving!

Joanna April 3, 2012 at 2:13 am

I love your blog! And would absolutely love to do a guest post. I’m a newbie to the blog writing world and have a very humble following (maybe 50 people, haha!). Feel free to check out my blog and see what you think. :)

cleaneatingchelsey April 3, 2012 at 6:03 am

Sure! Go ahead and send one over and I’ll put it in my guest post files!