my one millionth wiaw post

April 25, 2012

Okay, not really my millionth, but it sure feels like that, doesn’t it?

Thank you to everyone who left such heartfelt comments on yesterday’s post. It means so much to me that I have so much support these days. Some people misconstrued my message, and I want to make sure that no one misunderstands — in no way shape or form was I underweight for my height and in no way shape or form was I not eating enough either. What I am going through is so highly individualized based on each person and I just so happen to have to be on the higher end of a “normal” BMI for my body to function at its optimum.

But enough of that serious talk, let’s talk about food! Yesterday’s post took it out of me, so this post might be low on words!

Breakfast 6:00 AM

Yesterday was a pancake day for sure. This is mainly because I was far too lazy to prep my overnight oats last night. All I wanted to do was go lay in bed!

April 10, 2012 025

On my way to school, I stopped and got a tall soy misto — I was really feeling the coffee yesterday!

image

Lunch — 11:30 AM

Bagel sandwich with a fried egg, horseradish hummus, lettuce, and tomato — best sandwich ever.

April 10, 2012 029
On the side I ate an apple and a few pieces of dark chocolate. It definitely hit the spot for my 2.5 hour meeting this afternoon.  I’m sure my kids loved a break from me! ;)

Snack — 3:30 PM

On my way home, I ate the usual snack…

February 14, 2012 005

… and when I got home, I walked over to my sister’s house to see Aubrey. My mom was babysitting, so we visited for a few minutes before the princess needed to go down for a nap. 1 mile walk home!

When I got home, I started on cleaning the kitchen (it’s always a disaster by the time I get home from work — apparently Charlie doesn’t know how to do the dishes while I’m away — what a shame!) and making dinner. While prepping, I snacked on a new to me snack that I was sent to try out.

April 24, 2012 001
Meeehhh, I’m not really a fan. I really like dried fruit, but not freeze dried fruit apparently. I think that young kids would enjoy the Funky Monkey snacks, but they’re not for me.

Dinner — 6:00 PM

For dinner tonight, I prepped a batch of chickpeas yesterday by soaking them overnight and cooking them for an hour on the stovetop this morning. I used those chickpeas to make Oh She Glow’s Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad — I haven’t made this for a long time and I forgot how much I love it! On the side, I ate roasted cauliflower and broccoli.

April 24, 2012 004
I ate this dinner plate x 2. It was delicious!

Snack — TBD

Greek yogurt & protein muffin?

Granola?

Udi’s Blueberry Muffin?

I just can’t decide!!!

Question: What is a favorite recipe you have from a blogger?

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy April 25, 2012 at 6:12 am

I haven’t had a soy misto since the fall — it sounds good right now!

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:13 am

I seriously have been getting 2-3 a week lately. So much for that “no coffee” thing, right? :)

kaity April 25, 2012 at 6:14 am

i feel you on the having to gain weight my doctor said just in order to get my period back i need more fat on me (and i have fat just like you sed you just need the higher number for ur BMI)..who knew estrogen is wats stored in fat? learn something new everyday. but goodluck with all of that it seems your doing great and your on the right track! and that osg dish just made the otherday i had some left over chickpeas bc i cant seem to remember how much it makes wen i cook it and overload on chickpeas and forgot about that dish too, so good!

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:14 am

Good luck Kaity!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} April 25, 2012 at 6:26 am

I’ve gotten a lot of good recipes from bloggers. I probably wouldn’t read them if I didn’t, he he.

Cait @ Beyond Bananas April 25, 2012 at 6:34 am

Some of my favorite recipes come from Skinnytaste. I especially like the spinach and cheese rollatini! But I get tons of recipes from blogs.. and also inspirations to try some things of my own!!

Cara Craves... April 25, 2012 at 6:38 am

I would have to say you stuffed acorn!!
and Angela’s chocolate torte…Mmmm!

khushboo April 25, 2012 at 6:38 am

As simple a recipe it is, I will forever be grateful to the blog world for introducing me to overnight oats in jar- what was I doing all the years beforehand!!!

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:15 am

You and me as well!

Becky Przy April 25, 2012 at 6:46 am

I love Mama Peas baked oatmeal bars–I make a batch every week. So good for a snack! And I love your protein muffin.

I just wanted to comment on yesterdays post–thank you so much for sharing your journey. I have the same issue and I know I am going to have to face it head on in the next couple of weeks. I am terrified. I am sure I will refer back to your posts;-)
Personally, I think you are one of the healthiest bloggers out there. I know you may feel you ‘let yourself go’ but you allowed your body to do what it was meant to do–and that is the healthiest thing of all!

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:16 am

Thanks Becky – I remember you telling me about how you were going to stop running after your race. Good luck to you – please email me if you need anything!!

Becky Przy April 28, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Thanks Chelsey! I didn’t finish my race today:-( I think I will learn a lot from the experience. I am think my body was telling me I needed to rest and I didn’t listen.

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles April 25, 2012 at 6:50 am

I love your North Face jacket- I have a pink and black one that are light like that and I seriously teach in them all day long- my room is FREEZING and I have to teach in a coat. I think I need a blue one now! :)

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:16 am

My room is cold too. I have a blanket in my room and some days I can be found buried under it during my plan time!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile April 25, 2012 at 6:53 am

Everything looks awesome as usual! I’m craving starbucks now :D

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 25, 2012 at 7:03 am

That dinner does look delicious!!!! I think one of my favorites was actually the creamy spaghetti squash that I made from one of your recipes!

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:17 am

Oh that’s one of my favorites! I can’t wait to get spaghetti squash growing in my garden!

Parita @ myinnershakti April 25, 2012 at 7:21 am

I love all of Katie’s (CCK) dessert recipes. It’s unbelievable how amazing they taste, even with all the beans and tofu!!!

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 25, 2012 at 7:24 am

you so already know my answer to that. I’m still obsessed with your apple butternut squash soup and tell everyone I know about the recipe. ;)

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:17 am

bahaha – I love it!

Alyssa @ fit and fun in third April 25, 2012 at 7:28 am

I steal so many recipes from blogs its hard to choose, but I’ve been eating oatless oats that I got off of carrots n cake for breakfast recently…. Love it!

katie April 25, 2012 at 7:45 am

Again, I am SO happy for you! <3 Thank you for all your support towards me too!

I need to create more recipes that I see, maybe one day soon ;)

Happy Wednesday love!

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:17 am

Thanks Katie! :)

Sarah @Blonde Bostonian April 25, 2012 at 7:58 am

Looks like a delicious day of eats. I have a ton of recipes from blogs. I love Kath’s baked oatmeal bars.

Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life April 25, 2012 at 8:16 am

I think the best recipe I have ever gotten from blogs is a green smoothie! I would have never thought to add spinach to my smoothies, but it is so nutritious and it is absolutely delicious! Who would have thought! ;-)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 25, 2012 at 8:17 am

Mistos > Lattes any day of the week.

My favorite blog inspiration has to be overnight oats and green monsters – I wonder where they originated! :)

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:17 am

I so agree about mistos > lattes!!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life April 25, 2012 at 8:17 am

Oh gosh…how would I ever choose? I have so many blogger recipes that I love! :)

Brittany (Delights and Delectables) April 25, 2012 at 8:20 am

I love anything from Mama Pea, but my hubby and I both LOVE your Roasted Potato Broccoli and White Bean Soup!! I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:18 am

Oh I forgot about that one! I’ll have to make it soon!

Leah April 25, 2012 at 8:23 am

I love your recipes and mama pea…can’t really think of one in particular right now. My kids LOVE the freeze dried fruit..it is kinda good in cereal or oatmeal or yogurt.

cathy@1970kikiproject April 25, 2012 at 8:26 am

i don’t enjoy cooking so i have never tried a recipe from a blogger!
but i have bought chia seeds, a few kinds of bars (like KIND, larabar) and cereals, for example, that i have seen on blogs. i just wish in canada that we had the selections and brands that you have in the states!
sorry funky monkey was not that great…the name is super fun!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 25, 2012 at 8:29 am

Oh goodness, I have so many awesome recipes from bloggers, I don’t even know how to decide! I do have to say that Jessica from How Sweet It Is is a favorite … her giant M&M cookies are ah-mazing! ;)

P.S. I got your package yesterday with the granola and coupon! Thank you so much!!

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:18 am

Anything from Jess is delicious – she’s a genius! Enjoy the LOVE!

clare @ fittingitallin April 25, 2012 at 9:39 am

I love Gina’s (fitnessita) black bean sweet potato chili, and ALL of Anne’s (fannetastic) muffins!

Averie @ Averie Cooks April 25, 2012 at 10:19 am

You always make the best looking sweet potatoes…okay, I need to pick some up today and roast a few up. You have me craving them!

Alex @ runwithin April 25, 2012 at 10:21 am

I love funky monkey snack packs. So delicious.

susan April 25, 2012 at 11:07 am

odd question…do you cook the egg the night before? how do you cook it? thanks!!

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:19 am

I just pan fry it – just crack it open in the skillet, cook on one side and flip!

Abby @ Change of Pace April 25, 2012 at 11:15 am

I really shouldn’t read delicious blogs when I’m hungry but already ate my morning snack!
I think my favourite blogger recipe would have to be Oh She Glow’s Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream. It’s such a fabulous seasonal recipe!

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola April 25, 2012 at 11:20 am

Ohh those pancakes look fantastic and like the perfect start to a day! And I actually really like freeze dried fruit but am not a big fan of normal dried fruit– something about how chewy it usually is bothers me! Your dinner looks fantastic and the perfect way to use up some sweet potatoes that I’ve had lying around! There are so many delicious blogger recipes out there (my Pinterest is full of them) but if I had to choose just one it would be CCK’s single lady cupcake/chocolate cake. They never disappoint!

janetha @ meals & moves April 25, 2012 at 11:22 am

Happy 1,000,000th! haha

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:20 am

haha Thanks – I actually figured it would have taken me 19,230 years to get to my millionth WIAW so I guess I was exaggerating just a wee little bit.

Amber K April 25, 2012 at 11:40 am

Ooh fave recipe from a blogger? That’s hard! I really like Oh She Glows’ recipes though, definitely some keepers there. Those Funky Monkey snacks are tasty, but holy sugar overload! I got jittery after eating the bag I tried.

Jasmine April 25, 2012 at 12:18 pm

If you ever want to switch it up from rasins, I love eating dried cranberries with almonds- and I always stick them in the fridge before I eat them too. You’re right, they’re so much better that way!
Also the link for the chickpea and sweet potato salad takes me to your chia pancakes recipe? It might just be my computer, but just incase I figured I’d give you a heads up :)

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:21 am

I switched it – sorry!

Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat April 25, 2012 at 12:20 pm

The sweet potato chickpea salad looks really good- I love any thing with sweet potatoes! :)

Anna @ The Guiltless Life April 25, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I haven’t tried that sweet potato chickpea salad from OSG but I’m always happy to hear other bloggers’ recommendations for recipes. I will give that a try! And the idea of putting a fried egg in a bagel for a sandwich is pretty genius, I have to admit.

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:21 am

I’m not the first one to come up with it, but it is quite delicious. ;)

Lindsay @ Fuel My Family April 25, 2012 at 1:11 pm

It is crazy how individualized our bodies are. You see these teeny tiny women who get pregnant. My body can’t unless I have a little extra padding as well :) . Its actually kind of a relief when we want to get pregnant again and I NEED to exercise less and eat more (and I am like you, I was in no way too skinny to begin with).
My favorite recipe is super simple and its more of a technique. Kath’s roasted sweet potatoes. We eat them a couple times a week!

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:21 am

Thanks for the support Lindsay!

Peggy April 25, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Where can I find the recipe for Oh She Glow’s Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad? I even entered it in the “search” and nothing came up. Looks delish!

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:22 am

I changed the link – it should work now!!

Kit-Kat April 25, 2012 at 3:38 pm

pancakes….. :-d I need to try that recipe sometime soon!

One of my favorite recipes I have from a blogger is Angela’s (Oh She Glows) Frosty no-bake cookies and her snickerdoodles.

Another great recipe I love is Chocolate Covered Katie’s Single Lady cookies (can you tell I love cookies? ;-) )

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:22 am

haha – I love cookies too!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 25, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I have too many favourite blogger recipes to remember them all! Angela’s no bake date squares are definitely somewhere near the top of the list though. I couldn’t help but eat them straight from the pan. :D

Maggie April 25, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I love that chickpea and sweet potato salad too- I need to make it again! :D Some of my favorite recipes though are probably yours. I love all of the ones I have tried! The curry chickpea burgers I make at least every other week. :)

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:22 am

Oh Those are so delicious – I haven’t made them for a while!!

Ellie@Fit for the Soul April 25, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Mmm your food looks delicious! I love chickpeas, and Angela has so many great recipes!

Alexis @ Hummusapien April 25, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve stared at that pancake sauce trying to remember to make it! I don’t have early class tomorrow, so I’m thinking it’s gonna be pancake day…

Ali April 26, 2012 at 6:42 am

I am addicted to soy chai tea mistos! Have we met in a previous life? Just kidding, but I love everything you eat and drink!

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:23 am

We may have! :)

Diane April 26, 2012 at 11:07 am

I’m getting a pancake recipe for the Oh She Glow Sweet Potato recipe. :(

cleaneatingchelsey April 28, 2012 at 8:23 am

I changed it – sorry Diane!

Diane April 30, 2012 at 9:01 am

Great. Thank you. Can’t wait to make it. I love sweet potatoes!

Lisa April 26, 2012 at 11:42 am

I love my starbucks, I go there literally everyday. Boy, my wallet hates me. Your pancakes always look the best, I’m going to have to try your recipe!