fun facts friday

April 27, 2012

1. Someone from Kohl’s saw my post about last week’s shopping spree and wanted to give you all the opportunity to SAVE on some of their products! From now until June 23, you can use the coupon code BLOGGER10 to save 10%. Even better? You can stack this code with another coupon!

2. I feel like this week went by in the blink of an eye. Even more than that, I am tired with a capital T. Time for some couch time, that’s for sure.

3. I’m planning on doing a post about my garden soon, but I have to tell you all a secret so you’re not deceived. I do not have a green thumb — at all. In fact, last year all of my vegetables that were in my garden started out as baby plants that I bought from the store, not as seeds. This year, my mother in law has been providing me with all these plants that she started for me. All I have to do is make sure they don’t die. She’s the best. In case you’re wondering, right now I’ve got onions, potatoes, and rutabaga in the ground. In little pots in my house, I have tomatoes, cilantro, and romaine lettuce. I stinking love gardening.

4. Tomorrow I’ve got a date with Katie to go get a sushi lunch and go see a movie — best Saturday afternoon date ever.

5. Remember how this is a food blog? When in the world is the last time I even posted a food recipe? I’m the worst.

6. I’m still trying to convince the Husband that we should go on vacation this summer. Good news? It’s going pretty well. I’m a fairly persuasive person.

7. I forgot it was Charlie’s birthday on Sunday. I’m probably the worst fur baby mama in the world. I also forgot I had a dentist appointment yesterday. NO ONE LET ME FORGET I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT ON MONDAY AFTERNOON NOW! There, now it’s on you, not on me. It feels good to get that off my chest.

8. Last night I had our annual open house/portfolio night at school — I stinking love talking to parents. They crack me up. Some of them I could talk to for hours on end.

9. Oatmeal makes the best dinner in the world when you get home at 8:00 and feel like eating your face off.

10. I tried the new Strawberry G.T. Kombucha yesterday. It’s a close runner up to my favorite, Trilogy. I kind of want one every day.

11. I hope you all have an incredible weekend! Happy Friday!

Shana April 27, 2012 at 6:07 am

I also stink at gardening. I pretty much ignore all of the advice and time tested practices and just do whatever I feel like doing. It’s a nice surprise to see what survives!!

lindsay April 27, 2012 at 6:10 am

Oh come on hubs, vacation is a must or teachers! hehe, and yes strawberry GT is growing on me too. Passionberry is next. :P

cleaneatingchelsey April 27, 2012 at 6:18 am

haha it’s not a must for him when it’s his busy season!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles April 27, 2012 at 6:11 am

<3 Gardening <3 best thing ever. I started my seedlings but am SO far behind….. This time of year is UBER BUSY at school it is almost impossible to keep your whits about you. I know the feeing. I seriously don't know which way is up and where my kids need to be when. But, I can blame it on pregnancy brain this year- I'm using it.
GO ON VACATION! You won't regret it! Promise. Cross my heart. Pinky swear.

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 27, 2012 at 6:12 am

Can’t wait to see the garden! That’s something I really want to do once my husband & I buy a house!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 27, 2012 at 6:17 am

AHHHH SO EXCITED FOR SUSHI AND A MOVIE!!!!! Haha and strawberry kombucha is the first flavor I tried, I thought it tasted a bit like Strawberry Andre… I liked it.

cleaneatingchelsey April 27, 2012 at 6:20 am

YES! It totally does taste like that. I lived off of those bottles in college – no lie.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 27, 2012 at 6:24 am

um… yea. There was a corner store next to the house I lived in one year that was always stocked up on them. Too many pictures hidden away on my computer featuring strawberry andre…

Alyssa @ fit and fun in third April 27, 2012 at 6:25 am

Ugghh I’m so addicted to Kombucha Trilogy and Gingerade it’s really not funny. I’m just waiting for the day when my husband realizes how costly these little drinks are and throws down the ax. I just can’t help it……
Happy Friday!!! :)

cleaneatingchelsey April 27, 2012 at 6:26 am

I think of it this way – he buys beer, I buy kombucha!!!

Alyssa @ fit and fun in third April 27, 2012 at 6:30 am

Yes!!!! Perfect.

Becky Przy April 27, 2012 at 7:00 am

I will have to use the beer argument (plus all the pop he drinks).

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy April 27, 2012 at 6:25 am

I love eating oatmeal for dinner when I get home late — so easy, but comforting!

Jamie @ Thrifty Veggie Mama April 27, 2012 at 6:42 am

How fun! I went shopping at Kohl’s yesterday and had a 20%off coupon plus got Kohl’s cash so I get to go back and buy more stuff! I’ll keep the coupon in mind!

Miranda @ Biting Life April 27, 2012 at 6:56 am

TECHNICALLY it was yesterday ;) Guest bloggers count, right?!

Becky Przy April 27, 2012 at 6:59 am

I bet the parents love talking to you too! Their kids are fortunate to have you as a teacher:-)

I admire everyone who has a garden. My husband is big into gardening–I had no idea how much time/energy goes into gardening…that is probably why I have never been successful. My husband started his seeds way back in February–I am so happy we have a greenhouse. When we lived in a tiny apartment, he had grow lights and plant trays all over our floor–I am sure our neighbors thought we were growing something illegal;-)

Lori Lynn April 27, 2012 at 7:19 am

With living in an apartment, it’s kind of hard for me to have a garden, but my parent’s have always had a really big one ever since I can remember. They have certain ones that they buy already started (like tomatoes), and then other ones that they grow from seed. I’m always waiting for their cucumbers, b/c they are so much better than what you buy in the stores.

Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 27, 2012 at 7:25 am

I completely agree about oatmeal for dinner. I’ve done that many a time. Last night, I got home from work around 8:00 and made a quick meal of peanut butter and banana on an English muffin … followed by a bowl of Kashi cereal. I was starving! ;)

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health April 27, 2012 at 7:35 am

So jealous of your meet up with Katie! I want to meet both of you!!! I feel ya on the tired thing…I need a nap today I think. Hope you have a fabulous weekend love <3

Alex @ runwithin April 27, 2012 at 8:24 am

Can you believe I have never tried Kombucha? I can’t wait till I am closer to other bloggers to be part of meet ups!

Meg April 27, 2012 at 8:37 am

Good morning beautiful! :) You always make me smile! <3 Love reading your blog! How cool is that about the person at Kohls!? WOW :)

Have a fab weekend hun! XO

Meg April 27, 2012 at 8:38 am

Can I just say how happy I am that I didn’t go into spam? :) Ok ;) I’ll stop commenting now ;)

Ashley @ Freckles & Spice April 27, 2012 at 9:13 am

I just had my first bottle of GT and I got the triology! I love it – although I’ve been spoiled by having only fresh on tap versions prior. I will try strawberry next. What other flavors of GT’s do you recommend?

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness April 27, 2012 at 9:14 am

GT is the best!!! I loooove Trilogy, and cherry chia is also amazing if you can get over the texture… but Ginger-ade is still my hands-down favorite.
There’s also a veggie cafe right down the street from my apartment in NYC that has homemade kombucha on tap… ohhhh my goodness.

clare @ fittingitallin April 27, 2012 at 9:16 am

SO literally in the time it took to scroll down to comment, I went from wanting to tell you that I am now going to stop and get a new Kombucha on the way to the airport to realizing that you cant bring freaking liquids through security. UGH. I will have to find it when I get to STL

christina April 27, 2012 at 9:32 am

haha i went through a phase where i was like “i swear this is a food blog you guys…” ummm what? now that my CSA has started, i’ve been better!!

Renee April 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

I have a garden too! I love seeing what other people plant and maintain their gardens! Fresh Produce from your own backyard is the BEST! I can’t wait for this post. I have my planned out but I can’t plant till the snow and cold goes away.

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List April 27, 2012 at 9:45 am

LOVE the Strawberry!! On sale at Whole Foods till May 1st!

Averie @ Averie Cooks April 27, 2012 at 9:57 am

Have a fun time with Katie. Between Kathleen and Katie meetups, I could almost live in Chicago again. No, kidding. The traffic and the weather would do me in. Lol

Very cool the Kohl’s people saw your post & gave the discount!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers April 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

This week really has gone by quite fast. You need a break. In fact, I also think you need a vacation. ;) (Good luck with that persuasion!)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries April 27, 2012 at 10:32 am

haha i pretty much have a “black thumb” aka i kill everything i try to grow. i like your gardening technique though. ;)
i’m happy for you that it’s the weekend! i know it’s been a long week. relax and enjoy!

katie April 27, 2012 at 11:02 am

I wish I was that Katie you are getting sushi with!!!!!

Happy weekend love, enjoy it! <3

Katie April 27, 2012 at 11:50 am

I don’t even know when my dog’s birthday is…eek!

Happy weekend to you!! <3

Amber K April 27, 2012 at 12:08 pm

DON’T FORGET YOUR DENTIST APPOINTMENT! Good enough? ;) I actually have one on Monday afternoon too. But mine is a 90 minute oral surgery appt, sooooo not fun!

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola April 27, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Ohh sushi and a movie sounds like such a fun Saturday afternoon! I’m sure you’ll have a great time! And yay for vacation time with your hubs this summer– where are you thinking of going?? I’m so excited for this weekend — lots of fun plans with friends!

Lisa April 27, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Hope you have an amazing weekend! I’m happy that I don’t have to plan any vegetables myself and my neighbour grows them and then each week drops us off fresh veggies and fruits! Or I just go over and pick them out. Win, win! I have been so tired lately too, no clue why. Plus I have to move this weekend! Stressing.

Abby @ Change of Pace April 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Whether your garden starts out from seeds or plants, it’s still a garden! Looking forward to the post about it.

Talia @ Bite Size Wellness April 27, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I wish I could have garden…or a yard in general really. Love NYC but the biggest complaint is my lack of a yard. Although I do have Central Park a train ride away…will have to make a stop there this weekend and maybe find a secret space for my public garden. haha. Happy Friday lady.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 27, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I really want to do my own gardening! But I can’t even keep a measly basil plant alive. :P So I just let my mom do the work and then I get to reap the benefits haha.

Enjoy your date with Katie tomorrow!

Kit-Kat April 27, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Oatmeal does make a killer dinner! I’ll never forget how after a late night at the hospital when my brother had to go in after a severe head trauma from a car accident, nothing sounded better than a bowl of warm oatmeal.

Katie April 27, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I am trying to use the BLOGGER10 code, and it won’t let me stack it with another coupon :(

cleaneatingchelsey April 27, 2012 at 7:33 pm

booo! I’m going to email her! I’m so sorry!

Katie April 27, 2012 at 9:11 pm

No worries … let me know what she says!

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes April 27, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I do enjoy the strawberry kombucha, and the cranberry one. I have breakfast for dinner like 60% of the week. Good enough. :)

Baking Serendipity April 27, 2012 at 9:59 pm

I totally hear you on the sleepiness this week. I was so ready for the weekend! Enjoy yours :)

Presley @ Run Pretty April 29, 2012 at 9:00 am

I started my blog about running/working out… and I’ve been posting purely baby things lately. I can’t wait to get back to my roots, haha… anyway, I love your posts regardless!

I’m going to the movies today with my girl friends… maybe I can convince them that sushi is necessary, too?!

Lauren April 29, 2012 at 9:54 am

I tried the strawberry kombuch last week and… hated it, ha ha. I’m picky and basically only like mango and multi-green. Unless they start making wine flavor.

Liz @ iheartvegetables April 29, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Cereal is a go to dinner for me too!!! So are quesadillas, lately!