fun facts friday

October 19, 2012

1. So Wednesday night I was looking online for some full length yoga videos and came across this. You’re welcome.

2. I hate to even tell you this but… I’m going camping this weekend. Okay, really it’s going to be 24 hours because I can only stomach the thought of doing one night away from a shower and electricity. Baby steps people… baby steps. Oh yeah, and I’m sleeping in a camper. WHATEVER, it’s camping.

3. You know what I always think about during thunderstorms? This would be so much SNOW in the winter time! And then it’s winter and it never snows. Story of my life. Where’s the precipitation when you need it? (aka: on a Monday mornings)

4. Who ever thought this would be a good idea? Apparently I did. None of the kids have gotten candy corn yet — only me. Bad bad idea.

5. I made the best warm kale, mushroom, and kidney bean salad last night. OH MY GOODNESS. I can’t even explain it!!!

6. The husband’s cousin (and one of my good friends) Mandi had a baby girl, Naomi Grace, last night. I am so excited to meet her! They were surprised on whether it was a boy or girl, and I was on team girl the entire time. I’m a psychic!! ;)

7. This happened last night. Ugh.

8. I have not been able to do much except watch Glee from the beginning on Netflix for the last week. I actually just started watching it last season, and I felt like I needed to know what went on at the beginning.

9. After I found out what my new little cousin’s name is I spent some time on BabyNames.com because you know, I’ve been planning out my children’s names for about 25 years. Apparently all the names I like right now are of the English origin. Who woulda thunk. And no, I’m not telling you what they are. And double no, I’m not preggers.

10. The Husband’s brother and sister in law (the ones we went on vacation with this summer) are coming in town on Sunday for a baby shower. I’m so excited to see them!

11. Yes, there are a gazillion babies being born in our family right now.

12. It’s Friday — have a great weekend! If I don’t make it back by Monday, a bear has eaten me.

Shana October 19, 2012 at 6:12 am

I buy the plain chex and then make my own flavors. That way I can make them 1-2 cups at a time instead of shoving a whole box in my face before bedtime. This week I mashed 1/4 of a super ripe banana (liquify it), added a dash of cocoa, and mixed in 1 cup of chex until they were coated. Then I popped them in a 350 degree oven for 6-8 minutes. They crisp up more after they cool.

cleaneatingchelsey October 19, 2012 at 6:15 am

You’re a genius. I think I love you.

Shana October 19, 2012 at 6:29 am

Think of all the flavor combos!!

Sara @my less serious life October 19, 2012 at 6:14 am

chocolate chex is amazing!!!!

Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries October 19, 2012 at 6:18 am

I’ve NEVER been camping. I thought I was the only one in the world. Well, maybe after this weekend I officially will be. Have fun!

cleaneatingchelsey October 19, 2012 at 6:31 am

THere’s good reason for this Colleen.

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 19, 2012 at 6:30 am

We do get that amount of snowfall here — trust me, you’re not missing out. Well, unless it shuts down the city there. We’ve adapted and even though we get more snow, we get fewer snow days than MANY places further south.
Congrats to all the baby parents in your family!!
And on the topic of baby names — I’ve had my dream names picked out FOREVER. Definitely no shame in that!! (I’ve needed to let others know that if they name their children my choice names, we’ll be having issues!)
Have a great weekend — you’re going to LOVE camping! I know you will. It’s awesome!

cleaneatingchelsey October 19, 2012 at 6:32 am

That’s why I NEVER tell anyone names ever (except for my mom – she also knows my future children’s names). I’m hoping that the Husband likes them – and if not, then maybe after I labor with babies he’ll tell me to choose whatever I want. ;)

Lauren October 19, 2012 at 6:43 am

Haha, I HATE camping! I don’t even hide it and I know it makes me sound super girly but I don’t care. Being dirty and cold is not my idea of a good time. Unless I’m drinking heavily. :) Have fun lady! :)

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 19, 2012 at 6:44 am

I haven’t done much but watch Modern Family. I just started on season one, and I’m addicted.

Enjoy your Friday, and your candy corn. ;)

Becky Przy October 19, 2012 at 6:52 am

Have a fabulous weekend! Camping is so fun–growing up we had a teepee–fire in the middle and everything, it was awesome:-) Although we did get strange looks at campgrounds.

Angela @ Health's Angel October 19, 2012 at 7:11 am

Hahaha oh my gosh. Admittedly, I am way too high maintenance to go camping. I’m impressed that you’re even lasting 24 hours! And I definitely would need to be in a camper. No sleeping on the ground for me! #firstworldproblems
Oh, and I definitely have a list of baby names that I’ve been keeping/updating since high school. I’m nowhere close to having a baby at this point in my life, though.

Sarah October 19, 2012 at 7:19 am

Ooooh yoga videos, loving the options… thank you :) Candy corn is the best and it’s fall so go for it. Handful here and there, totally a’ok! There are for sure a lot of babies being born into your family right now which is very exciting. Happy Friday, keep away from those bears!

Emily @ www.main-eats.com October 19, 2012 at 7:23 am

As a teacher, I TOTALLY understand! Now try mixing peanuts with that candy corn and REALLY watch it disappear into your stomach. WAAAAY too addicting!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 19, 2012 at 7:27 am

Using a camper is the ONLY way to camp. I put my time in when I was in Girl Scouts back in the day–pitching tents, plenty of bugs and sleeping on the ground. I have earned the right to now use a camper. :) Have a great time!

Abby @ Change of Pace October 19, 2012 at 7:29 am

I love camping and am so jealous you’re going, even if its only for the night and in a camper!
I’ve had baby names picked out forever, too, but they’re constantly changing. I like odd names, so I’m thinking nobody will choose them!
Congratulations to your sister in law, and good luck this weekend!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 19, 2012 at 7:34 am

Although I’m nowhere near having a baby (I’m almost 23…not quite yet, thanks) I’ve spent an embarrassingly large amount of time on babynames.com deciding on my favourites. Apparently I like a lot of Irish names!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness October 19, 2012 at 7:40 am

Candy corn and chex are both totally addicting and dangerous! Why is it that the most addicting foods always taste the best?!

Parita October 19, 2012 at 7:46 am

I’ve been dreaming up baby names for a long time as well. I don’t want to go with a traditional Indian name like mine. Instead, V and I are thinking of more fusion’y’ type names…ones that I’m sure will not go over well with our parents! Thank goodness we still have a few more years until we have to deal with all that!!

Sharla October 19, 2012 at 7:52 am

Cinnamon chex happened to me last night – I feel your pain!!

Andrea October 19, 2012 at 7:54 am

Thanks for posting the free yoga videos. I have been searching for some! I also love chocolate chex….right out of the box! I wanted to stop by and let you know I started my own blog! I did my first post this morning. I have been inspired by the many great healthy living blogs out there. Thank you and I can’t wait to here from such supportive people on my blog!

Natalie @ Fresh Life Findings October 19, 2012 at 7:55 am

I always love your Fun Facts :) The camping one especially is hilarious. I feel the same way about camping, enjoy the outdoors but have a nice bed to sleep in :) Have a great weekend!

Amy B @ Second City Randomness October 19, 2012 at 8:18 am

My friend Danielle goes “glamping”. She requires a camper and a facility with running water so she can still wash her face and put on makeup. I adore her. Because I can’t even do that… lol. Give me a beach house…

Minerva October 19, 2012 at 8:19 am

Thanks for sharing the free yoga! Dave Farmar’s free yoga class podcasts are also pretty awesome.

christina October 19, 2012 at 8:29 am

Oh my gosh, please be careful camping this weekend! Haha, jk, you’ll have fun!! CHEX!! I need to go back to the store and get some more…when they’re on sale of course. Ha! Happy Friday dear!

Beks October 19, 2012 at 8:29 am

That’s a lot of baby talk for a rainy Friday. LOL

I’ve been juggling baby names for almost as long as you. I’ve got my girl names picked, but I can never pick boy names. I was going to name a son after my dad, but then Stephenie Meyer had to go and write Twilight (My dad’s name is Edward). :-(

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat October 19, 2012 at 8:39 am

That chocolate Chex is so amazing but so hard to find – and never on sale! When anyone talks to my husband about camping, he says, “We never went camping because my parents loved me.” Ha!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 19, 2012 at 8:46 am

Chelsey? Camping? I’m impressed! ;) And please be my baby gender psychic?!

Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life October 19, 2012 at 9:02 am

Good luck camping this weekend! We go to myrtle beach every year to a campground, but we stay in a big ‘ol air conditioned RV with cable tv.. Ha! It is still ‘camping’ in my eyes though! :)

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 19, 2012 at 9:10 am

You’ll be fine! If I can make it through a night of camping in a tent, with no electricity (and I did), you can make it in a camper. Believe me, camping is not my favorite either!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 19, 2012 at 9:21 am

oh geez, of course there are a billion babies around you right now. And I’m going to withhold my laughing at your “camping” trip. Are you going “hiking” as well? okay, laughing right now.

kim@hungryhealthygirl October 19, 2012 at 9:31 am

Awww……Naomi Grace is such a cute name. I love looking at baby names! Have fun camping!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 19, 2012 at 9:55 am

Thanks so much for sharing the yoga link…I was actually trying to search for something similar just the other day and had no luck.

You and I are in the same boat in regards to camping…I prefer to have access to a toilet at all times…thank goodness you will be in a camper! Good luck! :)

Rachel October 19, 2012 at 9:55 am

YESSS!! Chocolate Chex is the best!! :D

Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 19, 2012 at 10:09 am

So jealous that you’re going camping! I freakin’ love camping (in short bursts), but going at this time of the year just doesn’t sit well with my warmth-loving self. Have fun! Bring marshmallows!

Lisa October 19, 2012 at 10:37 am

Good luck camping. Oh man, I am SO not a camper. I went once and cried the whole time. Yah, I’m dramatic. I just couldn’t get down with the no electricity, shower, makeup thing. Wow, I sound like a fun person to hang out with;) I’m actually a candy corn hater. Candy corn and any sort of gummy candy I’ve just never liked. I was a weirdo kid. I only liked the reese’s. Seriously that’s the only chocolate I’d ever eat as a kid.

Danica @ It's Progression October 19, 2012 at 10:38 am

love the yoga link–thank you!

Lauren @YoungNester October 19, 2012 at 10:54 am

I cannot be without electricity and running water for over 24 hours either. Have fun! I cannot keep candy corn at the house because I will eat a bag a night. haha. And I’ve also been planning baby names for 25 years. I have an Excel spreadsheet. My poor fiance.

Katie October 19, 2012 at 11:16 am

Please share the warm kale mushroom salad!! I’m addicted to cinnamon Chex (especially with sliced strawberries, drool) never tried chocolate Chex though! That will be next on my list!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats October 19, 2012 at 11:38 am

I hate to say I didn’t even know Chocolate Chex existed… what is wrong with me?

Kinley @ Better Off Barefoot October 19, 2012 at 11:43 am

You are brave to go camping! Camper or otherwise, I don’t think that is something I will ever be able to be talked into…

And I am totally with you on the baby boom right now – it’s babies or pregnant ladies everywhere (well, everywhere except my family). And just when I think the last one was born, someone else ends up pregnant. For whatever reason, that makes me feel incredibly old and like I am actually an adult or something…

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola October 19, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Wow, I am so impressed you are going camping this weekend- I’m definitely not a camping girl. I usually just sum it up for people with “I don’t do the outdoors” haha but really. Growing up my mom said camping was a hotel without room service– and I agree! Btw I’m intrigued to try the chocolate chex!! It sounds delish but after my recent bout with crispix and the hospital stay that followed (so NOT gf) I’m off of cereal for a while!

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy October 19, 2012 at 12:32 pm

i love your friday posts! have fun at the baby shower! i love when family is together too:)

Ashley @ LibertyBelles October 19, 2012 at 1:33 pm

My bf asked me yesterday if I wanted to go camping and I laughed in his face. I literally thought he was joking because I don’t camp (he wasn’t) – even if it was in a camper (which is totally real camping!)

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily October 19, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Have a great weekend, good luck with the bears ;)
I have yet to buy a bag of candy corn this year, but that will be changing this weekend!

Amber K October 19, 2012 at 2:28 pm

So many Chex, so little time ;) Although I’ve yet to find the chocolate version anywhere.

I’ve been watching Glee from the beginning too even though I’ve already seen them all because I want to remember the time when I still loved it. This season has been way too off for me.

Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 19, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Mmmm chocolate chex. Heck yea. I bought plain old rice chex last week because I figured it would taste better with fruit added to it or something. At least that’s what I told myself, the real reason is I want to make muddie buddies (recipe on the side of the box). Homemade chex mix is just too damn good!

Miss Polkadot October 19, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I feel you on the camping: Sure, I love nature. But having spent two class trips – in grade 3 and 4 – camping in a forest didn’t leave any good memories. Returning home with legs swollen from what felt like a million mosquitoes’ stings erased any enjoyment of camping there might have ever been – if any at all.

Sorry, I didn’t want to scare you! Camping has its positives, too. Being in nature with people you enjoy, woken up by birds singing .. that’s great!

Also, no shame for planning your future childrens’ names – I may or may not have been thinking about that, too, and I’m only 21 :D .

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 19, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Good luck camping! I’ve never been and I never intend to go, either!

Kelsey October 19, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Season 1 of glee is my favorite so far! You should watch it! But I definitely have high hopes for 4. It’s looking good!

Maria @powerpeanutlife October 20, 2012 at 8:22 am

Ah! I HATE camping. I’ve been once and….you guessed it…I was NOT a happy camper. I wish I had some great insight for you. But I don’t. Good luck. :)

I’d love to hear about your warm kale and mushroom salad – two of my favorite things!

Have a great weekend!

Natalie @ Free Range Human October 20, 2012 at 9:24 am

Chelsey, I had to laugh at #2. I’m a backpacker, and I routinely go four or five days on the trail without showering!

Kelly Michele October 22, 2012 at 10:56 am

hey Chelsey! :)
i had won your CORE giveaway and sent you my information – but have not/ have yet to receive the bars! I was wondering if it should have taken this long or if i had made a mistake somehow. thanks so much!

ps – i have no control around candy corn – whatsoever lol

cleaneatingchelsey October 22, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Hey Kelly, I’ll check my files because I’m about 110% sure I sent your address over to my contact. That or I never got your address. I’ll check!

Kelly Michele October 22, 2012 at 7:50 pm

okie doke! thanks so much for checking :)

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner October 22, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Are those babies your cousins? neices? nephews? :)

Hollywood Healthy October 22, 2012 at 11:12 pm

You can send that candy corn to me if you get sick of it ;)