fun facts friday

October 26, 2012

1. Apparently I’m getting old, or I seriously am not cool or in the loop at all. Reason? Up until yesterday, I had no idea what the term “hipster” meant. Thank you, Urban Dictionary.

2. Don’t even make fun of me, but ohmygosh I freaked out when Taylor Swift’s new CD came out on Monday. I’ve been counting down the day since about six months ago. Don’t even pretend like you don’t rock out to “We are Never Getting Back Together”. My 11 year old niece and I both agree that this song should be her next single. The beat is amazing. Yes, I’m 25.

3. Every single time I run now, I seriously cannot even fathom how I have ever run 13.1 miles at one time. How did I ever do that? Regardless, I always feel like a rock star whenever I run now.

5. And this conversation with Katie was in response to my picture. I heart her. We’re going dancing next weekend for her birthday. And I’m going to stay up past 11 for the first time in a looooong time. Lord, please give me the strength.

image
6. Yesterday I had one of those validating teacher moments when you just absolutely know what you’re doing is right and good. I had a really nice conversation with a parent, and I couldn’t stop smiling from all of the nice things she said. Things like that are so nice for a teacher to hear — so seriously, if you’re a parent and you’re liking something your teacher is doing, please tell them!!!

7. Dinner tonight with the bestie — when I asked her what time she would like to go, she suggested 5:30. I knew there was a reason why I loved that girl!

8. It’s taken me about an hour to write this much of my post so far. I’m being so unproductive.

9. And with that, I’m done. My attention span is of a toddler tonight. Happy Friday!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 26, 2012 at 6:04 am

5:30 is the best time for dinner, and I love us and out intellectual fraction conversations! We so smart.

cleaneatingchelsey October 26, 2012 at 6:10 am

And you definitely proved your smartness with your comment. ;)

cleaneatingchelsey October 26, 2012 at 6:10 am

PS – Why are you up right now!? You’re crazy.

Khushboo October 26, 2012 at 6:08 am

I love number 3! During my run this morning, I was wondering how this time last year, I busted out 10 miles like it was no big deal whereas today even 5 km seemed like a marathon! Either way, we are both rockstars for getting out there and running. Have a great weekend, Chelsey!

Linz @ Itz Linz October 26, 2012 at 6:26 am

haha this post made me laugh! we ate dinner on tuesday night at 7pm and i felt it was like midnight!

Christy October 26, 2012 at 6:27 am

I thought hipster was a type of underwear for women! Ha what do I know!

Emily @ www.main-eats.com October 26, 2012 at 6:35 am

Ha ha-great post! I usually eat dinner at 5…womp womp! I also heart Taylor Swift!
Have a GREAT weekend!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 26, 2012 at 6:38 am

Ha, I would have had to stop at 3.25 or 3.5. I’m CDO. It’s like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be. (okay, I admit… I saw that somewhere but got a chuckle out of it ;) )

lindsay October 26, 2012 at 6:41 am

don’t feel bad, i’ve been using hipster for a while and still did not know what it meant. LOL! I googled it.
you are one amazing teacher, and glad you found that validation yesterday.

Michelle@Peachy Palate October 26, 2012 at 6:41 am

Happy Friday! Dinner at 5.30 is perfect…plenty of room left for a nighttime snack! :)

Lauren October 26, 2012 at 7:08 am

Oh girl, I love you! And I love these posts. :) Have fun tonight and have a great weekend!! <3 you!

Kim@hungryhealthygirl October 26, 2012 at 7:26 am

Love Taylor Swift!!! Isn’t dinner at 5:30 totally normal? ;) have a fun weekend!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots October 26, 2012 at 7:31 am

I am glad I am not the only one who enjoys early bird special!

Danica @ It's Progression October 26, 2012 at 7:33 am

I always have to run at least to the nearest half mile if not to the full mile. I guess I’m a little crazy too because I would never be comfortable with stopping at anything.33! Great job, girl :)

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale October 26, 2012 at 8:18 am

Random tweet convos with fabulously cool ladies make my life better. No word of a lie — they put me in THE best mood.
I’m all about the repeating threes and factors of three — so your distance TOTALLY feeds my OCD. Also why I’m super tempted to congratulate you on ending your list at nine instead of ten. It makes my soul happy. ;)
T-Swift is amazing. I am Never, Ever going to get that song out of my head. But it’s okay because she’s so sweet and adorable that I’m sure I’m going to love her for ever, ever.

christina October 26, 2012 at 8:20 am

haha, I love today’s post. Your brain works like mine, I swear. LOVE #6 and I hope you get many more of those compliments over the course of this year. :) Happy weekend!

molly @ heart, sole & cereal October 26, 2012 at 8:44 am

agreed – being validated by parents is the best! i wish all parents would take a second to tell us if they think we’re doing well.

Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life October 26, 2012 at 8:45 am

I don’t think you can ever be too old to enjoy a little Taylor Swift! I was reading an article yesterday trying to decode who her songs were about and I’d the author is correct, it seems like the majority of them are about Jake Gyllenhaal! Just an FYI.. Ha ha! :)

Jess@atasteofconfidence October 26, 2012 at 9:34 am

I love Tay! And her new CD was the highlight of my week. :D

Natalie @ Free Range Human October 26, 2012 at 9:38 am

Apparently I’m getting old as well. Yesterday, I said some slang word to my 10th grade government class. A few of them had no idea what I was saying, and another girl piped up and said, “it’s kind of a ’90s thing.” ?!?!?!?!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 26, 2012 at 9:41 am

I’m slightly obsessed with Taylor Swift too. I listened to her CD on repeat yesterday as I cleaned, crafted, and did other random things around my apartment :) . It actually motivated me to get things done because I just wanted to keep listening to it over and over again!

Molly@This Life Is Sparkling October 26, 2012 at 9:54 am

I love how we commented right after each other. Too funny.

Amanda @ Romancing the Unusual October 26, 2012 at 9:42 am

I’m new to your blog but I wanted you to know that I’m 29 and totally geeked out over Taylor Swift’s new album! No shame! ;)

Molly@This Life Is Sparkling October 26, 2012 at 9:53 am

I’m probably one of the biggest T.Swift fans and my best friend and I went to Target at 8am on Monday just to get Taylor’s CD. Definitely worth it :) And I Knew You Were Trouble. is one of my FAVORITE songs off of Red. Perfect for running!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 26, 2012 at 10:05 am

I can’t stop the treadmill on goofy numbers. If I’m going for a certain time, it always has to be :00. If distance, it’s usually by .25′s. Dinner at 5:30, on the other hand, I can definitely do.

Rachel October 26, 2012 at 10:08 am

OBSESSED with Taylor’s new album!! And I’m 24 haha I downloaded it right away :D

Lisa October 26, 2012 at 10:19 am

Yay for 5:30 dinners! That’s about the latest I can handle them. I’m such a grandma…actually my grandma might even eat Dinner later than I do. I’m weird with cardio equipment too. I never stop at even numbers it always has to end in an odd number!

Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin October 26, 2012 at 10:21 am

Was seriously laughing out loud to some of these. I already memorize almost every song on Taylor Swift’s new CD since I listen to it (and only it) on my drive to and from work every day. Love. I’m 22, so it’s not too bad…but I also am insanely in love with Justin Bieber.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 26, 2012 at 11:42 am

It’s okay…I am almost 25 and I definitely rock out to Taylor Swift! ;) My mom also loves her and she is 56!

Sabrina Clever October 26, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Hi Chelsey– I’m relatively new to your blog, but I swear, you and I have so many similarities. I love reading your Friday fact posts and other posts regarding being a teacher who also loves fitness. Keep doing great stuff.. Enjoy your weekend.
-Sabrina

Gabi October 26, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I love your friday posts! I wish there were more fridays! Although each time you publish fun facts friday, I go like: WHAT? A whole week has gone? Where? How? Arghh!

Life's a Bowl October 26, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I taught last year and always cherished the times the parents had a compliment to share! Despite all the tough days, teaching is so rewarding- congrats on the positive feedback, wishing more your way throughout the rest of the year!

Life's a Bowl October 26, 2012 at 1:32 pm

P.S. I totally squealed like a 13-year-old girl when I remembered Red came out Monday [evidence on IG] haha :P

Amber K October 26, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I would end up eating two dinners if I ate that early lol. I am a 7-7:30 girl! And I am totally OCD about exercise machine numbers. Even though I know the calorie counts are off, I have to end on a round number. Not just even, but round. 176 has to turn into 200 before I can hop off. Yes, I am insane.

Annette@FitnessPerks October 26, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Haha. Totally love this. I actually can’t ‘do uneven numbers’. Like it’s tough. I have a hard time getting on a ski lift if it has an odd number on it….weird o.

Have fun tonight!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 26, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Ok, don’t feel bad… even my HUSBAND loves “I Knew you Were Trouble” lol!!

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily October 26, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Dinner time is always 5:30, we are going to a halloween dinner party tonight and it’s not until 7. Not good…I’m STARVING right now!!!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 26, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Haha I love early dinners too. If I eat too late I have to eat so many afternoon snacks to tide me over until I eat!

Have a great weekend!

lindsay @ fuel my family October 26, 2012 at 9:10 pm

We always eat at like 530 as well, sometimes i barely make it to 5 pm. Although that makes going out to eat easy since no one else is out for dinner yet at that time. its jsut getting crowded when we are finished and leaving.

Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 27, 2012 at 6:03 am

I know what you mean about running. I’ve run 2 half-marathons in the past year, but when I ran a 5k a month ago, I thought THAT was a huge challenge!

Lauren October 29, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I think that same thing every time I run 3 miles and feel like it might kill me :)