the weekend that flew

November 19, 2012

This weekend just absolutely flew by. Last night as I was sitting down after dinner, I couldn’t even believe I had to wake up in the morning to go to work. You know what they say – time flies when you’re having fun!

Friday

November 18, 2012 004

Waiting in line for Breaking Dawn Part II. My mom, bestie, and I arrived almost an hour before the movie started (we had already bought our tickets), and this is what we were greeted with. Thankfully my cousin had arrived a half hour before use and she saved us seats. Thanks Melissa! I owe you a babysitting day! :) LOVED this movie. Okay, that’s a lie. I loved the last half hour. The first hour and twenty minutes were just okay.

Saturday

Saturday was jam packed! I picked Lauren up from her hotel early Saturday morning because we had a brunch date with Kathleen. We went to one of mine and Kathleen’s favorite brunch spots, Prasino. I’ve never had a bad meal there. I ended up getting the Hippie Omelet, which was filled with goat cheese, basil, and spinach. It was topped with tomato jam. On the side I had some breakfast potatoes and homemade gluten free bread. Breakfast of champions!

November 18, 2012 007 November 18, 2012 008

The three of us had fun chatting during breakfast, and I’m so glad I was able to see Kathleen one more time before she pops out baby Jack! Only a few more weeks until she gets to meet that little guy.

After brunch Lauren and I had plans to explore the city since she had really never been to the city. We went to the Bean at Millennium Park and walked down Michigan Avenue. After we explored Water Tower Place, we walked over to Navy Pier.

The two of us had the best time with one another. Honestly. People always think it’s weird to hang out with someone you’ve “never met” before, but I’ve been friends with her for such a long time – not to mention we are honestly the same person but just in different cities.

November 18, 2012 026

It was a gorgeous day in Chicago so we really lucked out. The temperature was in the fifties, and the sun was shining. Neither one of us could believe how beautiful it was outside. After we went to Navy Pier we went in search of a Starbuck’s where we could sit down and rest our legs and chat for a while since it was only about 2:00 and we didn’t have a dinner reservation until 7:00.

You better believe we took advantage of that 2 for 1 holiday beverage deal! We both ordered peppermint mochas – iced for me, hot for her!

November 18, 2012 010

And then we proceeded to gab our faces off for another two hours sitting in Starbuck’s. We talked for 12 hours straight. I wish I were joking, but there was never a time when one of us wasn’t speaking.

After walking around a bit more, we went out for drinks and then dinner (which I’ll talk about tomorrow), and then we headed back to my house for the night.

Sunday

Sadly after church this morning, I had to bring Lauren to the airport. It was a short lived trip together, and I can’t wait to hang out with her again. She is a super sweet houseguest and brought us some chocolate from Hershey!

November 18, 2012 022

Thankfully I have something to remember her by as she left her coat in my car ( ;) I’ll be mailing that to you soon, Laur!).

After dropping her off, I went grocery shopping to load up for the week. We didn’t really need too many things, especially with my having parent teacher conferences this week (I’ll be living at school) and the upcoming holiday. I did get a bag of cranberries though! I’m so excited to use them in my oats!

November 18, 2012 023

After I sorted out the groceries, I laid down to read a new book. It didn’t last very long though as I fell asleep pretty quickly! I needed a nap and ended up sleeping for over two hours. Whoops!

November 18, 2012 025
The rest of the day was spent taking Charlie on a walk, prepping things for this week, and relaxing with the Husband.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Question: What was the best thing you did this weekend?

My answer? Going out to dinner on Saturday night. Holy cow was it delicious!!!!

Amber K November 19, 2012 at 6:21 am

I love having fun times on the weekends, I just wish they lasted longer! I think my favorite part was making a good friend sit through Grease 2 with me after we watched last week’s Glee. She had never seen it and I am the only person in the entire world that actually enjoys it lol. She said it was alright, but agrees with me that it will never be on the same level as the original.

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 19, 2012 at 6:22 am

Lauren is so sweet! I think YOU should make a trip out to PA now! :-)

katie November 19, 2012 at 6:32 am

So glad you had a fab weekend! SO nice you did get to hang out with Lauren! She is so sweet!

Happy Monday! <3

Lindsay's List November 19, 2012 at 6:32 am

I don’t think I ever said thank you for mentioning me in your last post – thank you for that! I felt your prayers.
And I totally felt the same way about BD – that CGI baby was CREEEEPY, right??

cleaneatingchelsey November 20, 2012 at 7:25 am

You are more than welcome – and yes, the baby was creepy!!!

sadie November 19, 2012 at 6:35 am

Hershey…the sweetest place on earth :)

When you use fresh cranberries in your oats what else do you add?

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale November 19, 2012 at 6:35 am

The best thing I did would have to be a toss up between getting a pumpkin and chocolate chip gourmet cupcake with my boyfriend and hot yoga followed by THE best brunch ever with one of my BFFs — I honestly can’t decide!!
Your brunch looked great — I love homemade restaurant GF bread. It’s honestly some of the best bread I’ve ever tasted, GF or Gful types alike!
I also loved that you got together with a previously un-met blend. I have SO MANY I want to visit with it’s unbelievable!! :D

Linz @ Itz Linz November 19, 2012 at 6:52 am

I’m not gonna lie… I’ve never used fresh cranberries before! Do you pop them in your oatmeal, or do you do something to them first? I like cranberries, I’ve just never made them! Best thing I did this weekend? Going to an early dinner with my hubs and brother on Saturday night, being home and in bed (no joke) by 7 to watch a movie then fall asleep super early!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 19, 2012 at 6:53 am

Sounds like a fun weekend!! We had a great weekend, too. We went down to Gainesville (where I went to college) and went to a Gator game. And then we got sushi at my FAVORITE sushi restaurant ever! It was such a good weekend, but over way too quickly!

Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 19, 2012 at 7:01 am

GAH! Such a perfect sounding weekend. I love Lauren. And you too, of course. :)

Leah @ Chocolate and Wild Air November 19, 2012 at 7:03 am

That brunch sounds AWESOME – yum!!! The best thing I did this weekend was have a game night with my friends on Saturday night. Battle of the Sexes – girls won!

alyssa - life a la wife November 19, 2012 at 7:08 am

I heard the ending to the movie was great! Even though I’ve never been into the twilight movies it makes me interested to see what everyone is talking about!

Angela @ Health's Angel November 19, 2012 at 7:10 am

On Saturday, my friend and I had a cozy night in and did a Twilight movie marathon. It made me so excited to see Breaking Dawn II… :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 19, 2012 at 7:37 am

Homemade gluten free bread?!? Seriously, where was my invite?!?! I need to go there!!!

Lindsey November 19, 2012 at 7:49 am

I loved those last 30 mins as well!!

Beks November 19, 2012 at 7:59 am

That sounds like a lovely weekend! I had a doubly good weekend. Started early on Thursday night with Breaking Dawn 2 (You’re right. The build up was so-so, but the last half hour was good! I ALMOST left the theater traumatized because of that twist! LOL), then Saturday night was spent watching my cousin in Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast.” He played the Beast and did a wonderful job. So proud of him!

Good weekends seem so few and far between because I spend so much of my time working. Makes me sad.

Michelle@Peachy Palate November 19, 2012 at 8:13 am

Looks like a good weekend! You should keep her coat so she has to come visit you!!! :)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 19, 2012 at 8:23 am

Glad you gals had such a great weekend! Adding cranberries to my oats is an excellent idea… Definitely doing that tomorrow!

Melissa Costalunga November 19, 2012 at 8:23 am

ahahah glad I could save you a seat! I will take you up on watching Mia :)

kim@hungryhealthygirl November 19, 2012 at 8:30 am

So neat to hang out with someone that you just click with!! Best part of my weekend was having one of my Thanksgiving celebrations yesterday and I agree with you, where did the weekend go!?!?!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 19, 2012 at 9:06 am

That breakfast looks fabulous!

Isn’t it amazing how blogging can connect people with similar interests/personalities? I know they say that the world has become too “technology-oriented” and that people are on their computers too often, but without it, we wouldn’t meet such great people!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 19, 2012 at 9:18 am

I always thought it would be weird to finally meet someone that you’ve ‘never met’ before, too, but that’s totally not the case. I think I’m closer to some of the girls that I’ve met through blogging than I am to some of my friends around here…

christina November 19, 2012 at 9:22 am

I HAVE TO KNOW. Did you cry at the end of the movie? I cried during when they showed the flashbacks between Bella & Edward. Gahhh I’m a sap…for vampires. what the heck!!

Nicole@ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com November 19, 2012 at 10:14 am

My favorite part of the weekend was going to dinner on Saturday night.
I can’t wait to see the last Twilight movie! We usually wait a few weeks until the crowds die down until we go see those.

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona November 19, 2012 at 10:26 am

It must have been fun to have someone visit for the weekend.

My favorite part of the weekend was our date night on Friday with the boyfriend.

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola November 19, 2012 at 12:42 pm

It looks like you had such a wonderful weekend! How fun that your blogger friend came to visit and it sounds like you ladies had such a wonderful time together! First of all, a brunch place that has gluten free bread?? Be still my heart! How amazing! And sounds like the rest of the day was great too- can’t wait to hear about dinner! The most delicious thing I ate this weekend was some GF pizza on Sat night with soy cheese- I’ve been ordering my pizza without cheese because I was a little scared of the soy stuff, but it was delicious! I couldn’t tell the difference!

Heather @ For the Love of Kale November 19, 2012 at 1:42 pm

What an awesome weekend, Chelsey! Love Lauren. She is such a sweetheart. Glad you both had a blast together. :-)

Megan November 19, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I love love love Prasino! I’ve only been to the one in LaGrange though. Best part of my weeked was getting Chipotle for dinner on Sunday so I could relax on the couch after preping for the week!

Natalie @ Free Range Human November 19, 2012 at 2:23 pm

An early Thanksgiving dinner-it was wonderful! Chelsey, has anyone ever told you that you look like Julia Stiles?? I just really noticed it in the above picture!

Lisa November 19, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Looks like such a fun weekend! I feel like I have more to talk about to bloggers than my real life friends sometimes ha ha. I wish there were more bloggers in my area! Actually, I don’t know if there are any. Oh, I got to pick up some cranberries next time!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 19, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I was just in Chicago last week – it’s a gorgeous city! I was tempted to see Breaking Dawn when I got home but if that’s what all the threatres looked like, I’m pretty glad I didn’t!

Lauren November 19, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Can I just say that I cried myself to sleep last night partly because I was reliving our epic meal over and over and partly because I miss you and your amazing city so much! I can’t even handle how amazing this weekend was. :)

kathleen @ the daily crumb November 19, 2012 at 6:38 pm

ok, i vote for a repeat trip to chicago and a repeat trip to girl & the goat when i am not 9 months pregnant and promise to be way more fun!!!

Lauren November 19, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Done!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 19, 2012 at 5:26 pm

It’s so awesome when you finally get to meet blog friends in person – it’s always so easy and natural! It sounds like you two had fun together. I can’t wait to read about your fabulous dinner on Saturday. :D

The best thing I did this weekend was go out for sushi with two of my friends, which turned into 2.5 hours of much needed girl talk!

Verenique B November 19, 2012 at 7:21 pm

best thing i did this weekend, spend time with my family! :)
so i just bought a bag of fresh cranberries also, and tried in oatmeal, but was kinda bland, any ideas on how to dress it up??? how do you use freshcranberries in oatmeal or what other ideas do you have for them?
Vere’nique

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food November 19, 2012 at 9:48 pm

That omelet sounds delicious! :)

Anna @ The Guiltless Life November 19, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I love fun weekends that just fly by – mine was the same! I’d done so much by the time Saturday night came that I thought it must be Sunday, but then realized I had a whole other day of fun lined up! Awesome times. Glad you liked the movie – part of me IS tempted to go see it…

Emma @ Barefoot Baker November 20, 2012 at 1:14 am

Looks like a great weekend!! I love the idea of adding cranberries to oats, I hadn’t thought of that! This weekend I had initiation and then an after party, it was exciting!