just an ordinary day

November 28, 2012

What a day, what a day! Okay, it really wasn’t – but I had nothing else to start with. It was just an ordinary day.

Since it’s Wednesday and I’m late to the game, let’s get to it. Thanks to Jenn for hosting our What I ate Wednesday fun!

Peas and Crayons

Breakfast – 6:00 AM

November 28, 2012 005

Out with the pumpkin, in with the chocolate! (for the most part)

1/2 cup oats
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1/2 banana
1 cup water, 1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
peanut buttah

Aaaand, on my way to school, I couldn’t help myself.

November 28, 2012 006

Lunch 11:15 AM

wiaw3

leftover chickpea dish (recipe coming soon!)
strawberry banana chobani

and a few handfuls of mixed nuts (cashews are the BEST!)

Snack – 2:30 PM

I snacked on a banana while the kids were silent reading.

When I got home, I leashed up Charlie and went for a run with him. For the past few weeks I’ve been wondering just how I used to be able to run such long distances before when it’s hard to just run 3-4 miles now! I figured it out… Charlie used to be my secret weapon. He’s probably the best running partner out there. I used to bring him with for the first 3-4 miles and then drop him back off at home to continue on my way. I forgot that he gets upset when I stop running and starts pulling on me and licking me to make me go faster. I felt like I could run forever today! Apparently I just needed some Charlie love.

Dinner – 6:00 PM

wiaw4

Snack time will be coming up later – that run made me hungry!

Question: What’s your favorite breakfast right now?

Lisa November 28, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Yum, roasted squash is by far my favorite thing for Dinner!! It’s just the greatest. Yah, I can’t pull away from my Starbucks addiction. I’m just going to roll with it for now. The holiday cups make it hard to avoid. Breakfast for me has been oat bran, pumpkin, chia seeds, egg whites, and nut butter. Yum!

Amanda November 28, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I am so glad I came across your blog. It is my new favorite! Can’t wait to try some of these things you are eating. Really curious about the chickpea salad recipe.

cleaneatingchelsey November 28, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Thanks Amanda! :)

Kristen @ Enjoy This Organic Life November 28, 2012 at 7:19 pm

The oats look delish! I totally need to get back on that bandwagon.. it has been years! My favorite breakfast is 32 ounces of green juice, fresh fruit, & chai tea or coffee. I love mornings!

chelcie @ chelcie's food files November 28, 2012 at 7:22 pm

i love taking my golden retriever running with me..he helps make me go faster! Now I just need to teach him to pull me up the hills!

Hilary November 28, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Some sample reasons I love you and your blog: We share the same obsession with A) Starbucks and B) cashews….(this is, of course, among many other reasons!) Side note- I started ordering black coffee with a shot of pumpkin spice thanks to you!! It saved me cals and moolah…. Have a fantastic rest of the week! My red cup tomorrow is dedicated to you :)

cleaneatingchelsey November 28, 2012 at 7:33 pm

We could be for real best friends. ;)

Katie H. November 28, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Not to crash your BFF party, but I, too, order coffee with a shot of pumpkin spice. AND I am obsessed with cashews. I tend to pick them out of the mixed nuts jar until we’re left with only the almonds and hazelnuts. (My hubby doesn’t really like that…)

cleaneatingchelsey November 28, 2012 at 8:38 pm

uuuuum we can all be BFF’s.

Devon @ Health in Equilibrium November 28, 2012 at 7:53 pm

So much yum in this post! Buttercup squash is totally my favourite, dark chocolate = perfection, and I also recently discovered stirring peanut butter into oats. I love just eating away and getting those peanuty globs every few bites. Mmm…

cleaneatingchelsey November 28, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Isn’t it the best? I try to save it all for the end!!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 28, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I -wish- oats could still be my favorite breakfast, but we’re kind of taking a break right now. I guess I shouldn’t complain, though, because I kind of have a big crush on my yogurt and cereal messes…

cleaneatingchelsey November 28, 2012 at 8:38 pm

They do look quite delicious!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 28, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I just tried that strawberry banana Chobani for the first time last night, it’s tasty stuff! Now I’m thinking I should have oats tomorrow…with cocoa powder. Can’t go wrong with chocolate anything!

cleaneatingchelsey November 28, 2012 at 8:38 pm

My thinking exactly.

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 28, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Strawberry-banana Cho is my fav!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 28, 2012 at 8:27 pm

I absolutely adore chickpeas, so I cannot wait to see that recipe!

Madi @ Run Sunshine November 28, 2012 at 9:09 pm

This all looks yummy!

I posted about my new favorite breakfast today…Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancake…Long name but SO yummy and easy to make!

Madi @ She Cooks Skinny November 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Ooops…that was the old blog… this is the new one! :)

cleaneatingchelsey November 29, 2012 at 6:03 am

:) Thanks!

Catherine November 28, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Happy WIAW! I’m new to your blog and love it–and I love cashews and tend to eat them first from the mixed nuts. My favorite breakfast right now is what I eat nearly every day: some variation of oatmeal. I changed it up today, but I can’t stay away for long–and I’m still on a pumpkin oat kick.

cleaneatingchelsey November 29, 2012 at 6:03 am

Yeah it’s hard to stray away from oats! (unless you’re eating pancakes!)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 28, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Agreed – cashews are the best! Love those things. I’ve been loving egg, cheese, and turkey bacon sandwiches for breakfast lately!

cleaneatingchelsey November 29, 2012 at 6:03 am

That sounds good! (minus the bacon for me ;) )

Katie November 28, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I love the lipstick on your red starbucks cup. Made me smile.

Happy mid-week, friend! xoxo

cleaneatingchelsey November 29, 2012 at 6:02 am

:) I liked it too

Michelle@Peachy Palate November 29, 2012 at 2:34 am

Roasted squash, simply nothing better that someone could give me for dinner!

Linz @ Itz Linz November 29, 2012 at 6:48 am

Eggs. I’ve totally been into eggs lately. Scrambled, with veggies, eggwhites, in a tortilla, you name it!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 29, 2012 at 7:13 am

I haven’t made chocolate oatmeal in forever! I always forget how much I like it until I actually make it. Lately my favourite breakfast has banana egg white oatmeal with berries, granola and soy nut butter.

Danica @ It's Progression November 29, 2012 at 7:21 am

I really need to try this egg on a salad thing….
My favorite breakfast right now is overnight pumpkin oats. Apparently I’m one of the very few people left who is still loving pumpkin :)

Christina November 29, 2012 at 8:43 am

Nom nom nom!

Alexis @ Hummusapien November 29, 2012 at 8:46 am

Mmmmm I love ending the day with dark chocolate! My last favorite has been Dove dark–I don’t hate the cute little messages under each wrapper either :) My favorite breakfast lately has been oats topped with eggs and hot sauce! I’m riding the savory breakfast train.

natalie @ southern fit foodie November 29, 2012 at 9:30 am

There’s nothing like some love and encouragement from your dog! It makes everything better!

That roasted squash and salad are calling to me….

Lately I’ve been sleeping WAY too late and grabbing a KIND bar on the way out the door – I miss my oats and must be better about getting them in next week!

Rachel November 29, 2012 at 9:38 am

I’ve never heard of a buttercup squash… sounds good! Lately I’ve been just having green smoothies… so easy lol

Emily @ Emily Eats and Runs November 29, 2012 at 9:50 am

I’m still into pumpkin these days! My favorite breakfast is whole-wheat pumpkin pancakes! (On the weekends, I’ll also have some brown-sugar glazed bacon on the side.)

Katie @ peacebeme November 29, 2012 at 12:07 pm

I am loving simple omelets lately, just organic cage-free eggs (which I swear taste better than conventional eggs!), cheese, and spinach. I do not get the oatmeal thing – I think oatmeal is the most over-rated thing ever! I do LOVE cashews though!

Aline November 29, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Oatmeal :) I never had tried oatmeal until two months ago, and now I’m totally obssessed. So far, I’ve tried at least 20 different recipes, but the number one was the Creamy Pear & Swiss Cheese Honey Oatmeal.. WOW that bowl makes me happy!

Angela @ Beauty in Strength November 29, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I’ve been on a Banana Bread Oats kick! It’s probably been my breakfast every morning for a couple weeks now. Can’t wait for the chickpea recipe!

Alisha November 29, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Lately all I’ve wanted for breakfast is eggs with a tortilla!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 29, 2012 at 5:55 pm

My favorite breakfast is always whole-wheat toast, topped with peanut butter and banana. It’s funny because I couldn’t eat it during my first trimester, but now I’m loving it again! Who knows when I’ll get sick of it! ;)

Verenique B November 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm

my fav bfast kick now is oatmeal! cooked on stove, baked, or overnight oats! :) i try to get creative so im not eating same thing over and over, need to search for some new ideas hit a creative wall :(

kaity @ kaityscooking November 29, 2012 at 6:27 pm

i made this oatmeal this am bc i forgot how much i like chocolate oatmeal! i just used dark chocolate pb for an extra punch, thanks!

cleaneatingchelsey December 2, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Yuuum!!!

Sara @ fitcupcaker November 29, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Right now I am loving oatmeal. The last few days I have made blueberry or pumpkin! I had to use the rest of my pumpkin, couldn’t waste! I need to try overnight oats! Ill have to try chocolate oatmeal, yum1

Andrea November 29, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Love you blog!! Didn’t realize you were also a teacher! What grade do you teach? How do you find time to run this amazing blog and work full time? I am just starting out and struggling with learning the basics of everything.

cleaneatingchelsey November 29, 2012 at 8:43 pm

:) I started it during a summer break when I had more time to figure everything out!I teach 5th grade.

Sophie @ threetimesf December 1, 2012 at 4:42 am

Pancakes! Not just now, but always!