12-12-12

December 12, 2012

I was thinking about something this morning. During your work week, are you the kind of person that says “uuuggggh it’s only Wednesday?” or are you the kind of person that says, “Oh my goodness, I can’t believe it’s Wednesday!”. I’m definitely the latter, and I think it has a lot to do with my mood throughout the week. I feel like the week goes by faster, I have a better outlook at work, and I’m a much more cheerful person around those kids because of it. Just some food for thought.

Look at this, it’s another Wednesday. Where is the week going? ;)

Not to mention it’s 12-12-12!!! Woohooooooo!

What I Ate Wednesday Healthy Holiday Recipes

Breakfast – 6:00 AM

December 5, 2012 006

Breakfast was the same thing as last week – chocolate oats, cranberry sauce, and peanut butter! It’s quite a delicious combination, you should definitely try it out!

Lunch – 11:15 AM

image

Um yeah – so that’s my lunch. A salad with hummus, a vanilla greek yogurt, and a few clementines.

December 12, 2012 001

And maybe a handful of m&m’s after lunch – darn that m&m machine in my co-worker’s classroom!

Snack – 3:45 PM

I grabbed a kind bar after school and was too hungry to take a picture. I’m sorry.

Dinner – 6:00 PM

wiaw6
These two ingredients were involved… it was Mexican night over here!

I haven’t had a Mexican night at home for such a long time. It’s typically a weekly staple around here, so I’ve been missing it.

December 12, 2012 006

I made a mock Chipotle bowl with rice, beans, fajita veggies, salsa, guacamole, and lettuce. These bowls are quite possibly my favorite thing ever. A little prep work, but it goes a long way!

After dinner dessert – a chocolate the size of the Husband’s head! I love to play games, which is why I love FoxyBingo.com so much. He’s going to probably not laugh at this picture!

December 12, 2012 007
Bahaha – I know, lame.

We had a conversation while doing the dishes that had me laughing out loud. John seems to believe I have enough chocolate to last us through a famine in our pantry and freezer. What can I say? I’m a chocoholic, and I’m okay with it. (ps – did you know that spell check allows chocoholic as a real word?)

And for a snack tonight, I’m not quite sure. I’m a little bit full from my dinner, but I did have a special delivery today…

December 12, 2012 002

Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 12, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Your breakfast is so pretty and festive looking! I need some cranberry sauce to add to my oats. I was cracking up at the picture of the chocolate and your husband – I would totally do something like that haha

cleaneatingchelsey December 16, 2012 at 7:55 am

:) I’m a trickster!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 12, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Your lunch looks awesome. ;)

margo December 12, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Hi Chelsey, I have recently needed to cut out wheat/gluten and I was wondering how you eat oatmeal if you can’t have gluten. I think I read that oatmeal is “contaminated” with it, but I am getting conflicting info. Just wanted to know what your take on it was! thanks!

cleaneatingchelsey December 12, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Hi Margo! You are absolutely right about some oats. Oats themselves are gluten free, but sometimes the way they are processed they get contaminated. I buy certified gluten free oats from Trader Joe’s. I know Whole Foods and some other grocery chains carry them as well! :)

margo December 12, 2012 at 7:49 pm

thank you for the tip! we just got a trader joe’s so i will be going there soon for my beloved oats! the gluten free world can be hard to navigate :)

cleaneatingchelsey December 12, 2012 at 7:50 pm

It certainly can! Good luck!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 12, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I’ve gotta say, your lunch is lookin’ mouthwateringly good ;) And having enough chocolate to last through a famine is one of the most fundamental survival strategies… everyone knows this.

cleaneatingchelsey December 12, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I know. If the world is going to end in 9 days, I need to be prepared. Bahaha.

Missy December 12, 2012 at 7:50 pm

12.12.12 AND 12 days until CHRISTMAS!

I always giggle when you do the hand drawn lunches and also I as well as two of my friends have been on refried bean kicks of late. I firmly believe that I am incapable of making them myself…they just have to be from the can. I douse mine in Taco Bell restaurant sauce sold in stores. Because I eat clean …sometimes and other times? I eat what I want. )

cleaneatingchelsey December 12, 2012 at 7:51 pm

I love them from the can. I will never ever try to recreate it myself!

AAAAND 23 days until Christmas? woohooo!!!!

cleaneatingchelsey December 12, 2012 at 7:51 pm

lol that’s supposed to say 12.

Nelly December 12, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I just made a mock chipolte salad bowl for dinner too! SOO good!!!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats December 12, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I NEED to try those refried beans!!!!

cleaneatingchelsey December 16, 2012 at 7:56 am

YES you do!!!!

Stacy Wilson December 12, 2012 at 8:11 pm

i love your paint salad!!! and i totally ate two clementines at whole foods in the parking lot with my 3 year old today too! lol

i want holiday oats, definitely on my next shopping list :)

Danica @ It's Progression December 12, 2012 at 8:14 pm

a love drop…how can you not dip into that?! ;)
p.s. there’s no such thing as having too much chocolate.

cleaneatingchelsey December 16, 2012 at 7:56 am

I agree!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 12, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Your breakfast looks sooo good! I really need to make an effort to get up a few minutes earlier so I can enjoy hot oats instead of overnight oats all the time! Or… I could just microwave my overnight oats. lol

Angela @ Beauty in Strength December 12, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I’ve had cranberry, and I’ve had chocolate, but I have never combined them. That looks like a delicious combination!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 12, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Your drawings of your food absolutely crack me up!! ;)

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal December 13, 2012 at 12:07 am

MorRe people seem to be into the fact it was 12-12-12 than last year for 11-11-11. Strange. Haha your drawn picture cracked me up. You’re funny :) I do like the package you got quite a lot too. Love (pun intended… Ok that was lame) love grown

cleaneatingchelsey December 13, 2012 at 6:02 am

Maybe because we know it’s the last time it’ll happen for a looooong time!

Emilia December 13, 2012 at 4:30 am

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That is my reaction to chocolate oats with peanut butter and cranberry sauce. Why don’t cranberries exist outside of america? No matter, I’ll be home on Monday and eating that for breakfast on Tuesday. I’m always inspired for new eats after reading your WIAW post! :)

cleaneatingchelsey December 16, 2012 at 7:57 am

Whaaaaaat?!?! How can they not exist outside of the US?

Linz @ Itz Linz December 13, 2012 at 5:13 am

your lunch picture cracks me up!!

Tina @ Best Body Fitness December 13, 2012 at 6:42 am

I got a love drop too this week! Always love those!!!!

Becky Przy December 13, 2012 at 7:06 am

Your picture of your lunch is hilarious! Thanks for the morning laugh.

cleaneatingchelsey December 16, 2012 at 7:57 am

Always a pleasure! :)

Angela @ Health's Angel December 13, 2012 at 7:08 am

Those oats look good enough to be dessert! Also, I’m glad that technology recognizes that being a chocoholic is a real thing ;) I’m right there with you!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 13, 2012 at 7:25 am

Having a good supply of chocolate at home is a necessity! You never know when those intense cravings are going to hit. ;)

sara @ fircupcaker December 13, 2012 at 9:16 am

I am totally a chocoholic!! What is love drop?

cleaneatingchelsey December 16, 2012 at 7:57 am

I’m a love grown ambassador, and we get “love drops” (aka a delivery of granola) four times a year! :)

Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 13, 2012 at 9:32 am

A mock Chipotle bowl for dinner sounds absolutely delicious, what a great idea! And as far as having chocolate in the house, me and my roommate keep a bag of chocolate chips in the freezer for “emergencies”. It’s the only food we share together, and it needs to be replaced pretty often! haha

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 13, 2012 at 9:44 am

The way I view my work week usually depends on how my week is going so far. If it’s a pretty uneventful and overall good week, then it usually flies right by. If everyday is stressful and long, it’s harder for me to be excited about how quickly the week has gone by so far. We need a Mexican night in our house pronto… Your mock Chipotle bowl is making me drool!

Rachel December 13, 2012 at 9:56 am

hahaha omg I love your drawing lol very creative :) basically the same thing I had for lunch haha

Sara @ The Foodie Diaries December 13, 2012 at 10:05 am

I had a mock Chipotle dinner this week for my WIAW too! Great minds think alike ;) And I don’t know how you do it, but your oats always look so delicious whereas mine just look like mush.

Natalie @ Free Range Human December 13, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I’m so jealous of your love drop! It’s my favorite!

Kate quartercenturysouthernliving.wordpress.com December 13, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Just found your blog & love it-The breakfast looks amazing!!

Devon @ Health in Equilibrium December 13, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Fellow chocoholic here! And salse, refried beans and guac are the best combo!! Sometimes, I just layer the 3 and take it to potlucks with tortilla chips. It’s so easy

Stephanie @ My Freckled Life December 13, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Bahaha, the picture of your lunch cracks me up! That burrito bowl looks so good though! Mexican nights are definitely a staple in my house, though. They are hands down my favorite!

Andrea @Pencils and Pancakes December 13, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I was just thinking about this being optimistic thing… I am always optimistic and trying to find good things in my day and week and not just focus on getting through the week to get to the weekend. I’d like to enjoy each day and look forward to it for different reasons. It’s so easy to get sucked into negativity once you get to work though..it seems like everyone in a bad mood and just wanted to bring you down. I try my best to ignore it and be happy while focusing on the good things.

cleaneatingchelsey December 13, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Totally agree! I’m super thankful though to work with an awesome group of ladies that I laugh with ALLLLLLL day long. Seriously, there is never a dull moment – especially while corralling 75 fifth graders. ;)

Amber K December 13, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Taco/burrito bowls are the best and easiest meal to make. Definitely a staple in my house. Love it!

Heather December 13, 2012 at 9:43 pm

yum that oatmeal looks delish! do you use chocolate protein powder?

cleaneatingchelsey December 14, 2012 at 6:08 am

Nope, just 1 tbsp. of cocoa powder!