weekend at a glance

December 17, 2012

PicMonkey Collage1top: handmade black bean burger from Wildfire
bottom: balsamic roasted veggies from Wildfire

PicMonkey Collage2
top left: obsessed with my new Michael Kors pumps I got for practically  nothing at Macy’s!
top right: nails – I went with something a little different than I said I was going to on Friday.
bottom: all dressed up for the wedding! (ps – doesn’t the Husband look thrilled to be with me? ;) )

PicMonkey Collage3
siblings! My sister and me on the left, and all three of us on the right.

PicMonkey Collage4

top left: stocked up on some pantry essentials
top right: veggielicious dinner
bottom: expert christmas wrapping

I’ve got to be real with you all right now. I feel horrible blogging about my normal weekend. I am sad that I got to hear the news all weekend but then was able to just go about my every day life. I just feel guilty – especially after reading Jenny’s post last night. My heart is still breaking for everyone in Newtown.

While we continue to go about our daily lives, say a prayer of thanks that you are able to continue living those trivial days without much else going on. Be thankful for a lazy night on the couch with your family. Be thankful this holiday season when so many others are hurting. And most of all, learn the names of those who have perished – the sweet, innocent children as well as the heroic adults who saved the lives of so many. In the days that pass, the shock these families are feeling will need your prayers more than ever.

katie December 17, 2012 at 6:20 am

Saying prayers and left with a sad heart every day when seeing a pic on the internet or on the news <3

Glad you had a good weekend and the nails look so pretty, as do you! <3

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 17, 2012 at 6:29 am

I know how you feel. I’m still so sad and shocked. I’m starting a new job in an elementary school today, and while I should be excited, I’m just not. It’s going to be a weird week.

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 17, 2012 at 6:32 am

I adore your nails – that’s so pretty!

Lauren December 17, 2012 at 7:03 am

One…how in God’s good name did I miss that black bean burger from Wildfire. I need to go back. Two. You looked hot, like super hot, for that wedding. Three, I adore your nails. Four, I had no idea you had a sister!!! 5. I love you and I don’t think you should feel bad about blogging. I felt the same way yesterday, but it’s true that life does have to go on. We can just continue to remember, feel sadness, and pray. :)

Angela @ Health's Angel December 17, 2012 at 7:17 am

You ended your post in the best way possible. Best of luck with your kids this week. Also, those nails look great!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 17, 2012 at 8:21 am

I know how you feel – I wasn’t sure if I should do a normal post or not today but I decided to go ahead with it. It’s hard to go on with our normal days but there’s nothing I can do but pray for their families.

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 17, 2012 at 8:50 am

You look gorgeous Chels! Looks like you guys had a nice weekend. I’m loving those pumps too!

And yes, yes, yes to everything you said about the shooting in Newtown. We need to never take the time we have with our loved ones for granted.

kaity @ kaityscooking December 17, 2012 at 9:06 am

you ended your post great cant help but to just keep praying i cant wrap my head around any of this..

your nails look great and those shoes are hot!

Lisa December 17, 2012 at 10:14 am

You look SO beautiful Chelsey! I love seeing your face on the blog more:) And those nails are awesome! I love festive nails too much right now. Ah yes to everything you said about Newtown. Heartbreaking doesn’t even begin to describe the events. Especially for you being a teacher, it must hit close to home as well. We need to hug and and tell everyone how much we love and appreciate them.

christina December 17, 2012 at 10:31 am

love the pumps!

Devon @ Health in Equilibrium December 17, 2012 at 11:47 am

Those shoes are incredible! I am a shoe FIEND and I just drooled a little, haha

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal December 17, 2012 at 11:57 am

Oh em gee, I must go to Wildfire, your dinner pics just got me sold :)

Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 17, 2012 at 12:13 pm

What happened in Newport absolutely breaks my heart. I was in Vegas when I found out, and I seriously didn’t know how to react to the news. On the one hand I feel so incredibly blessed for all of the good things in my life, but on the other hand, I feel so guilty for being happy when there’s so much suffering going on in other parts of the word :?

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 17, 2012 at 5:06 pm

What happened in Newtown is so devastating – I still can’t even believe it happened. My heart goes out to all the people in that town. <3

On a different note though, I absolutely love your dress. The lace on it is gorgeous!

alyssa - life a la wife December 17, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I love your nails! The woman at my shop wouldnt understand if i explained that!

I still get sick everyday watching the news. I just cannot imagine.

Allison@commitcomplete December 17, 2012 at 8:28 pm

I imagine it must have been a hard day for you as a teacher. I know I nearly burst into tears a few times looking at my second graders’ faces.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 18, 2012 at 9:11 am

Loving the fingernails! So pretty and festive!

Miranda @ Biting Life December 20, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Love those nails! I’ve always wanted to do a glitter French manicure… so cute!