25 days of christmas – part ii

December 18, 2012

Round two of 25 Days of Christmas Blogging starts now! This is such a fun way to share about my traditions and memories of Christmas – great job on the challenge, Jenny!

8. Post a picture of Christmas decor – Easy! I looooooove to decorate. Most of all, I love my tree! I was so happy the first year we were married and the Husband let me splurge on some fancy decorations for our tree. We even went shopping for it all together! (big step there)

christmas decorating 2
December 6, 2012 004 (please excuse my feet)

9. Easiest person to buy for? Probably my mom or my sister. I know both like the back of my hand, so they’re usually the easiest to buy for. They both love clothes, and I know their style (makes a huge difference). My mom is also a book lover, and my sister really just appreciates any present. Easy as pie!

10. Favorite Holiday Scent – Can we talk about my LEAST favorite scent first? Let’s talk evergreens. Ugh, I hate the smell of them. I’m so sorry if you want to de-friend me right now. The smell gives me an instant headache that won’t go away for hours unless I get the heck away from it. ::end rant:: I do love anything that smells like cranberries or sweet smelling things – which is why I love my new candle (okay, it’s like a month old) from Bath and Body Works, ‘Tis the Season!

11. Favorite Christmas Traditions – I can’t decide, so you’re getting a list!

• Cinnamon rolls in the morning
  • Watching A Christmas Story
  • Opening presents one at a time at the Husband’s side of the family
  • Getting an ornament each year from my mom
  • Helping my aunt make dinner the day before Christmas

12. Wrapping paper or gift bags? – A mish mosh of both. I love wrapping presents, and I’m pretty particular about it (thanks to the Husband rubbing off on me). There are times, however, that I get pretty sick of wrapping and go to the bags!

13. Favorite Christmas Book – I love the Christmas story in the Bible. Once we have kids, I want to make a tradition of us reading it together as a family each Christmas Eve. I also love The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. It has an incredible message that always moves me to tears!

source

14. Real or artificial tree? Did you read above about me hating the smell of evergreens? Plus they make me sneeze!

15. Best gift you’ve ever given? Does this have to be Christmas related? The question doesn’t say so, so I’m saying no! ;) I gave my dad Chicago Bears tickets for his birthday this past year. He was shocked, and I could tell he loved them!

And that’s it for this time! Take a question above and answer it for yourself!

Nicole December 18, 2012 at 6:06 am

So fun to read. I have to work on my next update of these.
My favorite scent is the mistletoe candle scent from Yankee Candle.

alyssa - life a la wife December 18, 2012 at 7:00 am

Love this!

My favorite Christmas tradition is that my Grandma gives my cousins and I all Christmas Pajamas on Christmas Eve to wear when Santa comes :)

Linz @ Itz Linz December 18, 2012 at 7:02 am

my niece and nephews are definitely the easiest to buy for! clothes, toys, books – they love it all!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 18, 2012 at 7:10 am

my favourite Christmas tradition is watching movies with my dad. He has a lot of the same favourites that I do, so we always carve out a night around Christmas to sit down and watch them together.

Lauren December 18, 2012 at 7:11 am

Haha YES! I hate the smell of Evergreens too! Why do they feel the need to bottle this up and make candles out of it. I’m sorry, but I don’t want my house smelling like a forest. I’m with you on that girl!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 18, 2012 at 7:16 am

Your tree is gorgeous!

My favourite Christmas traditions are decorating the tree while listening to Bing Crosby, making a gingerbread house every year, playing board games on Christmas Eve, and spending part of Christmas day doing the massive Christmas crossword in the newspaper!

Angela @ Health's Angel December 18, 2012 at 7:16 am

Over the weekend a friend and I went shopping and of course, I had to smell a bunch of Yankee Candles at the store we were at. I am now obsessed with the “Christmas at the Beach” candle and have determined that I need it! :)

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots December 18, 2012 at 7:43 am

my newest favorite candle scent is mulled cider, it makes me want a cup every time I light it! My favorite tradition is decorating the christmas tree and listening to christmas music

Lindsey December 18, 2012 at 8:01 am

My Mom is also the easiest person to buy for! Some of our favorite Christmas traditions are, having my family sleepover on the 24th, and we have appys and watch A Christmas Story, and drinking Mimosas on Christmas morning :)

Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian December 18, 2012 at 8:23 am

We also had cinnamon buns every Christmas morning as well! Nothing screams Christmas to me like the smell of cinnamon.

christina December 18, 2012 at 8:27 am

Well apparently you need MY Christmas tree. I was way way way too excited to get a tree, just so my house would smell like it. But somehow I managed to get a type of fir that doesn’t have a scent unless you are straight up underneath the darn tree sniffing it. No joke!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 18, 2012 at 8:56 am

I LOVE your tree! Beautiful! My favorite Christmas traditions would have to be going to our Christmas Eve candlelight service and our big Christmas Day brunch when we’re with my family. Thinking about this is making me so excited for Christmas!

Katie December 18, 2012 at 9:02 am

How fun! I love your Christmas decor…come decorate my house?!

And my grandma is the easiest person in this world to buy for. I could STILL draw her a picture of a stick figure and a rainbow and she’d cherish it.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance December 18, 2012 at 9:02 am

omg, I had totally forgotten about the book The Best Christmas Pageant Ever! That’s awesome. Way to bring that up–made me smile!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 18, 2012 at 9:09 am

Thank goodness for gift bags! In the past I have been all about wrapping packages and even adding fancy bows. But this year has been incredibly busy for me, so gift bags are such a time saver! :)

Lisa December 18, 2012 at 10:17 am

So with you on Christmas decor. I love, love, love to decorate. (that was sort of obnoxious) My Mom totally picked me up that candle, I was pretty excited about that. I think your tree is beautiful! I have to agree on your favorite Christmas book, I love the message too!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 18, 2012 at 10:22 am

Christmas is definitely all about the traditions for me – it just wouldn’t feel the same without them. I’d have to say that my favorite one is probably going to midnight mass with the family on Christmas Eve… that’s when things really start feeling festive :)

kim@hungryhealthygirl December 18, 2012 at 10:57 am

My mom and sister are the easiest to shop for too! My favorite holiday scent is anything to do with food. Love Bath & Body Works Merry Christmas Cookie candle. The Tis the season one is pretty great too.

Annette@FitnessPerks December 18, 2012 at 11:18 am

Yay fun!

ANd SO sad about the smell of evergreen! AHhhh I lovvvvveee it ;)

My husband is the hardest person to shop for…and one of my sisters is probably the easiest

Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles December 18, 2012 at 12:10 pm

My sister’s the easiest person for me to buy for too….we have such similar tastes that it’s almost like I get to buy myself a pressent! And I agree with you about the evergreen scent….yuck

Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 18, 2012 at 1:40 pm

My sister and mom are also the easiest people to buy for! I’m so close with them so I know what they want and they’re both so gracious when it comes to gifts!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 18, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I used to love The Best Christmas Pageant Ever! I need to read it again!

Amber K December 18, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I hate the smell of evergreens too. I think it has something to do with the facts that 1. I’ve never once had a real one (my mom’s allergic) and 2. having grown up on a tree farm and my grandparents had a tree farm too. I have done my fair share of having to deal with those suckers. No thank you!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 18, 2012 at 5:44 pm

My mom and sister are the easiest to buy for, too!

Sara @ fitcupcaker December 19, 2012 at 7:49 am

I need to catch up with my 25 days of blogging Christmas, I am a little behind!! The best gift I ever gave someone was I got my husband begals tickets and he loved them!!

Suzanne December 19, 2012 at 8:08 am

So funny about the evergreen smell! It is one of my favorite smells. We went to India for 6 months and wanted to bring some things from our home. We live in the mountains so evergreen was perfect – we made little sachets with it and they smelled like home when we were sweating over there at Christmas! My boyz gave them as little gifts to all their classmates and everyone hated the smell ! It was too funny.Shows how much association has to do with what we do/don’t love. Sounds like you are allergic though so good reason for not liking it!
My favorite tradition – celebrating Dec 1st – have done so since 9 yrs old and now I celebrate with my family – boyz and hubby get small Christmas related gifts, we decorate, make gingerbread houses….Just the beginning of my favorite season! Of course – I also LOVE Christmas eve and love reading Twas the Night Before Christmas to my boyz (even at 12 – they are not too old for me to read Christmas stories to them :)

Kashi December 19, 2012 at 2:01 pm

i love the best christmas pagent ever! i still have my original copy from 3rd grade or so and these days i have started making the hubby read it to me :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 19, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Favorite holiday scent … probably sugar cookies or baked apples with cinnamon. Oooh or my mom’s homemade cinnamon rolls. :)

Miranda @ Biting Life December 20, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Oooh cinnamon rolls in the morning sounds like an amazing tradition :) Maybe I’ll start that one this year! I’m looking forward to starting my own new Christmas traditions with my boyfriend, now that we live together.