we complete each other

December 19, 2012

Do you remember last week when I was all cute and sweet and told you about how it’s best to look at the weeks optimistically? Ummm, where is that this week? ;) I feel like it should have been Friday… YESTERDAY! It doesn’t help that I’m not feeling well again (ugh..) and have been coughing up one of my lungs all day long. So let’s get on with it, shall we?

Breakfast – 6:00 AM

Look at me, I actually eat something other than oatmeal and pancakes!

December 19, 2012 008

This is one of my favorite breakfast rotations. Two pieces of Udi’s whole grain toast – one topped with smashed avocado and an egg, the other topped with almond butter, chia seeds, and banana slices! This breakfast keeps me full for a loooong time!

Snacks – all day long

December 19, 2012 005 December 19, 2012 009

I think over the course of the day I drank three cups of apple cinnamon tea (spiked with honey) and about six or seven clementines. I am needing all the vitamin c I can get! I am so over this whole being sick thing.

Lunch – 11:15 AM

A bowl of one of my favorites….

September 14, 2011 016

After school I went for a walk on the treadmill, and I could only last 20 minutes. I think that was my body’s way of saying ENOUGH! I listened and happily got my booty out of the gym.

Dinner – 5:00 pm

There was no snack after school today because I was meeting my bestie for an early dinner. We always go out for dinner and exchange Christmas presents a week or so before the holiday. This year we picked sushi!

We started with some edamame, which apparently comes with a cherry on top? Interesting!

December 19, 2012 010

And then came the rolls!

December 19, 2012 012

I am in love with my present from her – she ordered grown up best friend necklaces from a store on Etsy! (I’m not sure which one it’s from) They are puzzle pieces (because we complete each other), have our initials (K for Kimee and C for Chelsey), and have accents with our favorite colors (purple – me, blue – her). Seriously – so stinking cute.

December 19, 2012 013 When I got home, I jumped in the shower, changed into my pajamas, gargled salt water (ew), and now I am thinking about another glass of orange juice before I watch an episode of Parenthood and hit the hay.

I’m with Charlie on this one – it’s time for bed!

December 19, 2012 007

Question: Do you have any traditions with your friends around the holidays?

Lauren December 19, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Oh no! Sorry you aren’t feeling well again. I always fear that will happen when I’m sick because I know my immune system is down and I’m bound to pick up more germs. Here is hoping for a speed recovery!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 19, 2012 at 7:41 pm

That is definitely my kind of breakfast! So yums!

Also, I am addicted to clementines, too! They are so perfect during this time of year and you seriously cannot beat how easy they are to peal. I think that that is one of the things that normally keeps me from eating oranges! I like EASY food :) .

A cherry on top of edamame? Interesting ;) .

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 19, 2012 at 8:11 pm

That necklace is so cute! I love the idea too, i was obsessed with friendship necklaces as a kid. The best friend and I always find each other on Christmas Eve and exchange presents!

alyssa - life a la wife December 19, 2012 at 8:14 pm

What a cute gift!

Your lentil stuffed pepper soup is one of my favorites too :)

Gillian December 19, 2012 at 8:43 pm

I look forward to your #WIAW posts every week! A fun sneak peek into your life :)

Katie December 19, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I never thought of putting Chia seeds on my toast- great idea!
What kind of sushi is that? My sushi always looks so boring…cucumber and avocado rolls just aren’t very exciting! ;) (Still delicious though!)

LOVE your lentil stuffed pepper soup by the way!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 19, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Ack! Say no to the plague! Sorry you’re not feeling well, Chelsey. Charlie’s definitely got the right idea, though – plenty of rest will have you back to good in no time.

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 20, 2012 at 5:16 am

Charlie looks sooo comfy; ah, the life of a dog!

My work friend and I have a similar tradition — we go out to dinner and exchange presents every year. We’ve gone to the same place the last 3 years!

Linz @ Itz Linz December 20, 2012 at 5:42 am

My one friend always hosts a Chanukah party :) get well before break!! This week is going super slowly for me too!

Tina @ Best Body Fitness December 20, 2012 at 6:18 am

What a cute gift!!! And I hope you feel better soon.

Nicole December 20, 2012 at 6:44 am

What an adorable necklace! Hope you’re feeling better.

kaity @ kaityscooking December 20, 2012 at 6:55 am

that is adorable ! and i want sushi nowww! i always get this peanut avocado roll its like the best thing ever lol feel better!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 20, 2012 at 7:18 am

That’s such a cute gift from your friend! My friends and I always get together for some sort of Christmas celebration – but it always changes. One year it was an ugly Christmas sweater party, another it was a gingerbread house decorating party, and this year we’re doing a potluck.

I hope you feel better soon!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 20, 2012 at 7:22 am

I hope you feel better soon! I can definitely relate — I was sick off and on from October until last week! Lots of Emergen-C and tons of sleep (plus stopping workouts altogether for a few days) helped me!

Tracey Brown December 20, 2012 at 7:31 am

I have a friend that I met 40 years ago in kindergarten and we are still in close contact a few times a week even though we live500km apart. We get together several times a year but at Christmas she brings her husband and three children, who are almost the exact same age as my three children and we spend an entire today all 10 of us doing things together, playing rock band and kareoke and ping pong and video games and sliding in the snow and walking outside and all kinds of fun. Just a whole day together reconnecting as a large group. They always come the day after my big family party and they eat all the leftovers. That’s all I serve them, even if all that is left is a hunk of cheese, cookies and turkey! It’s the best day of the holidays because it’s low key and a small group and no stress.

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots December 20, 2012 at 7:54 am

what a sweet gift your friend gave you! I dont exchange gifts with my friends really :( we are all poor and all over the place!

Brittany @ Proteinandpumps December 20, 2012 at 8:14 am

I’ve had the same friends since before kindergarten and we don’t have any traditions. I never thought about it until now but that’s kind of strange lol. I can’t get over how much your dog looks like mine! They have the same exact markings! So cute! Hope you feel better-rest up.

Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian December 20, 2012 at 8:22 am

My coworker yesterday declared that Wednesday was Friday. I think we’re all getting antsy for the holiday seasons! In high school, my good guy friend’s family always had a Christmas Eve party at their house. Even throughout college, we would all meet up at the party as a traditional get together. Now it’s a little harder because we all don’t go back to our hometowns for Christmas, but it was a fun tradition for a long time.

Nicole December 20, 2012 at 8:25 am

Hi Chelsey, I just found your blog and wanted to thank you for the great recipes and encouragement to take better care of myself! I have not been tested for Celiacs, but my mom and sister both have it, and I have a gluten sensitivity at the least! You have even inspired me to order nutritional yeast and have it shipped to where I live, which is no easy feat! (I live and work in a remote part of West Africa.) Keep up the good work!

Christina December 20, 2012 at 10:04 am

Hope you feel better! Love those necklaces, and now I’m craving tea.

sara @ fircupcaker December 20, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I love sushi! Your breakfast looks great.

kim@hungryhealthygirl December 20, 2012 at 1:04 pm

That necklace is so sweet! I haven’t had an egg sandwhich in forever. Thanks for the breakfast idea!

Devon @ Health in Equilibrium December 20, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Those necklaces are so cute! I would love to get something like that for my best friend :) Love the look of that breakfast too! It is totally making me crave something similar…

Rachel@Running Daze December 20, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Very cute necklace (and gift idea!). We don’t have a formal gift exchange, but we do like to get each other something special. Charlie makes me want to curl up in my bed right now…

Juice Plus+ MD December 20, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Chelsey – you SERIOUSLY need to get on Juice Plus+ girlfriend….blessings & feel better!!!

Amber K December 20, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I usually see my best friend and her kids on Christmas morning. It’s so much more fun to see their adorable faces as they open up presents. Although, they already got the present from me and my husband. We took them to Wal-Mart to pick out presents to donate to the Sheriff Dept’s toy drive. So much fun to see how great they felt donating to a good cause.

Annette@FitnessPerks December 21, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I love having 2 pieces of toast with diff stuff on ‘em for b-fast! SO satisfying!

LOVE those necklaces. Etsy is fab for stuff like that :)