fun facts friday

December 21, 2012

1. I have the flu. Happy winter break to me! I’ve spent the last 18 hours doing nothing but sitting in my bed, watching episodes of parenthood, crying to the Husband, and sweating (and then freezing) my butt off. Seriously, what. the. heck.

2. You want to know what? My mom freaking rocks. She came over this morning at 6:30 to drop off medicine and gatorade for this drama queen. Okay, I’m lying – I wasn’t a drama queen. I really do feel like poo.

3. Woohooooo! We’re all still alive. Take that, Mayans.

4. A big congratulations to Courtney and Katie on their future bundles of joy! I’ve actually been in secret mode for the last month and a half with Courtney. It’s been HAAAARD to keep it a secret!

5. You know what I always want when I’m sick? French fries. Seriously – every single time. I sent the Husband out to the grocery store a few minutes ago to pick me up some frozen Alexia fries because there’s no way in heck that I’m making my own at this moment in time.

6.I’ve spent some time thinking about the 26 Random Acts of Kindness idea that is floating around to honor the victims of the Sandy Hook School tragedy. Alyssa has some awesome ideas on what you could do!

7. I’m going to be so so sad tomorrow if I miss the Husband’s family Christmas party. As of right now, it doesn’t look so good. There’s so many newborns and little kids around – I would hate to get anyone sick before Christmas!

8. You know what I’m looking forward to? Cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. Oh my gosh – the best!

9. No pictures today – that would be too difficult.

10. And with that, happy Friday. I hope everyone has a healthy and happy weekend!

Ali @ Ali Eats Clean December 21, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I hope you feel better soon Chelsey. Having the flu over Christmas Break is just not fair!

Lisa December 21, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I love love the idea of 26 random acts of kindness! I’m definitely going to participate. I’m with you on being sick, it’s totally not fun, especially with all the holiday parties! Get better soon! And have a great weekend!

Coco December 21, 2012 at 2:00 pm

My boyfriend is sick too, and I’m worried I will catch it just in time for Christmas… WAHHHH. Feel better <3

chelcie @ chelcie's food files December 21, 2012 at 2:03 pm

i hope you feel better Chelsey! Having the flu is no fun at all:/ the french fries sound like a good cure though!

katie December 21, 2012 at 2:14 pm

THANK YOU for the congrats! It has been SO hard to keep a secret over here too! I felt like I was hiding in a hole and just wanted to be safe until I heard that heart beat and was 13 weeks <3

Thank you so much for the congrats! Hope you feel better! xo

Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 21, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I’m so sorry you aren’t feeling well! :( It’s definitely been going around at my schools. I am thankful that I haven’t caught anything!

I’m looking forward to cinnamon rolls on Christmas day, too!! Great minds think alike! ;)

Tina @ Best Body Fitness December 21, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Boo! Hope you feel better! Been thinking about you!

Rachel@Running Daze December 21, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Rest up and feel better soon!

Kim@hungryhealthygirl December 21, 2012 at 2:29 pm

So sorry your sick! Hopefully you’re getting it all out of your system and you’ll be feeling great for Christmas!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance December 21, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Hope you’re feeling better soon! Happy Friday!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 21, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Oh no! I hope this is one of those 24-48 hours and it’s done kinda-thing.

cleaneatingchelsey December 21, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Thanks – I think the fever will be. I’ve been dealing with a cough/congestion for the past 3-4 days!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life December 21, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Bahaha…my keeper of secrets. :-D

cleaneatingchelsey December 21, 2012 at 5:12 pm

You better believe it!!!! I told not a soul!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 21, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Gah. Being sick while on break is the worst. Hopefully it runs its course soon so that you’re back to feeling 100% before Christmas.

Lauren December 21, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Feel better!!!!! Thinking of you!

Angie @ Pint of Goals December 21, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I hope you feel better soon! It’s so not fair that you’re sick at the beginning of winter break.

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats December 21, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I have the flu! Although mine seems to be more a 24-48 hour thing since my fever went away this morning. Just in time for that last final…

cleaneatingchelsey December 21, 2012 at 5:12 pm

That stinks! (i’m not sure if it’s the fact that it went away in time for your final or that you’re actually sick) Don’t infect people on your flight! :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 21, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I’m driving tomorrow with my brother and sister-in-law (AND MOLLY!!!!) so I’ll just get them nice and sick. :)

cleaneatingchelsey December 21, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Oh fantastic – that sounds lovely.

Shel@PeachyPalate December 21, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Awh man I hope you feel better soon…Vitamin C, 1000mg 3 times a day, drink grapefruit seed extract…twice a day, 10-15 drops in a glass of water or juice if you can’t hack the taste and lots of sleep! Honestly it works! :)

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 21, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I do not have the flu, but have come down with a nasty cough/cold. What a horrible time to be sick, am I right?? I hope you get to feeling better ASAP!! I am sure that the french fries will most definitely help! ;)

Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family December 21, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Feeling sick is the WORST. Feel better girl!

Amber K December 21, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Aw, I hate being sick on Christmas. Feel better stat! Have a fun and joyous season instead! But seriously, feel better Chelsey!

Marissa December 21, 2012 at 8:30 pm

well, if it makes you feel any better, i am a teacher also, and i am sick as a dog right now. today was my first day of winter break, too, and i’ve been in my bed in pj’s all day. it’s not surprising, though, as most of my students have been sick in time between thanksgiving and christmas break. must.get.better.soon!!

cleaneatingchelsey December 22, 2012 at 7:31 am

Nooooooo!!!!! That is exactly what happened to me! (except we had school yesterday so I had to take a sick day) My kids have been sick too – especially the kids in the front of the room. They’ve been hacking all over me! ;)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 22, 2012 at 7:23 am

I hope you feel better soon! I started to feel a bit of a cold coming on a few day ago, but luckily it didn’t turn into anything.

cleaneatingchelsey December 22, 2012 at 7:32 am

Thank goodness!

Patti December 22, 2012 at 9:32 am

Bummer!!! Hope you feel better fast!!! Fries will certainly help speed the process. Take care!!

sara @ fircupcaker December 22, 2012 at 10:21 am

Hope You feel better before christmas!

Allison@commitcomplete December 22, 2012 at 10:29 am

Feel better! Hopefully Santa will bring you some antibodies to attack that flu.

Brittany @ Proteinandpumps December 22, 2012 at 10:49 am

Feel better! There is a bad flu going around where I work/live and somehow I have managed to dodge it. Hoping it doesn’t sneak up on me before Christmas. Fluids and sleep!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 22, 2012 at 11:00 am

Oh no! Hope you feel better!

Juice Plus+ MD December 22, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Chelsey!!! Seriously you need to really honestly get on Juice Plus+! Mama knows BEST!! :)

Caroline December 22, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Do you make your own cinnamon rolls? If so, what recipe do you use? I would love a good GF recipe.

Clare @ Fitting It All In December 22, 2012 at 10:33 pm

feel better!

Madelyn Moon December 23, 2012 at 1:52 pm

I nominated you for the versatile blogger award! http://moonfitness.net/2012/12/23/blog-nomination/

cleaneatingchelsey December 23, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Thanks!

Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 23, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Sorry you are sick :( :( The worst timing that’s for sure. I never feel like french fries when I’m sick but always want ice cream. Pretty sure you aren’t supposed to eat ice cream when you have any sort of congestion because it makes it worse but I don’t care! I hope you feel better soon.

Sarah December 24, 2012 at 11:17 am

:o (

Sarah December 24, 2012 at 11:17 am

that emoticon was not supposed to look like that. :-(

Andrea @ Pencils and Pancakes December 25, 2012 at 7:36 am

Oh my gosh…flu is going around like wildfire in my school. This was the first year in awhile that I got a flu shot and I’m glad! Who knows if it will even do any good though…I feel terrible that you’re sick for the holidays and vacation…wahhhh! Feel better!

laura December 26, 2012 at 10:24 am

Hope you had a good holiday and you are feeling better. It’s the worst when you are sick when you are actually off from school. I love your “fun facts friday” and wanted to know if you would mind if I did that on my new blog… with of course credit to you :) fitrunningmama.com
Hope you get to enjoy the rest of your winter break