just a few ramblings

December 27, 2012

Well well well… I sure as heck didn’t mean to leave you all high and dry for almost a week over here. First things first, I hope everyone who celebrated had a nice holiday. We had a great Christmas Eve and Christmas – and I took zero pictures. None! Thankfully I was feeling semi-better on Christmas Eve (meaning I didn’t have a fever anymore) so I was able to celebrate with my family at church and my parents’ house.

Let’s talk about that whole sickness thing a minute, shall we? Guys, whatever it is knocked me on my butt HARD. I went to bed Thursday after school, ended up with a fever after work, and basically didn’t get out of bed until Monday morning (kind of reluctantly). We also took a fun trip to the emergency room on Saturday night because I had a spike in my fever. The poor Husband had to rush home from the family party I was missing to drive me there as his cousin who is a nurse didn’t think it was wise for me to drive myself (good choice!). They gave me some antibiotics, and while they made things a little better, it’s still not cleared up completely. I’ve still got some sinus congestion which makes me wonder if the sinus infection I had a few weeks ago just laid dormant for a few weeks and knocked me on my butt for the past few days. Thankfully the Husband was able to quarantine me, I was able to watch a lot of Parenthood, and I’ve already gone to the acupuncturist once for sinus relief (and have another appointment over the weekend). Ugh, it just stunk hardcore. Try not to get sick this winter!

That was a long segue – apologies. :)

Since I don’t have any pictures from Christmas to share with you, I thought I would share just one from yesterday…

image

Please go see this movie – just do it! They interpreted it beautifully, and every minute of the two and a half hours went by incredibly fast. My mom and I have been counting down this day for a long long time, and she (of course) cried through most of it.  My sister and I were obsessed with the music in Les Miserables when we were younger, and I loved hearing all the songs again. I’m not sure if I ever knew the story line, and now I’m glad that I didn’t know it ahead of time. How heartbreaking! I already have plans to go see it again early next week with my aunt and cousin. I need to buy the soundtrack and sing the songs every day of my life.

I have more to share with you, but I don’t want to bore you with a longer post of my ramblings. ;) Just wanted to check in and tell you I’m still alive and well. Today is going to be spent disinfecting my house and putting away many loads of laundry!

Question: What was the best part about your holidays?

Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) December 27, 2012 at 6:09 am

Can you believe I don’t even know what Les Mis is about? Not even the tiniest clue. But I’ve heard amazing things and want to see it!
On another random note (please don’t think I’m a CREEP!)- I had a dream last night that you took me on a walking tour of Chicago. It was a blast! Ok, weird, I know. :)

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 8:50 am

OMG – so weird. I had a dream on Christmas that we went to swim practice together at a high school! No joke.

Linz @ Itz Linz December 27, 2012 at 6:09 am

Glad you’re [kind of] feeling better! Uggh what a bummer of timing!! I saw This is 40 – probably incomparable to Les Mis, but still pretty stinkin’ funny!

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I want to see that too!

Lauren December 27, 2012 at 6:14 am

I’m so so sorry you were so sick!!! That’s awful hun. But glad you are on the mend. Now….that’s it, no more getting sick at all!
And I am so so bummed that I had to miss the movie yesterday. I was on my way, but the roads got so bad with our nasty winter storm, that my sister and I had to postpone our plans. Boo!
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I’m counting down the days now…I think it’s 19!!!!!

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:04 pm

EEEEEK 19 days!? Awesome!

Simply Life December 27, 2012 at 6:19 am

So sorry to hear you were sick- glad it sounds like you’re taking good care of yourself and getting lots of rest!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance December 27, 2012 at 6:40 am

Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better! Yikes!

I’m super excited to see Les Miserables. My husband and I just saw it live at the Cadillac Palace a few weeks ago for our anniversary. I’m happy that you thought the movie version was still a great take on it–I’m sure we’re going to fit this into our schedule this week.

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I’ve never seen the play, so I can’t say it’s better than that! But the movie was amazing.

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots December 27, 2012 at 6:55 am

I’m so sorry to hear that you got so sick!! It is such a bummer being sick but around the holidays makes it worse! Glad you are starting to get better. I can’t wait to see Les Mis!

Angela @ Health's Angel December 27, 2012 at 7:27 am

Yikes! Not an ideal way to spend the holidays at all, but good to hear that you started to pick up around Monday/Tuesday. I’m going to see Les Mis live when it comes to my city in a few weeks! But I’d love to see the movie, too.

Katie H. December 27, 2012 at 7:29 am

I have never seen ANY version of Les Mis. I think I might have to book a girl date to see it soon, though–my hubby is not interested!

We saw This is 40, and also Silver Lining Playbook over Christmas. Both were GREAT (in very different ways!).

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:06 pm

haha – yeah, my husband is NOT interested in it either!!

katie December 27, 2012 at 7:35 am

Glad you are ALL better!

I can’t wait to see that movie, I think i have to go solo! Mike won’t see it, maybe I can make him? :)

Happiness was family time over christmas and Mike is on vacation! He has to go in tomorrow for a little but then off until January 2nd!

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:07 pm

haha! Good luck. I was going to go see it by myself again because it’s so good but my aunt and cousin want to go!

Danica @ It's Progression December 27, 2012 at 7:51 am

Glad you were able to spend some time with your family for Christmas still–what an awful time of the year to get (really) sick!

laura @ fitrunningmama.com December 27, 2012 at 7:52 am

I love that my hubs is off from work for 2 weeks… we are all so happy even if there are days I have to work. It’s such a stress (less) time of year!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 27, 2012 at 7:56 am

Glad you’re feeling better!

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:07 pm

:) Thank you!

Coco December 27, 2012 at 8:06 am

I’m going on Friday with my best friend and both our moms to see Les Mis! Can’t wait! Sorry you were sick this holiday–for me it was the boyfriend who was sick and I took care of him/stayed away from him haha

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:08 pm

You’re going to love it! And you were in the right mind set to stay away from your boyfriend! :)

Sara@fitcupcaker December 27, 2012 at 8:53 am

glad your feeling better. I love your nails!! I just love spending the holidays with family!!

Miss Polkadot December 27, 2012 at 9:47 am

Oh no, I’m sorry you were sick. A trip to the ER sure doesn’t sound like the best Christmas present ever :( . I hope you’ll be over it soon.

I’m glad to hear you were able to enjoy Christmas a bit after all!
Everybody seems to rave about “Les Miserables” at the moment so it must truly be worth watching. I’m embarrassed to admit that I have no idea what it’s about, though. I guess I’d better read the book before heading to the movies, huh?

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I never read the book – and to be perfectly honest, I’m not sure if I’d like it as a book. I’m going to stick with the movie/play. :)

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 27, 2012 at 9:51 am

Glad to hear that you are starting to feel better! There is nothing worse than being sick around the holidays! :(

kaity @ kaityscooking December 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

glad your feeling better ! i rarely get sick but when i do its like im on my death bed for a week its horrible. i cant wait to see that movie i never saw any of the older ones so i dont really no what its about but i just love the cast so its making me go see it lol all the great food with the whole family was my fav part of the holidays like always

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I rarely get sick like that either – I typically get some sort of cold every year without a fever though! It’s never that bad!

Lisa December 27, 2012 at 10:17 am

Oh goodness, I’m so glad you’re feeling a bit better! Sorry about the horrid sickness, that’s just no fun at all! I want to see that movie, but am a little ashamed I know nothing about it. Oops.

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I really didn’t know anything about it either (except for the music!). When we were little my parents went to go see it which is why I knew all the music – my mom would play the cassette all the time for us! I’m glad I didn’t know the story line though – it’s kind of sad!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 27, 2012 at 10:17 am

Oh wow. I’ll definitely be taking your advice to avoid getting sick this winter. It always sucks to be sick on the holidays, but I’m glad to hear that you’re feeling better!

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:11 pm

haha because one can really control it, right? ;)

Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 27, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Mind over matter! I tell myself that I won’t get sick, and it must work because it’s been about 5 years since I caught anything :D

Parita December 27, 2012 at 10:28 am

Glad you’re feeling better! I absolutely hate being sick, but at least that’s done and over with…you still have New Year’s!

The best part of my holidays was spending time with family and friends…nothing beats that!

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Very true! I’m glad you had a good holiday!

Tami December 27, 2012 at 10:39 am

I hope you get better, I’m congested this morning, ugh. My favorite part of Christmas was watching my 4 kids open gifts and the amazing , clean meal my husband cooked!

Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 27, 2012 at 10:52 am

Ah that is so rough being that sick in general, and especially over the holidays. It’s hard to put your life on hold during the most busy times! I am glad that movie was good because I am going to see it this weekend. :)

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:12 pm

:) You’ll love it!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 27, 2012 at 11:07 am

Aww I’m sorry you were sick all weekend – it’s no fun being sick around the holidays. :( But at least you were feeling better for Christmas so that you could celebrate with your family. I had to miss out on Christmas Eve one year because I was home with a cold and it was the worst!

I really want to see Les Mis too! But the Lord of the Rings geek in me wanted to go see The Hobbit yesterday, so that’s what I saw.

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Well, you’re on break – you can go see Les Mis this weekend! :)

Irina @ Chocolatea Time December 27, 2012 at 11:33 am

Glad you’re doing better! I actually went to see Les Mis on Christmas and loved it as well! I had no idea what it was about, but I ended up loving everything about it. My mom cried about 90% of the time as well :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 27, 2012 at 11:56 am

I saw Les Mis yesterday, LOVED it! I didn’t know the story line either, and only a few songs. I hope you get all better soon! I’ve also got some sinus congestion now… I ran on Wednesday and it was SO HARD TO BREATH. I had to keep stopping!

cleaneatingchelsey December 27, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Yes I usually have a hard time breathing when I’m sick too – no fun!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 27, 2012 at 1:33 pm

That one’s on my list of movies to see! Sorry the sickness did you in so much…at least you’re doing better now!

elise December 27, 2012 at 6:26 pm

first off, happy holidays.
second, im sorry your flu like sickness kicked you on your ass at such a bummer of a time :(
glad youre feeling better now at least.
i think les mis is on the agenda for tonight :)

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 8:58 am

You’ll love it! It’s so good!

Amber K December 27, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I”m a little hesitant to go see it because I don’t think anything can compare to the anniversary special that I have on DVD. But I do love the story…so we’ll see. Glad you’re feeling better!

Sarah December 28, 2012 at 11:02 am

Django: I slept through a little more than half of it. Quentin Tarantino’s first movie I did not love. I really would love to see Les Miserables, but my brother was here from Austin, Texas (he is in a metal band, just saying) and I do not think he would have enjoyed it.