fun facts friday

March 29, 2013

1. It was quite an interesting few days over in the CEC househould. We’ve been having some issues with our septic system for a while, and the Husband decided he’d had enough. Even though we had redone the plumbing when we renovated a few years ago, we sure didn’t redo the plumbing all the way out into the street. All afternoon Wednesday and all day yesterday we were without a toilet and couldn’t use our shower. And a big 6 foot hole was dug into our front lawn. Thankfully it’s all clean now. Can we talk about first world problems for a second? ;)

2. You guys – I was THAT pregnant lady yesterday. THAT one being the crazy one who cried over everything. The Husband said something to me I took the wrong way? Cried. Dropped makeup on my only pair of maternity jeans and couldn’t use the washer (see above)? Cried.

photo (11)

Husband laughs at me because of said pants? Cried. Target doesn’t have any maternity pants in my size? Cried. Felt bad for crying about everything? Cried. Got good news from a friend? Cried.

Mmmmhm. Yup. I’m ashamed.

3. Today’s a jam packed day! I’m on “bring dad to the doctor downtown” duty all morning and then I’m babysitting Aubrey this afternoon while my mom works. I’m hoping to get in a good walk along the lake in the city while I’m down there – it’s supposed to be a beautiful day!

4. Operation start cleaning out the guest room to turn it into a nursery started yesterday. Believe it or not, this is progress.

photo (12)

We also ordered our cribs yesterday!!!!!! Weeee! I’m so so excited. Hopefully the Husband can pick them up this weekend or next. I’m so in love with them.

5. Why is it weeks that you have off go by so so fast? I wish spring break lasted forever. Good thing when we go back we’ve got 8 weeks of so many things going on – the end of the year goes by sooo fast.

6. You know what’s awesome? Bean salad. I tend to buy it from the deli if I buy the Husband lunchmeat. I put a good dent on the container I bought for lunch yesterday!

photo (10)

7. Aaaand that’s all I’ve got for you today. Have a great weekend everyone!

Cori @ olivetorun March 29, 2013 at 6:04 am

I can’t wait to see what the nursery looks like! :D

Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 29, 2013 at 6:40 am

It’s OK, girl. We’ve all been there (having a “crying” day). You’ll have more of those before the pregnancy is over haha. But you’ll be able to look back on those days and laugh! ;)

Sophie @ threetimesf March 29, 2013 at 6:47 am

Eeeeek, putting your nursery together is going to be so exciting!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 29, 2013 at 7:04 am

I am loving the comforter in your soon-to-be nursery!! Target?? ;) Either way, it is cute, but I am sure that the room is going to be SUPER CUTE once you are finished turning it into a nursery. I cannot wait to see it :) .

That bean salad looks fabulous. I have never been one to buy it, but I think I may start!

Happy Friday :) .

Danica @ It's Progression March 29, 2013 at 7:14 am

I remember looking at the link you shared of the crib you wanted to get–so adorable!! That’ll be so fun (and just *real*!) to see TWO cribs in your new nursery! :)

Linz @ Itz Linz March 29, 2013 at 7:17 am

ahhhh i just squealed when you wrote cribS!!!! also this is a 3 bean salad recipe from whole foods that i LOVE: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/three-bean-salad-gouda thought you might enjoy! :)

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 29, 2013 at 7:23 am

I have days where I cry at everything and I’m not pregnant so what’s my excuse?! haha

Ashley @ Life and Fitness March 29, 2013 at 7:24 am

Decorating the nursery will be a blast! I’ve spilled makeup all over my clothes before and they are usually fine so don’t worry about your pants!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs March 29, 2013 at 7:30 am

Ooooh, cribs! I bet it will be so fun to set up & decorate the nursery!
Have a great weekend!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 29, 2013 at 7:32 am

YOU’RE COMING DOWNTOWN!??!?

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life March 29, 2013 at 7:35 am

Hahaha, I had to laugh at #2 and #4. I was already laughing at #2 when you texted me about it yesterday but was literally running around work like crazy so I couldn’t make fun of you like I typically would. ;) You know I love ya!

And #4 sounds exaaaactly like us…signs of progress often look like anything but, don’t they?

Good luck today with dad!

Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family March 29, 2013 at 7:55 am

Pregnancy hormones are NO JOKE girl. XOXO

Erin @ Axell's Kitchen March 29, 2013 at 8:07 am

Haha love it, and the hormones will only get worse!! I would cry about the most ridiculous things!

Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian March 29, 2013 at 8:35 am

CRIB(S)! Ahhh! Still can’t believe you’re going to have two little babies! Happy weekend

Katie March 29, 2013 at 8:58 am

Hah! The crying! One of my favorite (only funny now, not then) pregnant memories is LOSING it and balling my eyeballs out to the sandwich lady at my grocery store because she accidentally put tomatoes on my sandwich and I didn’t want them. Oh those hormones!

Shel@PeachyPalate March 29, 2013 at 8:58 am

Don’t feel bad for crying! You’ve two babies growing inside you, you have a right go with the flow on the emotional front! Hope today goes better for you :)

Ashley March 29, 2013 at 8:59 am

Can’t wait to see the nursery come together!

Lauren March 29, 2013 at 9:26 am

I love that you were “that pregnant lady!” No matter how you put it, you’re adorable and I love you. :)

Amanda @ .running with spoons. March 29, 2013 at 9:39 am

Crying over crying – now that’s a win :D Even if it doesn’t seem all that funny now, enjoy these days because they make great memories!

Sky @ The Blonde In Black March 29, 2013 at 9:44 am

Congrats on being pregnant with twins! That must be soo exciting! I can’t wait to see what how your nursery turns out. I’m not even pregnant and some days I can cry about anything and everything triggers me to cry. So annoying!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 29, 2013 at 9:57 am

Pregnant + watching “Marley and Me” for the first time = WORST IDEA EVER! …..The husband came home to find me sobbing on the couch- he thought something had happened to one of my family members I was sobbing so hard! (on the up side, I was lucky and only had a ‘crying day’ once- maybe you’ll be one of the lucky ones too! )
As frustrating as it is to feel like something else is controlling your emotions (and how the husbands usually don’t ‘get it’; at least mine didn’t….)- it is a wonderful reminder of what is controlling your emotions– TWO WONDERFUL BLESSINGS!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 29, 2013 at 10:30 am

Excited to see how the cribs turn out!

Carly @ Snack Therapy March 29, 2013 at 11:28 am

I’m not even pregnant and I have major crying episodes. Don’t even stress. This is the one time in life when it’s totally acceptable to bawl like a baby. Embrace it ;) . That bean salad looks great too! Yummmm.

Melissa March 29, 2013 at 11:41 am

I’m not pregnant and I still have crying days! haha I think you’ve earned it. Good luck with the nursery!

Allison March 29, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I cry over every little thing like that too and I’m not even pregnant! No worries :)

Amber K March 29, 2013 at 7:24 pm

You can be “that pregnant lady” any day. You’re carrying TWO lives within your body. Just punch anyone in the face that disagrees… Or maybe that’s just my TOM talking… ;)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 30, 2013 at 6:42 am

I have days where I cry like that, and I’m not even pregnant! :P So don’t feel ashamed at all!

I love bean salad from the deli too. And tabbouleh. I can never make mine as good as theirs!

Ellie@Fit for the Soul March 31, 2013 at 4:45 pm

I am so late on this congratulations, but I seriously am so happy for you guys, and omgshhh twins! I myself would be so scared to have twins since I know I’m only having one baby girl~but seriously, God bless you on this journey! And if it makes you feel any better, I’m 2.5 months away from delivery and we still can’t get to the nursery b/c of some crazy reasons that are all intertwined together, but it’s starting to drive me cuckoo not starting on it. So I think we’ll have to change that soon! :) I can be a mess on some days too, so this post made me go “awww” but smile at the same time. :D