First things first: you need to read my title with a british accent as if you are Oliver Twist. Thanks.
I woke up with one thing on my mind this morning: pancakes.
I am usually not one to make pancakes – I love my oatmeal. However, yesterday Angela had what looked like the best idea in the entire world, so I was inspired.
I took her spelt pancakes recipe and totally changed it up (sorry Angela – just remember, you were my inspiration!!!) . Actually, it’s not even the same recipe anymore! These bad boys are vegan and gluten-free!
Blueberry Oatmeal Flax Pancakes:
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free oatmeal
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp. baking soda (you can use 1 tsp. baking powder – I can’t due to a corn intolerance)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ungodly amounts of blueberries
- Mix the dry ingredients together and mix the milk in – it should be semi-runny.
- Spray a skillet or griddle with nonstick spray (I use olive oil in a spray bottle) and heat to medium to medium high heat.
- Drop three equal sized portions of the mixture onto your skillet. Wait until the pancakes start to bubble and flip with a spatula. Heat on the other side as well.
I topped these with melted banana and peanut butter sauce (also inspired by Angela – thanks girl!). All I did was smash up 1/2 a naner, add 1 tbsp peanut butter, and nuke it in the microwave for 45 seconds. I mixed it all up and spooned it over my breakfast!