This morning’s guest post comes from a blogger who I truly admire — Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers! I’ve been following Julie’s blog for quite some time now, and I am absolutely honored she is sharing a post with us today!
Hey there Clean Eating Chelsey readers! My name is Julie and I’m the author behind the blog Peanut Butter Fingers, which follows my life as I try to work out regularly, eat (mostly) healthy and live a fun life with my brand new husband (we got married in October 2010) and our absolutely insane dog.
I’ve been a big fan of Chelsey’s blog for a while now and was hooked after I read her “Chelsey” page and saw that we have a lot in common. We both grew up in suburbs of Chicago and were water polo players in high school.
And we both love to eat!
When Chelsey reached out to me to guest post on her blog, I was thrilled and figured a “recipe round up” post would be a fun one to do on her blog, since healthy food is something we both adore.
Below you will find a roundup of some of my all-time favorite granola recipes. I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do!
(Makes eight 1/4 c. servings)
- 4 tbsp. almond butter
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 c. oats
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine almond butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until almond butter is slightly melted (about 30 seconds).
- Stir almond butter and honey together.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla to almond butter mixture.
- Stir oats and chia seeds into almond butter mixture, completely coating oats in the mixture.
- Spread oats onto cookie sheet and bake for eight minutes before tossing oats and baking for another four minutes until granola is slightly brown.
- Let cool until granola is crunch and enjoy!
(Makes 4 small servings, 1/4 c. each)
- 1 c. old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together coconut oil, honey, brown sugar and coconut extract. Continue whisking until ingredients are combined.
- Add oats to the honey mixture. Stir in chia seeds until oats and seeds are coated in the honey mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 8 minutes before flipping the granola and baking for another 3 — 5 minutes.
- 8 c. old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/2 c. wheat germ (1/2 jar)
- 1 c. grated coconut (optional)
- 1/3 c. each of chopped cashews and almonds
- 2 c. sesame seeds
- 2 c. sunflower seeds
- 1 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. canola oil
- 2 c. honey
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the liquids separately until well blended.
- Coat dry ingredients with liquid ingredients.
- Spread onto an ungreased cookie sheet or two 9Ã—13 pans.
- Bake at 350 for 20 min. Then reduce to 250 and turn every 10-15 minutes until browned to suit taste.
Thanks again to Chelsey for allowing me to guest post on her amazing blog today. I hope you guys have a great time in the kitchen if you decide to try out one of the above recipes! I promise they’re delicious… and addicting!
Question: What is your favorite granola recipe?