yadirf stcaf nuf

July 19, 2013

1. This heat is killlliiiinnnnngggg me. Okay, so really I shouldn’t complain because I’m not the one working outside for twelve hours every day like my husband, but oh my goodness. I refuse to walk outside right now. We are under a heat advisory, and I have been on my couch in the air conditioning as much as possible.

2. Yesterday at my doctor’s appointment, I made eight appointments for the month of August. EIGHT! Apparently when you’re pregnant with multiples, you have to start doing non stress tests twice a week once you hit 32 weeks. That’s a lot of time at the doctor’s office. My doctor also said she was going to schedule a c-section for me at 38 weeks “just in case”. Ummmmm if I’m still pregnant at 38 weeks, I think I’ll die. Obviously I’m incredibly dramatic, but 8 more weeks? Oh. My. Gosh. These two can keep cooking for another 6-7, but 8 is out of the question. ;)

3. Have you seen this recipe yet? I made it for dinner (minus the bacon and with whatever veggies I had) and OMG it was delicious. You need to make it. It’s going on my freezer meal list.

4. I’m not even ashamed to admit that I’m going to the 98 Degrees, Boyz II Men, and New Kids on the Block concert tonight. I’m most excited about 98 degrees. Love me some Nick Lachey.

5. On Monday night, my bedside lamp was making a funny noise. Charlie was absolutely terrified of it and continuously barked until I changed the light bulb (and then the noise stopped). On Wednesday night when I was reading, the goofy dog spent over an hour just staring intently at the lamp just to make sure it wasn’t on the verge of attacking.

6. My birthday is on Tuesday. Is it horribly pathetic that I told the Husband the only thing I wanted for my birthday was for a cleaning service to come in and deep clean our house? I’m going with no, but you can decide for yourself.

7. I promise the title of this post is not in some foreign language. You can figure it out, I’m sure. I’m feeling a little wacky today. ;)

8. Come on Baby Tooth! He’s due today, and I KNOW that Courtney is ready for him to get the heck out. You’re evicted buddy – your mama and daddy want to meet you!

9. That’s all I’ve got for you today. Happy Friday!

Nicole @ FruitnFitness July 19, 2013 at 6:51 am

Ha poor Charlie didn’t want the lamp to attack his momma! I’m glad you an the girls are able to stay inside and cool!

Katie H. July 19, 2013 at 6:51 am

Tricky, tricky title ;-)

Ugh, I agree about the heat, and I’m not pregnant!

I’m obsessed with quinoa, so I’ll definitely be pinning that recipe.

I LOL’d about your lamp. I can totally imagine my dogs doing the same thing. My Yorkie is scared of my iPhone when I play music from it. She literally backs away from it, shaking and barking. (So, of course, I have to taunt her with it every now and then. That’s part of the fun of being a dog owner, right??)

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat July 19, 2013 at 7:06 am

This heat/humidity is quite insane! My car said 84 degrees at 7:30 in the morning!?! I really hope it breaks soon!

Happy early Birthday! I don’t see anything wrong with you wanting a cleaning service to come in for your bday. In fact…I could totally see myself wanting the same thing! ;-)

Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes July 19, 2013 at 7:08 am

Heck yah, a deep cleaning service sounds AMAZING! Happy early birthday! Try to stay cool ;-)

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 19, 2013 at 7:10 am

I bookmarked that salad. Thanks for the reminder…. I just may make it tonight. Happy early b-day!

Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries July 19, 2013 at 7:20 am

When I first saw the title I was like “Did she just go sdflksfjl and forget to edit it?” Then it got it! :)

Have fun at the concert! I’m going to the Backstreet Boys concert in a few weeks and I’m SO pumped.

Ashley @ Life and Fitness July 19, 2013 at 7:32 am

Haha too funny about Charlie and the lamp! It sounds like something my dog would do too.

Staci July 19, 2013 at 8:10 am

I’m a first time commenter on your site (I LOOOOVE reading your pregnancy updates, I’m due in 2 weeks with just one little man), but I am TOTALLY on board with your wish for a deep clean of your house. I hit the nesting phase a few days ago, and it would be AH-MAZING to have someone clean the crap that I don’t even want to think about. ;) I hope your next few weeks go as smoothly and comfortably as they can!

cleaneatingchelsey July 22, 2013 at 6:39 pm

congrats and good luck with your baby boy!!

Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family July 19, 2013 at 8:11 am

LOVE the title haha. I also feel you on the heat. Hot summers are tough but doing them preggo is terrible.

char eats greens July 19, 2013 at 8:12 am

That recipe does sound good. Anything with BBQ is an immediate hit!!

Annie July 19, 2013 at 8:29 am

amen on the cleaning service! happy early birthday!!

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome July 19, 2013 at 8:31 am

It’s been horribly hot here as well and with a two year old, difficult to get outdoors and play. No fun being stuck inside all day when you’re full of little boy energy! What a fun concert you’re going to! I used to LOVE New Kids on the Block! I think I even had their bedsheets. Which means I’m so old! Ha! Have a great weekend!

Emily July 19, 2013 at 8:40 am

I went to see “The Package” tour (giggle) when it was in Pittsburgh and it was actually a really fun time!!! Nick Lachey hasn’t aged a bit ;) Hope you have fun!

And I would toooootally hire a cleaning service right this second and I’m not even pregnant, so I think it is more than justified in your case. ;)

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 19, 2013 at 9:23 am

I think the deep cleaning present is PERFECT! I’d be all about that too. Have fun at the concert! ;)

Lauren July 19, 2013 at 9:26 am

Elmo purposely nudges his nose against these lanterns and vase things in our house to get them to make a sound. He does it ALL.THE.TIME. I love the fact he’s scared of every new thing which appears in our house. The Christmas tree and light up Mary and Joseph at the holidays was a hoot. lol.

Linz @ Itz Linz July 19, 2013 at 9:35 am

itz soooooooooo hot in st. louis too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 19, 2013 at 9:48 am

The title is…backwards! :)

I can’t blame you for wanting a cleaning service. That is how you know you are getting “old” when you request adult things like that instead of unnecessary luxuries ;) .

Angela @ Health's Angel July 19, 2013 at 10:09 am

Happy early birthday! Hooray for July birthdays. Mine is next Thursday. A deep house cleaning, done by someone else, sounds like a wonderful present! And I’m not even pregnant.

Melissa @ Gracefully Falling Down July 19, 2013 at 10:31 am

I saw the Instagram pic of Charlie staring at the lamp. Sooo cute. I love pitties like a fat kid loves cake!

Lisa July 19, 2013 at 10:35 am

I was so confused by your title, until I realized it was backwards;)
Happy Birthday week!!! Hope you will be celebrating the weekend away – I totally do that weeks before my birthday. It’s a must.
I need to check out that quinoa recipe – I’m all over it lately.
Happy Friday!

Sarah @ A Refining Adventure July 19, 2013 at 11:21 am

Ha! Love your title…took me the few seconds while the post was loading, but I figured it out. Very clever. ;-) Um, 2 appts. a week? Wow! Hope you like your doctor’s office! When you’re finished with the cleaning crew, send em my way, mmmk?

Sending lots of cool breezes your way!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 19, 2013 at 11:54 am

IIIIIIIIIIIII AM SO JEALOUS OF THIS CONCERT!!!! and I am SO EXCITED that the weather is going to cool off a bit this weekend. I took a break to go to Trader Joe’s and had to shower off when I got home from carrying my groceries .5 miles…

Judy July 19, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I’ll be at that show tonight too! :)

Julie @ Food Fitness & Happiness July 19, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I’m confused about if I should be proud that I finally figured out the title or ashamed that it took me so long!
Charlie and your lamp? Totally cracks me up because I have no problem to figure out how cute it must have been (at least there’s something that I can figure out quickly ;) ) Totally something that my puppy would have done too! How much do we love them, right?!

Julie @ Food Fitness & Happiness July 19, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Annette@FitnessPerks July 19, 2013 at 2:14 pm

you silly–you scrambled the title! love it ;)

That concert sounds amazing! 98 degrees is where it’s at fo sho.

Happy birthday soon! I think that present sounds awesome….. so no judging here!

Tracy July 19, 2013 at 2:50 pm

I had a scheduled C-section with my twins at 38 weeks and a day and it was worth it! I was so glad they didn’t come earlier than that because I think the delivery would have been scary. Besides they were a healthy 6lb 2oz and 6lb 8oz!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 19, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Have so much fun at the concert!! I’m so jealous! Brings back memories from elementary/middle/high school (elementary: NKOTB, middle: Boyz II Men, high: 98 degrees). If Backstreet Boys were going to be there, I may have had to book a flight and come join you haha! ;)

Becky July 19, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I went to that concert last month and had a blast. Boys II Men and 98 Degrees were my fave. NKOTB was too. There was just a little too much crotch grabbing and air humping in their show for me. :)

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen July 19, 2013 at 4:20 pm

It is crazy hot here too – like 110 with the humidity! I’m dying.

Have an awesome time at the concert tonight! I actually didn’t really listen to those bands back in the day – I was more of a Backstreet Boys girl. If they ever go on tour again, I am SO going!

Leah July 19, 2013 at 4:35 pm

If you like that recipe..try this one I made the other night! It was a HUGE hit with the beau http://www.alidaskitchen.com/2013/04/buffalo-chicken-quinoa-salad.html

I didn’t have any olive oil on hand so I omitted it and it was still delicious!

Erika July 19, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Hahaha I’d totally enjoy that concert! I s

Erika July 19, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Stupid phone submitted before I was done.

I saw NKOTB in concert back in 2008…it was so much fun!

Happy early birthday!

Amber K July 19, 2013 at 8:21 pm

lol, the title totally confused me at first. That’s hilarious about Charlie. Animals can be so funny.

Robyn @thereallife_RD July 22, 2013 at 8:38 pm

No shame in boy bands! please try to get front row and touch lachey’s hand. I’d freak!