TODAY, i am thankful

November 24, 2010

Who says it has to be Thanksgiving to be thankful for the good things in your life? While I am an expert in seeing the negative in situations, today, I chose to be positive.

I was thankful for…..

• enjoying a leisurely breakfast after having to wake up at 6:30 this morning to push the Husband out of bed to go work.
  • November 24, 2010 002

• Realizing my breakfast was lukewarm (NOT cold) after a freezing photo shoot outside. I was happy to finally get some food breakfast pictures.

November 24, 2010 004

• Being able to push my body in a sweaty hour long workout at the gym
  • My aunt who accepts me in my sweaty’ness and allows me to help her prepare for Thanksgiving tomorrow
  • My mother for taking me out to lunch at a nice restaurant when I was lookin’ like a hot mess…

November 24, 2010 005

(note: I was still in my workout clothes. Nasty)

• A 15 minute nap in my car before my sister in law cut my hair because I decided spontaneously that I “needed a change”.

November 24, 2010 007

(I totally get that you have no idea what I actually “changed” — it’s shorter, angled, and a lot more layered in the back)
  • The person in the parking lot only cracking my side view mirror after hitting my car and driving away
  • My aunt for buying me a hugh jass bottle of vanilla in Mexico — one liter people!!!!
  • November 24, 2010 022

Angela’s Pumpkin Butter Oat Squares with Candied Pecans

• A warm house to shield me from the freezing rain that is happening outside right now

What are you thankful for today?

hungryforbalance November 24, 2010 at 7:10 pm

I am thankful for a warm home (it’s -12F right now!) and a day off with my sweet husband ;-)

Janae@Hungryrunnergirl.com November 24, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Girl can I just say you are gorgeous!!! I live for the summer too…. Beautiiful food pictures and awesome workouts!!! Your hair looks so good! Yay for lunches with moms! That bottle of vailla is awesome!!! Loved this post and I am so glad there wasn’t mire damage to your car! What product do you use on your hair?

cleaneatingchelsey November 24, 2010 at 8:21 pm

noooo youuu’re gorgeous! :)

I have no idea what she used on my hair today to be perfectly honest with you – but I swear by Thickr mousse, Moroccan Oil, and Paul Mitchell Hair Spray!

Melissa @ I Never Imagined November 24, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Aww! What a lovely family you have!!
I am thankful for everything in my life right now :) I love it!

Amy @ Second City Randomness November 24, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Holy vanilla! I am jealous! It’s amazing how expensive that stuff gets…

I’m thankful that my favorite local band is playing at Durty Nellie’s tonight… woot woot! :p

thefitacademic November 24, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Mexican vanilla is the BEST! I just got back from Acapulco and I brought bottles of vanilla back for everyone! Great cheap gift ~ besides, no one like boring key chains or magnets, lol. Plus you can REALLY tell the difference in vanillas when baking, etc. I love to put a little splash in hot chocolate, too. Sooooo good!

teenagehealthfreak November 24, 2010 at 8:57 pm

i am thankful for..my mom. without her..nothing would be possible. you are a very pretty lady!! hope you have a great thanksgiving!!!! ((i’m also extremely thankful for sweet potatoes and avocado..and possibly every fruit/veggie ever.))

cleaneatingchelsey November 25, 2010 at 6:23 am

me too – <3 my momma!!! :)

squigglefloey November 24, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Your new haircut is so cute! I’m wanting to cut my hair shorter, but I can’t decide on whether to or not…argh! :p
Definitely thankful for wonderful family, boyfriend, friends, health, and schooling :)

cleaneatingchelsey November 25, 2010 at 6:23 am

Thank you! I have a hard time growing my hair out because I get soooo bored. :)

Katie November 24, 2010 at 10:01 pm

I’m a fan of the impromptu haircut. That’s the only way I do it, otherwise I psych myself out.

I’m thankful for my belly full of veggies. And the Harry Potter movie I’m about to watch.

cleaneatingchelsey November 25, 2010 at 6:24 am

I agree – I’m so bad at growing out my hair though. I just can’t do it!!

Lauren November 24, 2010 at 10:42 pm

I’m thankful that I’m not at work till 11 pm tonight like I am every other Wednesday.

Your hair looks great and I’m so jealous of that GIANT bottle of vanilla!

Gina November 24, 2010 at 10:46 pm

I love mexican vanilla! It’s seriously the best! I’m so sad mine is coming to an end :(

Love your haircut. Super cute!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

carascravings November 24, 2010 at 11:39 pm

I am thankful for so many blessing in my life:
My family, husband, job, good health…the list could go on.

Tangy November 25, 2010 at 1:01 am

I was feeling extra thankful earlier and I just wrote a post about it, lol. But I’m thankful for my life’s current status quo. You know, the whole, “don’t worry, things always have a way of working themselves out.” Well I still worry but things have been consistently working themselves out so for that I am very thankful!

cleaneatingchelsey November 25, 2010 at 6:25 am

It’s so incredibly true – I have had so many moments where I thought “this blows, how is this even going to work out?” But it always does.

movesnmunchies November 25, 2010 at 2:04 am

sounds like a relaxed a accomplished day! I amthankful for my mornings- i love them!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 25, 2010 at 8:07 am

Ahh, sorry about your car mirror! I’m sure karma will come back to haunt that person. :P

I am thankful to be going home this weekend!

Simply Life November 26, 2010 at 5:15 pm

I love that you were able to sleep in your car- I try and do that but always get so nervous with every noise I hear! :)