I rarely play by the rules. It might have something to do with my feeling the need to rebel when others give me guidelines. I like to think I’m just creative (sometimes), so I like to take ideas and spin off of them. Last week, Jenny gave me the Versatile Blogger Award! I’m so honored, but of course, I couldn’t just follow the rules.
So here’s the name of the game…
1. Thank the person who gave you this award (Thanks Jenny!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason!
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
Since I was out of town this weekend and filled up your readers with some wonderful guest posts, I figured I would change this up a little bit. Instead of sharing seven things about myself, I’m going to share seven things about my weekend. You ready? Good.
- My weekend started when on Thursday I realized I made my flight for one of my best friend’s wedding for the wrong day. I tried to check in on Southwest.com and realized my flight that I made left on Thursday, not Friday — like I was planning on. I had a major freak out session, but ultimately fixed it and flew out on Friday like I had originally planned.
- I didn’t tell my best friend about this mix up until I was safe and sound in St. Louis. She would have freaked out. It was really for my own good. No need to upset a bride.
- I surprisingly ate really good food this weekend. I’m always really nervous when I go out of town because I don’t know when I’ll get a good meal. That didn’t happen this weekend. On Saturday, I had Whole Foods salad bar, and the rehearsal dinner had gluten free pasta for me. On Sunday, the reception had a great vegetarian plate for me — a Portobello mushroom and a lot of other grilled veggies. I was more than pleased!
- The wedding was at the Missouri Botanical Gardens in St. Louis. It was absolutely amazing — the ceremony was in a rose garden under a gazebo and the reception was in an atrium. Elegant, classy, beautiful.
- I threw away most of my “healthy” habits this weekend — no shame. I only exercised once, I stayed up until all hours of the morning, and I drank three nights in a row. Needless to say, I’m not a college student anymore. I’m hurting today.
- The three college roommates were reunited again this weekend for the first time in one year. Last time we were all together? My wedding!
- My husband wears bedazzled sunglasses. Okay, only when he forgets his at home — but still, he wore them.
The next step? Passing the award on to fifteen other bloggers.
Question: What is one thing I should know about your weekend? OR Have you ever screwed up on your travel plans?