switching it up

April 11, 2012

Good morning, friends! Fun fact of the day – did you know that 100 years ago yesterday the Titanic set sail on its maiden voyage? It’s the truth — part of me knows that because of the million of commercials for Titanic in 3D. Another part of me knows only that because we are studying the Titanic in fifth grade right now.

Upwards and onwards to other things though — how about another week of eating more of our veggies?

Peas and Crayons

I can’t say that I really did that yesterday. In fact, I ate less vegetables than normal. It kept my stomach happy all day long, so I was more than okay with it.

Breakfast — 6:00 AM

Whether you choose to believe this is real life or not is one thing, but I have not been loving oatmeal at all lately. For the past week, I’ve been turning my nose up at it. Instead, all I have wanted are pancakes! For the past five or six days, I’ve been making my Greek Yogurt Pancakes — and been loving them every single time.

April 10, 2012 025

I must say though, I want some more options. While I love pancakes, I am needing some more suggestions for what to make for breakfast. I’m a sweet girl in the morning (my food… not me.)

This morning was a rough one. I don’t know what’s with me, but towards the end of the year I get incredibly dysfunctional in the mornings. I left pretty much on time today, but then I realized my gas light was on empty. I headed to the nearest gas station only to realize my wallet was not in my purse. Back to my house I went. Back to the gas station I went. I was only two minutes late. That’s pretty darn good! It was quite the commute!

Lunch — 11:30 AM

Enter in my newest lunch obsession. I took it upon myself to buy a bag of Udi’s plain bagels over the weekend, and now I am wondering what in the world took me so long. I’ve eaten this sandwich three times since Saturday, and I’m a little upset I only have one bagel left.

April 10, 2012 029
The Sandwich:

• Udi’s plain bagel
  • Fried egg
  • 2 tbsp. horseradish hummus (from Trader Joe’s — SO good!)
  • 1/4 avocado
  • lettuce
  • tomato

On the side, I ate some mini sweet peppers….

April 10, 2012 030
and I also ate some pineapple and mango.

April 10, 2012 031

..aaand I might have eaten this entire chocolate bar. It’s only about half the size of a regular chocolate bar because of its “mini” size, but I just couldn’t help myself. It was delicious.

April 10, 2012 033

Last week Alter Eco sent me a few of their products to try out, with one of these chocolate bars as one of the products. When they emailed me to see if I wanted to try any of their stuff out, I couldn’t resist. Their mission is so incredible, and I really wanted to get the word out. Taken from their website, Alter Eco’s vision is this:

“We are a team of fair trade visionaries and food-loving explorers on a mission to connect you to our farmers and their honest foods. When you taste the sweet justice of our mission you will understand our persistence, and our invitation to join us in finding your Alter Eco.”

Their products are from all over the world, and it’s interesting to hear the stories behind each one of the foods.

Snack — 4:00 PM

I was deep in work for about an hour after school today, and when I left I had a pounding headache. I turned off the radio, grabbed my snack, and drove home for the half hour in silence.

February 28, 2012 009

Dinner — 6:15 PM

Dinner featured another new to me food — Ruby Red Rice which is very prevalent in Thailand. In fact, did you know the phrase “I’m hungry” in Thailand really translates to “I’m hungry for rice”? I learned this on the back of the package when I was reading the directions on how to cook it. This is another product Alter Eco sent to me, and I was excited to try it out.

April 10, 2012 036

The rice turned out beautifully. It has a shorter cook time than most rice (30 minutes as opposed to 45-50 minutes) and has a nutty and hearty flavor. The Husband and I both admitted to being nervous about if we would like it or not, but we both cleaned our plates. April 10, 2012 041

What we served with the rice was a little random, but it worked. I roasted up some green beans in some olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper at 425 for about 30 minutes.

I also threw a bunch of things together in a skillet and hoped it would come out delicious — we were lucky last night, folks! (note: it’s not always the case)April 10, 2012 040

I heated in a skillet the following:

• 1/2 onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 red pepper
  • 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup kale
  • 2 tbsp. tomato paste
  • 3 tbsp. water
  • 1-2 tbsp. Liquid Aminos
  • salt, pepper, chili powder, oregano, and cumin to taste (I didn’t take any measurements)

I also ate a cookie after doing the dishes.

April 10, 2012 044
(my green walls aren’t that intense in person, I swear)

Right now while I’m writing this post (Tuesday night) I’m trying to decide if I want a snack or not. We’ll see how it goes!

Have a great Wednesday!

Question: favorite breakfast? Help a girl out!

Linz @ Itz Linz April 11, 2012 at 6:23 am

I’ve switched up my breakfast lately to a bowl of savory quinoa! Recently I’ve been loving cooking it and then adding vanilla almond milk, coconut butter, and sometimes banana slices! So good and so savory!!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Okay that sounds really good! Thanks for the suggestion!

Sabrina April 11, 2012 at 6:27 am

Favorite breakfast? That’s my favorite meal! Whole wheat waffles, toasted, lightly spread with peanut butter, sliced apples or bananas, and a light drizzle of sugar free syrup. Delicious and leaves me feeling full and happy!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Talk about delicious! That sounds so good – thanks Sabrina!

Michelle@PeachyPalate April 11, 2012 at 6:28 am

That dinner looks incredible as do the pancakes! Well done on switching it up :)

Justeen @ Blissful Baking April 11, 2012 at 6:32 am

I love oatmeal too, but sometimes I need to change it up! I’ve been really enjoying Ashley’s buckwheat bakes from the Edible Perspective for breakfast. Lots of protein and fiber, so it’s super filling, plus GF! On weekday mornings, I often make the microwave version to save time. Or I mix up the dry ingredients the night before and add the wet ingredients in the morning, then let it bake while I get ready. I had a strawberry-banana version yesterday and it was deeelicious!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I’ve been wanting to try out her breakfast bakes for a while! I think I just might!

Rebecca April 11, 2012 at 6:34 am

I’m currently loving egg white tacos! just egg whites cooked in pan with almond butter and banana in the middle, so good! And filling too :)

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Interesting!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 11, 2012 at 6:39 am

My favorite breakfast is ALWAYS peanut butter and sliced banana on whole-wheat toast. It makes me very happy. ;)

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:44 pm

that’s a very popular consensus!

Jamie @ Thrifty Veggie Mama April 11, 2012 at 6:41 am

Yeah, I eat oatmeal pretty much every morning too. Or a bowl of cereal. Not very exciting.

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:44 pm

ha – we’re one in the same!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles April 11, 2012 at 6:42 am

Remember your peanut butter quinoa that was supposed to be granola bars- the one with the cocoa nibs? That on top of greek yogurt is delightful but this time you could make it with almomd butter to mix things up….. That one was really good! You could also do a sweet breakfast casserole baked in muffin tins for a quick grab and go breakfast…
The end of the school year leaves me late to work a lot of the time too- you’re not alone. :) ….and by the looks of my tardy slips, we aren’t alone either…

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:44 pm

haha I have so many kids coming in late these days too!

Becky Przy April 11, 2012 at 6:52 am

I was worried you were going to say you ran out of gas on the way back to the gas station;-)

I find oatmeal is the only thing that keeps me full, sorry I am not much help.

Do you eat your egg cold at lunch?

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I did eat my egg cold at lunch – it didn’t bother me!

And the gas station is literally 3/4 of a mile away from my house. I was okay!

Khushboo April 11, 2012 at 6:57 am

I’ve been switching up breakfasts too because I’m outta Sunwarrior…without it my overnight oats just ain’t the same! Today was a pancake morning and I loved the switch up- such a nice change to have a cooked breakfast on a weekday!

I know you’re bored of oats but try this combo:

Mix Greek yogurt, soy milk, oats, chias, raisins and cinnamon and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, top with vanilla Sunwarrior, peanut butter, flaked almonds & strawberries! –> divine!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm

That sounds good – I’ve never done overnight oats with yogurt before!

Simply Life April 11, 2012 at 7:00 am

oh that bagel sandwich looks incredible! great idea!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Thanks – I’m thinking I might make one for lunch again tomorrow!

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! April 11, 2012 at 7:01 am

I love skillet meals like that! Especially with beans! They always get so crispy on the outside and warm and soft on the inside! So good!

char eats GREENS April 11, 2012 at 7:05 am

Horseradish hummus…ahhhh that sounds so good. When is Trader Joe’s coming to Canada! I was so jealous when the husband was in Arizona and at Trader Joe’s. He kept sending me all these pictures of their products. Maybe 10 years from now, we’ll finally get some lol

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I will keep my fingers crossed that TJ’s comes your way!

kelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:14 am

I like making microwaveable cakes out of different flours….buckwheat, almond, coconut…and adding protein powder, fruit, and nut butter!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Someone else suggested that as well – thanks!

Laura April 11, 2012 at 7:15 am

I have been obsessed with quinoa for breakfast lately! I cook up a big batch at the start of the week then in the mornings I heat up cooked quinoa and a few spoons of quinoa flakes with rice milk in the microwave, then mix in a scoop of protein powder and chia seeds and top with banana, berries and nut butter! I guess it’s like porridge but I’ve never eaten real porridge before :/ haha.

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:46 pm

That sounds good – thanks for the suggestion Laura!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 11, 2012 at 7:17 am

The pineapple and mango looks delicious right now – my fruit stash at home is pretty pathetic!

katie April 11, 2012 at 7:23 am

Those pancakes look amazing! I have to try them!

Happy Wednesday love! <3

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Yes you do! We have to catch up too btw. I swear I have been reading every one of your posts – it’s just usually on the fly and on my phone!

chelcie @ chelcie's food files April 11, 2012 at 7:25 am

mm everything sounds delicious!

Brittany (Delights and Delectables) April 11, 2012 at 7:25 am

That rice looks delicious! I need to try it out. I love buckwheat bakes in the mornings!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:47 pm

You’re the third person to recommend those!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy April 11, 2012 at 7:32 am

The sandwich you had for lunch looks so good! By the way, I ended up getting Chipotle yestesrday instead of eating my packed lunch. I needed a break from the office anyway :) .

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:47 pm

haha the powers of persuasion!

Sara @my less serious life April 11, 2012 at 7:33 am

horseradish hummus sounds fantastic! seriously craving that lunch sandwich!

Leah @ Chocolate and Wild Air April 11, 2012 at 7:37 am

Yum, that sandwich looks great!! I always go for smoothies in the morning, when I can’t make up my mind, and just throw a bunch of things in the blender

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:48 pm

I can’t do smoothies in the morning – i have to chew. I’m so weird.

Tiff April 11, 2012 at 7:42 am

Protein oats are one of my fav healthy breakfasts. I’ve had them daily for a few weeks now. (cross your fingers I don’t get tired of them)

Thanks for letting me know about Udi’s bagels. I like their buns, but I haven’t tried their other stuff yet.

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:48 pm

I didn’t get sick of oats until I hit the 5 year mark – you might have some time left. ;)

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon April 11, 2012 at 7:48 am

Ooh I want to try that ruby rice!!
And let’s see…breakfast…
I’ve been eating toast with a mashed banana/almond butter/vanilla extract/almond milk spread and sliced strawberries for about a month! But, that is not quite gf friendly…

I also like making a big batch of Ashley’s oat flour or buckwheat bakes and throwing them in the freezer to heat up in the toaster for breakfast.

Or loaded up banana soft serve for breakfast is always fun :)

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:49 pm

If I had some GF toast, it would be!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List April 11, 2012 at 7:58 am

We went to the Titanic exhibit a few years ago in Denver! It was AMAZING – I’m such a sucker for history. Loved looking at the hairbrushes and jewelry…the little lifestyle things.

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I want to goooooooo!!!!

Parita @ myinnershakti April 11, 2012 at 7:58 am

I think you had a picture of those pancakes in your weekend picture post. I couldn’t tell what they were at the time and thought they were sweet potato rounds with some kind of sauce on top…not even close! Ha!

And my favorite breakfast is cookie dough protein cereal (via Gina). SOOO good and filling!

natalie @ southern fit foodie April 11, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Yes!!! Cookie dough cereal is one of my favorites!!!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I FORGOT ABOUT COOKIE DOUGH CEREAL!!! I love it!!!

Lindsey April 11, 2012 at 8:08 am

I have too many to list – but some are: smoothie bowls, banana breakfast bakes (topped with yogurt and nut butter), Greek yogurt bowls with nut butter, cereal/granola, and fruit, wraps with but butter and banana grilled, thin bun sandwiches with apples, nut butter and flax grilled… see too many!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:50 pm

You are quite the versatile morning eater!

Amanda April 11, 2012 at 8:21 am

Oh my. Alter Eco chocolate is my one true love. Did they send you the quinoa chocolate bar? Because seriously, I am OBSESSED with those. They have a new flavor – I think it’s dark chocolate toffee coconut? If you don’t have a sample of that, run out and find one. I shed a tear with every single bite.

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:50 pm

YESSSS – to both of them. They are both delicious!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries April 11, 2012 at 8:34 am

i’m totally a sweet kinda girl in the morning too (again, not me, my food ;) ). my breakfasts usually rotate between stovetop oatmeal, overnight oats, or pancakes. i try a bunch of different pancake recipes so i don’t get bored with them. you could make some sort of bread or muffins to give you some more options!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I have been finding out we are far too similar!!!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile April 11, 2012 at 8:37 am

I definitely go through phases with my breakfast. I had oatmeal like every single day in the past and now I barely even eat oatmeal, I’m sure it’ll be back soon. But lately I like pancakes or yogurt. I need to get my hands on some Udi’s bagels!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I bought mine from TJ’s!

Faith @ For the Health of It April 11, 2012 at 8:48 am

I’m boring with my breakfasts – eggs, yogurt, oatmeal…there’s only so much you can do :/ Maybe crepes? Thin out your pancakes a bit and roll it around a cottage cheese/jam mixture?

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:54 pm

That’s a great suggestion! Thanks Faith!

holly April 11, 2012 at 9:08 am

first, i hope alter eco sent you their quinoa chocolate BECAUSE IT TASTED LIKE A HEALTHY CRUNCH BAR!

second, my favorite breakfast as of late is vanilla Greek yogurt, peanut butter puffins and banana. i also enjoy me lots of coffee to go along with that :)

have a lovely day my dear chelsey!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:54 pm

THEY DIDDDDD!!! And their new coconut toffee bar. Oh. My. Gosh. And I love puffins – but the only ones I can have are their honey rice ones. I’ll take it.

You have a lovely day as well!

Maggie April 11, 2012 at 9:09 am

Besides oats I like making pancakes (there are so many different recipes!), greek yogurt bowls with granola and lots of different fruits, and french toast! You could try smoothies maybe? I’ve never been a big smoothie person at breakfast though because no matter how much I put into them, I just don’t feel full after! I guess it just doesn’t seem like a full breakfast to me :D

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I like to chew in the morning! :)

Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) April 11, 2012 at 9:22 am

Oh those mini sweet peppers are SO good! And they’re pretty, too. Did you hear about the cruise that left last week that is a Titanic memorial cruise? They’re following the same path and packed with Titanic relatives. Crazy.

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:55 pm

YES! I think it is so incredibly cool!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen April 11, 2012 at 9:40 am

I did know that about the Titanic actually! Mainly b/c guess what day it sank?…My birthday which also happens to be the same day Lincoln got shot. Woohoo!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Oh that’s such a damper on such a wonderful day.

Christina April 11, 2012 at 10:06 am

I feel like watching Titanic now. One of my all time faves.
My recent breakfast obsession is Cinnamon Pecan Special K (I know, I know…too processed, but so yummy) with fresh strawbs, bloobs and Vanilla, Cococut, Almond Milk. It gets me outta bed in the morning for sure.
Made Greek Yog Pancakes for the first time this weekend with my fiance, and they were spectacular. Had the last of the leftovers this morning. Yum!
Looking to incorporate quinoa into the routine, soon.

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Everyone has their cereal they love!

Stephanie Godfrey April 11, 2012 at 10:30 am

I LOVE this protein pancake:

1/2 cup oats
1 scoop vanilla protein
6 T liquid eggs
1/4 cup milk of choice

Mix together and make one large pancake!! Top with pb and bananas! So delicious!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I’m a fan – will definitely try it out!

Missy April 11, 2012 at 10:39 am

Breakfast suggestion….since you are eating eggs now…

Try some “sweet” egg creations. I happen to love the combo of egg whites, apples, cinnamon, and stevia with almond butter. I heat the apples.

Alos you can make an omelete type of deal with nuts and fruit or jam or…use your imagination. my point being…eggs can be sweet thing, too.

and you know what? ive been reading for..gah…a LONG time and i can’t recall many cereal bowls up on CEC. How about a bowl of granola and almond milk? you could even heat it!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I feel like granola wouldn’t fill me up in the morning – eggs though, I could do that!

Missy April 12, 2012 at 9:03 am

okay so i HAD to come back this morning after i saw this:

Sweet Potato Breakfast Salad with Almond Butter Protein Dressing

Averie @ Averie Cooks April 11, 2012 at 10:40 am

Mini sweet peppers and pineapple and mango….you were raiding my refrigerator drawer :)

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I love those mini peppers – they’re so incredibly cute!

jill April 11, 2012 at 10:50 am

Maybe, you’ve got a bun in the oven :) ??!!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:58 pm

ha! I knew it was only a matter of time before someone brought that one up. The answer would be… no. Still working on getting everything regulated!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life April 11, 2012 at 10:58 am

I’ve been on a protein pancake kick lately too! I’ve posted vegan pumpkin protein pancakes and banana protein pancakes, which are my FAVOURITE. The banana ones are below – I make them half coconut flour half regular flour so I’m sure you could replace the regular flour with a gluten-free mix! Hope you love :)

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Thanks Anna! I’m checking those out right now!

Christine H April 11, 2012 at 11:19 am

I eat organic cream of buckwheat with a banana (and sometimes with strawberries) every morning but I mix it up with Trader Joes’s gluten free waffles (yumm-0) and veggie omelete. Love love TJ’s hummus with horseradish.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 11, 2012 at 11:23 am

I don’t know if I can help you out with breakfast because my favourite breakfast is oatmeal! :P But I’m also a big fan of having Greek yogurt with Kashi cereal, a banana and berries!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 6:59 pm

ha! Your oatmeal always does look really good!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance April 11, 2012 at 11:32 am

What about some French toast in the morning? Orrrr a smoothie? Orrrr cereal & turkey bacon (my personal favorite!) Orrrr cereal & tempeh bacon if you don’t like turkey ;)

And no shame in eating the whole bar! I intended on having a few pieces of a full sized dark chocolate bar last week and somehow it magically disappeared before my eyes… 8)

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I’ve never done french toast actually – that should change!

Per the smoothie, I have to chew in the morning!

Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles April 11, 2012 at 11:39 am

pineapples and mangos…..yum!!!!!

Jen@FoodFamilyFitness April 11, 2012 at 11:39 am

I love everything about the Titanic, any time there is anything Titanic related on TV or to read about, it will be mine :)
My favorite breakfast is eggs and toast, simple and delicious.

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I’m a history channel buff too – I find it fascinating!

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! April 11, 2012 at 11:43 am

random skillet dinners are my favorite. I love when they work! Also that rice looks fantastic.
I’m the kind of person that gets sick of a breakfast if I eat it more than two days in a row, haha. So I have tons in the rotation – yogurt bowls with cereal and other goodies, fruit with nut butter (in a bowl or sandwich form), french toast, quinoa bowls (if you like your oats, but with a quinoa base instead!), sweet brown rice bowls (rice pudding, basically), smoothies, popped amaranth, smoothies…the possibilities are endless!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:02 pm

You have such a great variety of breakfasts!

Brandi April 11, 2012 at 12:13 pm

My favorite?? Has to be gluten free toast, nut butter and a banana. This morning it was 1 slice of GF toast, 1 organic egg and some spinach, and 1 slice of turkey bacon. Yum!!!

Have a great day!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Sounds delish!

elise April 11, 2012 at 12:26 pm

i keep meaning to get some of the red rice in the bulk bins at our co-op. this may have finally convinced me.
ps im going to DC later this month and i just found out theres a titanic exhibit – sooo excited!! [im a geek]

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:03 pm

It was sooo good.

And please take pictures – i want to live vicariously through you!

Kate April 11, 2012 at 12:42 pm

The Titanic sank on my birthday 100 years ago. That was a fun fact everyone liked to remind me of the first time that movie came out, so I guess now I’m ahead of the game.

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:03 pm

You’re the second person to say that!!!

Talia @ Bite Size Wellness April 11, 2012 at 12:46 pm

My favorite breakfast is Chobani yogurt. I never get sick of it because the flavors always change, but I am also a huge fan of english muffins and eggs. Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean just did a post about making your own breakfast burrito and it made me remember my favorite…La Favorita. If you have them at your grocery store they are a healthy burrito option. Otherwise, make your own!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I do love me some CHO!!!

Amber K April 11, 2012 at 1:01 pm

I eat overnight oatmeal every single morning (and have for probably two years by now) so I’m no help.

But I just have to say that I’m so glad you’re teaching about the Titanic! After reading about all of those “dude, did you know that the Titanic actually happened?” and “Titanic isn’t just a movie? #mindblown” tweets I was wondering what was wrong with our schools!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Shut up – I can’t believe some people are so ignorant! ha!

Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection April 11, 2012 at 1:16 pm

A breakfast mix I’ve been loving lately: raspberries and blueberries (I just defrost frozen ones), cooked quinoa, granola or cereal, cinnamon, nutmeg, pb2 or almond butter, and almond milk!

Kelly April 11, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Favorite breakfasts, in no particular order:

–> 3 hard boiled egg whites

–> Overnight Oats (I got the recipe from some nifty blog… ;-) ) with brown sugar, almond butter, and whatever else looks good

–> Greek yogurt with granola

–> Cold pizza

I’m so going to try your sandwich—it looks ahhhmazingly good.

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I love cold pizza! I’m so glad I’m not the only one!

Kelly April 11, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Rice cake with Sunflower Seed Butter on it..– since this is my new obsession. Also- I lauged out loud and shared with Leanne about your sweets in the morning comment. Loved it. (And can vouche for the truth in it)

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:07 pm

yeah yeah yeah – don’t act like you know me!!!

ps – so excited for our date next weeeek!

Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat April 11, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I have to say that oatmeal protein pancakes are my favorite… but I have been getting an upset stomach lately after breakfast so I might lay off the oatmeal for a week and see how it goes. I’ve been having eggs and Ezekiel toast topped with all natural peanut butter or egg white, veggie and sweet potato scrambles. I LOVE sweet potatoes so this one is way up my alley!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Oh no! I wonder what is making your stomach hurt!

Kait April 11, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I absolutely LOVE Alter Eco products! I’m super excited that you are spreading the word. I think you’ve officially inspired me to feature them in my P:FB post this week…

PS those pancakes look incredible!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Their products are the bomb dot com. and yes, I totally did just say that.

Kait April 12, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Haha totally acceptable, but only because it is 100% true!

Lisa April 11, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I just made a coconut oatmeal breakfast that rocks. It’s on todays WIAW post if you want to have a look. Otherwise I love protein pancakes. Don’t you love roasted green beans?! They taste like fries, so good.

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I will have to go check it out!

And I do love roasted beans – I eat them like fries… with my hands. No joke.

Cali April 11, 2012 at 2:38 pm

yum, I want to try those pancakes! I always switch it up in the morning. Protein muffins with fruit, yogurt bowls, granola and fruit, french toast, bagel with pb and jam or banana, toast and toppings, and of course waffle sandwiches which are super portable too :) Oh and how can I forget smoothies, perfect summer breakfast!

kaity April 11, 2012 at 3:39 pm

i feel you with the breakfast! i usually am one of those people that walk straight to the stove wen i wake up to make my breakfast and lately im just not wanting really anything i usually have (smoothies and oatmeal) so i been boring with a banana cut up in a little almond milk with some shredded coconut and ground flax and its like a “lightened up” cereal and hits the spot especially with the nice weather coming and its actually filling!

Emilia April 11, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Looks like a yum day of eats! The dinner looks delicious, especially the green beans (I love green beans). One of my favorite breakfasts, albeit one that I rarely make, is definitely baked oatmeal. Perhaps a mid-point between pancakes and oatmeal? I’m pretty much in a permanent oatmeal for breakfast rut, not that I’m complaining!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Baked oatmeal sounds delish! I could totally make it while I’m getting ready for work!

natalie @ southern fit foodie April 11, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I go through breakfast phases – in the fall and winter all I ever want is a bowl of hot oats, and then when it starts to warm up outside I switch to smoothies and overnight oats. However, lately I’ve been making a batch of mini frittatas on Sunday and enjoying them for breakfast throughout the week. Stuffed French toast is always a good sweet breakfast, too!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:09 pm

What do you stuff your french toast with?

natalie @ southern fit foodie April 11, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Whatever sounds good at the moment – usually something like almond butter and fruit preserves, or my favorite – dark chocolate almond butter and banana slices!

Mia April 11, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Lately, I do a fruit and veggie smoothie in the mornings (1/2 banana, handful of strawberries, 1 carrot, handful of spinach or broccoli, other random fruits, OJ) with a whole wheat English muffin and jam.

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Sounds good, but I have to chew in the morning! ;)

Mia April 11, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Haha. I hear you! Its amazing how much of a difference adding an English muffin (also not a meal by itself) or a whole piece of fruit on the side makes. I cannot communicate to you how much I love eating. I also love fitting in my clothes. But I actually end up amazingly full by adding the muffin. I’m starving still without it.

donna April 11, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Hi Chelsea,
My FAVORITE morning breakfast is a Juice Plus+ Complete (chocolate fudge is my FAVORITE) Smoothie with freshly ground flax seeds, a tbl of Brewers Yeast (B vits), green tea leaves (trust me on this), frozen bananas and 1 tbl of cashew or almond butter. It is to DIE for! Hope that helps!
Blessings & Best of Health!
Donna

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:10 pm

My mom loves Juice Plus!

donna April 11, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Oops!!! Spell check didn’t work – sorry Chelsey!!!!

cleaneatingchelsey April 11, 2012 at 7:10 pm

no problem – thanks for coming back! ;)

Meg April 11, 2012 at 6:10 pm

loved seeing your eats girl :) very inspiring! I have mini peppers in my fridge right now too and they were in my WIAW post too! So sweet!!!!! :) I could have ate the whole bag ;)

Lately I have been having oats for breakfast, so I am really not much help at all :( But, I do like the looks of your pancakes! I need to give those a try! XO

Haley April 11, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Hi Chelsey! You don’t know me but I love reading your blog everyday. My favorite breakfast is Nancy’s lowfat cottage cheese mixed with grapes. Then a bowl of Kashi Golean Crunch with soymilk on the side. This breakfast is so tasty and keeps me energized!

Allison@commitcomplete April 11, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Greek yogurt with cinnamon, sugar or stevia, and a drop of vanilla extract.

melissa April 12, 2012 at 9:52 am

Hi Chelsey,
Our school district is on spring break this week and I am having a blast cooking up a bunch of your recipes. I just tried the pancakes this morning! AMAZING! I do have to say that the banana sauce was my favorite!!! YUMMMY!!!!!
THanks so much!!! :) melissa

Heather V April 12, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Your dinner looks delicious! So does that chocolate bar :) My favorite breakfasts are Greek yogurt with homemade granola, fruit, and a drizzle of honey, homemade whole wheat waffles with a little butter and maple syrup, and homemade blueberry muffins (healthied up, of course!) Just think: it’s almost summer!

stacey April 13, 2012 at 2:51 pm

i have been eating STUFT MAMA’s protien cookie every morning for at least a week. This thinkg keeps me full for at least 4 hours. It’s crazy.
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup brown rice
2 T applesouce
1 scoop protien powder
1 T peanut butter
1/2 T chia seeds
mix it all together, add 1 more T of PB on the top then melt a square of semisweet choc and top it all off. you can either eat it immeadiately or set it in the fridge while you get ready. Quite addictive.

Amy @ A Little Nosh April 17, 2012 at 3:47 am

Overnight oats with banana and peanut butter. Can’t get enough of it!