fun facts friday

November 2, 2012

1. How is it already November? I’m at a loss. However, I do have to say I hope November goes by fast. I want to get to December already!!! I’m a Christmas (and Winter Break) lover.

2. Is it bad that for the last week or so that every single day I look at the 10 day forecast and hope for snow? Yeah, too early… I know. BUT, one year it did snow on Halloween. A girl can dream.

3. I’m going out to celebrate Katie’s birthday tomorrow!!! I’m pretty much (okay totally) excited to get my dance on!

4. Yesterday I went out to lunch with my mom and the baby, and she thought she was sooo funny because we were laughing when she was chomping down on an orange. Then every single time she took a bite, she started laughing. I thought I was going to die from her cuteness.

5. The last two nights I was able to go home and just hang out/relax/watch tv/whatever. It’s the first time in I don’t even know HOW long I’ve done that. It felt so stinkin’ good.

6. The sky yesterday. Oh my goodness. #gorgeous

7. Have I mentioned I have the best students in the world? I told them on Wednesday that Reese’s are my favorite. This is was I was greeted with yesterday morning.

8. Since the majority of us love pumpkin so much, I thought this was a funny one…

douche-latte

9. I spent far too much time looking at those auto correct sites last night. Oh my gosh, my abs hurt from laughing.

10. I’m going through a Starbuck’s drive-thru withdrawal. Seriously. I miss sipping a hot coffee (or cold, whatever) with a pump of pumpkin on my way to work every day. ::sigh:: I wish it were worth the $20 a week. That’s it. I’m getting one tomorrow.

11. My parents are off to Mexico tomorrow. How. Rude. Don’t they know they should take their middle born? Gosh, they never think of me. ::kidding::

12. Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness November 2, 2012 at 6:54 am

Aww what sweet students you have! Maybe I need to start telling people reeses are my favorite too! And now that I know they’re gluten free!! That picture of the sky is unbelievable! What an amazing moment to capture! Happy Friday!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Yeah, it was kind of a bad thing for me to figure that out! ;)

Michelle@Peachy Palate November 2, 2012 at 7:10 am

Oh my god your students are so cute!!! That’s so nice of them! I take it that was from their Halloween stash?! :) Have a great weekend…hope you get in some more cute baby time, nothing beats it!! :)

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:12 pm

It was! :)

Lauren November 2, 2012 at 7:23 am

Yes, I totally think you should start doing Starbucks’ Fridays! It IS worth the money. :) At least that’s what I keep telling myself to ease the pain on my wallet.
Happy Friday love!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I knooooow, it is worth it. I got it yesterday and today. whoops. I blame today on being hung over. I’ve been trying not to go there because I’ve been avoiding soy, and I always get the soy milk!

Emily November 2, 2012 at 7:57 am

I am also going to celebrate Katie’s bday tomorrow! I look forward to finally meeting you!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:20 pm

:) It was good meeting you, Emily!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots November 2, 2012 at 8:01 am

haha that text message!! Your students are the best!!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:20 pm

They really are!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 2, 2012 at 8:15 am

Haha I watched the video of Aubrey and she is clearly trying to join in the laughing fun. I feel like she wanted to laugh with you!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:20 pm

lol – it’s been four days and I still watch it and laugh.

christina November 2, 2012 at 8:45 am

Awesome auto correct. Love all the Reese’s. Mmmm! Happy Friday

Brittany @ Barr & Table November 2, 2012 at 8:46 am

I know it’s totally not the same thing, but check this out.. http://www.amazon.com/Torani-Pumpkin-Spice-Syrup-750mL/dp/B001D630KW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351863812&sr=8-2&keywords=pumpkin+torani (They also have sugar free!)

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Thanks!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance November 2, 2012 at 8:49 am

Wow–that is a super gorgeous picture of the sky!

Natalie @ Free Range Human November 2, 2012 at 9:02 am

You do have some great students! I’m glad I’m not the only one who loves snow :)

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:21 pm

I don’t love the way the driving conditions become, but snow makes everything feel so cozy!

char eats greens November 2, 2012 at 10:10 am

Mmm, pumpkin douche haha. I love autocorrects. I seriously laugh so hard I cry sometimes. I’ll pretend like I don’t look at them while I’m alone either, because then I would just be super cool.

I’m jealous of your free evenings. I’m *trying* to power through an assignment right now, so I have the evening off (can’t you tell? That’s why I’m commenting on blogs instead haha)

Have a great weekend!!!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Didn’t you know that commenting on blogs is a requirement for school? ;) And my sister loves sending me pictures of DYAC that she thinks is funny. Typically it’s on Tuesday nights when I’m in class and then I have to suppress my laughter and try not to pee my pants.

Kelsey November 2, 2012 at 10:16 am

I agree – it’s so nice to have something warm to sip on while you’re driving early in the morning!

When I think about spending so much on a Starbucks drink, I have to realize that it’s not just for the drink; it’s for the whole experience! Haha that sounds stupid… But do you know what I mean? It’s about the cute cup, the free wifi, the warm feeling of having something to sip on while you’re stuck in traffic, the smile from a barista at 5:30 in the morning. It’s totally worth the $20 a week!

Have a great weekend, Chels!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:26 pm

It is for the whole experience, you’re right! ;)

Heather V November 2, 2012 at 10:23 am

Your students are so sweet! They must just love you. My cousin teaches in the Chicagoland area, and I love hearing her teaching stories. I cracked up at the pumpkin douche thing, autocorrect fails are my fave.

I’ve been making coffee and using the Coffee-Mate Pumpkin Spice creamer – it’s not quite Starbucks and it’s not the healthiest thing in the world, but it’s really good! If you ever go to Panera, try one of their Pumpkin Pie bagels with New York Style Cheesecake Cream Cheese… or don’t, because they’re dangerous and you’ll have a new pumpkin craving ;)

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Sometimes you just need a little indulgence! :) And I wish I could eat a bagel – that whole gluten free thing really screws things up sometimes!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 2, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I’m hoping November goes by quickly too because I’m already getting super excited for Christmas. They already had a whole bunch of Christmas stuff up in the stores the last time I went shopping and it seriously made me giddy. Can.not.wait.

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I know – I’m like a little kid!!

Lisa November 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Awe your kids sound so precious! How nice:) I’m the same with the snow, I keep on hoping for it…but then I realize Victoria never gets snow…so that would just be a huge joke is it snowed now. When I went into Starbucks (alone I must add), I shrieked out loud and embarrassed myself since they were all set up with their Christmas decorations and had holiday cups! Now you have to go to Starbucks, solely for that reason. Auto correct is the best site ever.

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:29 pm

hahaha! I did go this weekend just for that reason!

Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) November 2, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I try to forbid myself from going to autocorrect websites! Somehow my hours disappear there…

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Ugh, I know. It’s the worst!!! However, I just tell myself that it’s therapy since I laugh so much!

Annette@FitnessPerks November 2, 2012 at 12:53 pm

That is SO sweet of your students!!

I agree-how rude that your parents did let you tag along?!?

And I must check out that site. My husband and I love a good Internet laugh. Or an hour of ‘em. ;)

Brandy November 2, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I am soooo excited for snow, I wish for it everyday and people think i’m crazy!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:30 pm

:) No shame!

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily November 2, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Gorgeous sky picture!!!! My kids were too funny about making sure they grabbed enough of their teacher’s favorite candy to take to them on Thursday.

I’m actually excited for snow this year, last year was such a dud…bring it!!!!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I know, last year was lame. Apparently this winter is looking better for the midwest!

Allison@commitcomplete November 2, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Go buy yourself your own bottle of pumpkin syrup! Starbucks sells their pumpkin sauce on their website.

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I should do that… although it could get dangerous! ;)

Giselle@ahealthyhappyhome November 2, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Awww… that makes me miss teaching a little. All those little gestures students do that just make your day :-) I’ve been making my own pumpkin lattes at home by heating unsweetened almond milk with stevia, a spoonful of pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice on the stovetop. Then I add it to my coffee and voila! Low calorie pumpkin spice latte! They taste pretty similar :-)

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Sounds delicious!

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale November 2, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Favourite moment: Pulling a Michelle Tanner!! Pretty sure “How rude!” made up the majority of my vocabulary from age 4-15.
Also, laughter is BY FAR my favourite ab workout — no counting or sweating required and you still get all the fun neurotransmitters flying through your brain (just different kinds!!). All the kids you mentioned sound ADORABLE and that sky is breathtaking!!
And, not going to lie, I would totally buy a pumpkin douche just to say that I had. ;)
Have a fabulous weekend, Chelsey!!! Hope you get some rest and good times in!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Thanks, you too! :)

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 2, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I can’t believe it is November, either. So crazy! Time is just flying. Um, your students are the BEST!!! Reese’s for the win ;D

Megan November 2, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Love your blog! You’ve inspired me to try clean eating. My latest blog post talks about my decision!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Thanks, Megan!

Kimberly November 3, 2012 at 6:58 am

From one teacher to another…

It’s never to early to wish for snow especially as a teacher! I’m already looking forward to hopefully more snow days this year!

And don’t you love students! I told mine my favorites are plain Hershey bars and Almond Joys…needless to say they came through for me too!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:33 pm

AMEN.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 3, 2012 at 7:18 am

I’m so excited for Christmas too! But now that it’s November I say it’s officially acceptable to start celebrating it. ;)

Also your students are the best! Darn why didn’t I go to teachers’ college instead of studying nutrition? :P

Have a great weekend!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:34 pm

haha! Too funny – maybe you can work with kids and tell them that you need all their reese’s!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:34 pm

or not because i wouldn’t want you to go into anaphylactic shock or anything.

Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 3, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Wow, being a teacher sure has it’s perks! I want someone to bring me a bunch of Reece’s cups!! ;)

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 4, 2012 at 11:19 am

I am a huge snow lover, which is quite ironic seeing as how I HATE being cold. I just prefer to look at it falling from the comfort of my warm home! ;) I cannot wait for the first snowfall this year, and after last year’s mild winter I want a REAL snowfall….2 inches doesn’t count!

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:37 pm

I hate being cold too – the snow makes me feel so cozy!

Caitlin @ livelovenyc November 4, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Reeses are totally my favorite too! have you ever tried Justin’s peanut butter cups? they’re on a whole new level of awesomeness.

cleaneatingchelsey November 4, 2012 at 7:37 pm

YES! They’re so delicious!

Brittany November 4, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Auto correct photos NEVER fail to make me laugh. You were blessed by the Reese’s angels!

Cait the Arty Runnerchick November 4, 2012 at 7:10 pm

haha…awww, u’re small, i think u could smuggle urself in a duffel and try to sneak along with your parents for their trip! ;)

i can’t believe how fast this year has flown by…but then it seems like i said that last year too. hope u’re having a wonderful weekend!