fun facts friday

December 28, 2012

1. My family and friends know me way too well. I think I racked in five or six Starbucks cards for Christmas. Best. News. Ever.

2. I can’t wait to tell you all next week about PV Body. I’m sure you’ve heard about it over the past few weeks on other blogs, but I am pumped about their service! Check out the cute tank I was sent to try out – it’s super long which I love!

image

3. Are you aware that the new Love Grown product reveal is TODAY at 12 PM Mountain Standard Time? You better follow Love Grown on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest to get the good news in all forms of social media! They sent me some samples earlier this week, and you GUYS – you’re going to love it!

4. Did you hear the good news? Katie has added an addition to her family. I told her she should name it Vivien – for the sake of alliteration. Vivien the Vitamix! I can’t wait until she makes me smoothies. Because it will happen.

5. How could you not love this face? Girl is all sorts of drama but I can’t get over how caring and sweet she is to others. Plus, she’s adorable in her animal hat!

image

6. Obsessed.

source
(Thanks Mom!)

7. I started reading Dark Places! And it’s dark. Seriously – Flynn is so twisted!

8. I’m kind of sad that at this time last year I was getting excited to go to Disney World with my mom for my half marathon (slash mini vacation). We had such a fun time – you’re never too old for Disney!!! That reminds me that I need to go back and re-read those posts to live vicariously through myself.

9. Love this!

Pinned Image

source

10. ONLY 8 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE NEW SEASON OF DOWNTON ABBEY COMES ON!!!! Can you tell I’m excited?

11. Is anyone doing anything fun for New Years? The Husband and I tend to drop the ball on this occasion every year. Pun intended. I have no idea what we’re doing.

11. Have a great weekend everyone! Happy Friday!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 28, 2012 at 6:40 am

If you have too many Starbucks cards, feel free to send one or two my way. ;) Happy Friday! I am off from work today and am totally loving it. Pajamas and coffee for the win!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 28, 2012 at 8:53 am

haha no such thing!!!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 28, 2012 at 6:43 am

I can not WAIT for Downton! :) My Dad bought my mom the Season 3 DVD from BBC, and I’m debating if I want to watch it all at once or relish each episode one at a time!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 28, 2012 at 8:54 am

Oooo! I think I’m going to just enjoy it week by week on TV instead of buying the season.

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 28, 2012 at 6:44 am

I’m jealous of all your Starbucks gift cards — you can never have too many!

Is it bad that a big motivation behind me running the Disney Princess Half is the fact that I get to spend a weekend in Disney?! I’ve only recently realized that walking around the park post-race is probably going to be pretty painful… oh well!!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 28, 2012 at 8:54 am

It won’t be that bad! I actually walked around the parks for three days BEFORE

Linz @ Itz Linz December 28, 2012 at 6:49 am

We’re just doing dinner with some friends. We’re all amount low key NYE!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 28, 2012 at 8:55 am

I think that might be in our future as well!

Lauren December 28, 2012 at 6:59 am

I can’t believe NYE is in a few days. Crazy that it will be 2013! Although, I swear I thought it was 2013 for the past 6 months. :) Can’t wait for this year!!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 28, 2012 at 8:55 am

:) You and me both! It’s going to be a great one!

Angela @ Health's Angel December 28, 2012 at 7:08 am

I need to read Dark Places! I loved Gone Girl (like many did…) and I heard Dark Places is even better. Cherries on Snow smells so good! But I am in love with the Christmas at the Beach Yankee Candle. Maybe it’s on sale now…

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 28, 2012 at 8:55 am

My favorite of hers so far has been Sharp Objects!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 28, 2012 at 7:26 am

I got a starbucks gift card, too. Best gift ever! Loveee that 10 things photo!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots December 28, 2012 at 7:27 am

I can’t wait for Downton Abbey!!!! And we always just hang out on New Years and I love it!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 28, 2012 at 7:29 am

I got some Starbucks gift cards too! But we have 11 Starbucks on campus, so I have a feeling I’m going to blow through them pretty quickly. :P

I have no idea what I’m doing for NYE yet! Probably just something low key with my friends.

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 8:56 am

11?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! So so jealous!!!

Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries December 28, 2012 at 7:34 am

I have a Downton Abbey shirt that I will be wearing ALL DAY on January 6th!! I am SO excited. For NYE, we’re hosting a party for the first time ever. We never “go big” for New Years Eve, we normally just stay home. I’m so weird about NOT driving on that night. Better to just have people over, take keys, and drink in the privacy of our own home!

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 8:57 am

YOU HAVE A SHIRT?!?! Please tell me where you got it or buy me one for my birthday. :)

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 8:57 am

PS – If I lived by you, I would totally crash your party.

Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries December 28, 2012 at 8:59 am

PS – If you lived near me, you would have been invited.

Sara @ fitcupcaker December 28, 2012 at 8:04 am

No plans for new years yet! happy Friday!

Ali December 28, 2012 at 8:23 am

That infographic is great! So true… it’s great to be reminded of those things.

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 28, 2012 at 8:54 am

I don’t have NYE plans yet either…actually not feeling anything big. Probably just a low-key night with the boy!

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 8:57 am

I think that’s what we’re going to do too!

Melanie Zimmerman December 28, 2012 at 9:16 am

I’m running the Princess Half for the first time this year- I love winter but can’t wait to leave PA for FL in 55 days!! :) I just ran my first half in October but this one should be super fun- there are about 6 of us gym friends along with our friends and families going down all on the same plane (maybe 30 people total!!)!! FUN!! :D

Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 28, 2012 at 9:41 am

I actually have no idea what I’m doing for NYE. I’m determined to do something because I slept through the last couple of years, but no promises that it’ll be exciting… I’ll probably just wake up 5 minutes before midnight, dance and sing for 10 minutes, and go back to sleep :P

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 28, 2012 at 9:52 am

First of all, I would spell it Vivian. With an A. Secondly, I searched Harry Potter characters and Voldemort is the ONLY character with a V at the beginning of their name. Ridic. And I would go to Disney with you, if you were paying…

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Oh, so sorry. And you’re welcome for sharing your news with others. ;)

Lisa December 28, 2012 at 10:26 am

I got basically the same amount of Starbucks cards! Clearly my friends and family know me too well! It’s my obsession. I have a vitamix and it’s the best investment I’ve ever made! I love that thing like a little baby. Well, maybe not quite. Dark places is insane right?! Oh man, it’s all kinds of twisted but I couldn’t put it down. I’m pretty excited for New Years even though I have no clue what to do yet!

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I do love Flynn! Have you read Sharp Objects? I think that one was my favorite!!

laura @ fitrunningmama.com December 28, 2012 at 10:59 am

Ugh New Years is so overrated. The hubs and I didn’t even attempt it this year or even look to get a sitter. We will happily be at home in our sweats and hanging out! Probably catching up on Season 2 of Homeland!

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 5:23 pm

No problem doing that!!!

Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family December 28, 2012 at 11:09 am

LOVE PV Body. Seriously so awesome.

Angela @ Beauty in Strength December 28, 2012 at 11:41 am

LOVE the ten things. Pinned.

Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 28, 2012 at 11:55 am

I just started another book by Flynn after reading Gone Girl… it’s called Sharp Objects. I was debating between that and Dark Places, so hopefully I will read that one next!

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 5:23 pm

LOOOOOOVED Sharp Objects!!! You’re going to flip over the ending.

kim@hungryhealthygirl December 28, 2012 at 12:44 pm

My husband and I usually drop the ball on NYE too! Oh well….I’m sure we’ll have a cozy evening in by the fire. Way to go on the Starbuck’s gift cards…lucky duck!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 28, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I think a small get-together at my brother’s is in the works for NYE. That’s how I like to keep it – simple and safe!

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 5:24 pm

agreed! The one time we did actually go out we had my mom pick us up! ;)

alyssa - life a la wife December 28, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I also got a vitamix! I need to name mine – Have any more name ideas up your sleeve?

NYE is so overrated and my husband and I are annoyed we committed to going to see Tiesto in Atlantic City. We rather do a dinner and go to bed #oldfarts

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Boooo – I hear ya!

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 5:25 pm

And Vitamix names?

1. Veronica
2. Victoria
3. Susan

(Susan is a favorite name of mine to name devices – like GPS’s and stuff! ;) )

Shel@PeachyPalate December 28, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Pinned the 10 things, great reminders! Happy Friday!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 28, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Love the 10 things you must give up. #3 really rings true to me, I am incredibly indecisive when it comes to certain goals/career paths. 2013 is my year to figure it out! I normally don’t go too crazy for NYE (no thank you $60 cover charges). But this year, me and my roommates are throwing a party. I think it might turn out to be accidentally huge. We’ll see!

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I’m pretty decisive over big things – it’s the little things that I’m indecisive about. Like where we’re going to eat for dinner! ;)

Danica @ It's Progression December 28, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I’m excited to read your thoughts on PV Body…I always have a hard time finding workout shirts that are long so that they actually stay put when I’m working out!

cleaneatingchelsey December 28, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I just realized I forgot to put up the picture!!! I’m going to add it in now.

Peyton December 28, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I was SO excited for Downton Abbey, too… until I accidentally spoiled what happens while watching some YouTube clips from season 1. BIG changes are coming!

Devon @ Health in Equilibrium December 28, 2012 at 11:02 pm

I LOVE that 10 things article so much!! That kind of rationale is exactly what I need to move forward in my life. Thank you so much for posting it!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 29, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Love #9! It is so perfect and inspirational for me at this time in my life. Thanks for sharing! :)

Khushboo December 30, 2012 at 8:23 am

For once, England is not behind the US with tv shows thanks to Downton Abbey. I just finished the season you’re starting and let me tell you- it is amazing!!

Amber K December 31, 2012 at 9:43 pm

My husband and I are going to our favorite bar for New Year’s Eve. It’s our dating anniversary (10 years this year!) and I’m super excited. :)