fun facts friday

March 1, 2013

1. You know what rocks? Having an awesome husband. He worked almost all night on Tuesday/Wednesday to snow plow. Yet, when I got home from work on Wednesday, the house was still straightened up and there was laundry done. The best.

2. I decided who I want my next BFF to be. Freaking Jennifer Lawrence. She is hilarious, and I think she would be a fun girl to get a cocktail with. Plus I love her voice. She’s got that raspy thing going on. Think she’ll call me?

3. Why have we not found a way to teleport ourselves yet? It’s the 21st century for crying out loud! Although, I won’t be the one to do that – I’m not that smart. Any takers?

4. Today’s an institute day. Perk? 1:30 dismissal. Any other teachers out there with an institute day? I’m pretty sure today is either a state or a nationwide one.

5. Whyyyyy gluten, whyyyyy? I want to eat these so bad.

6. On Wednesday night I woke up in the middle of the night hungry. Whenever that happens, I have to eat or else I won’t fall asleep again. So I got up, microwaved myself a snack, and the Husband came BOUNDING in thinking there was an intruder or some sort (microwaving!?). He thought I was such a weirdo. I’m over it.

7. I have nothing else for you. I’m exhausted!

8. Happy Friday!

Emily @ Maple Miles March 1, 2013 at 6:05 am

I’m a new reader and wanted you to know how much I love your blog! I’m also a teacher (in NY)! I’m not sure what an institute day is but we have early dismissal for meetings all afternoon today. I actually like full days better–time with the kids is more fun and goes by faster than meetings! Happy Friday!

cleaneatingchelsey March 1, 2013 at 6:17 am

Thanks for reading Emily! An institute day is a professional development day – meetings!!!

Laura @ Fit Running Mama March 1, 2013 at 6:20 am

I love Jennifer Lawrence too!! Would love to go out with her!! Maybe she can show me her Katniss moves!!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 1, 2013 at 6:21 am

I’ve never heard of an institute day!

Jennifer March 1, 2013 at 6:22 am

Great….now I want donuts!!!! Thanks alot Chelsey!!!! =0) Happy Friday Friend!!! Enjoy your early dismissal!!

Nelly March 1, 2013 at 6:24 am

jennifer lawrence is freakin awesome. By far my fav actress

Linz @ Itz Linz March 1, 2013 at 6:39 am

we’ve had conferences all week but we don’t get out early or anything today.. itz been a long week! tgif

Amy @ Juice Boxes + Crayolas March 1, 2013 at 6:41 am

I’m an Illinois teacher too, but sadly we don’t have an institute day today–although I’m trying to frantically cram in tons of content before ISAT, so it’s probably good that we don’t!

Also, glad I’m not the only one who wakes up starving in the middle of the night and MUST get up and eat! Everyone I know thinks I’m completely weird because of that…

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance March 1, 2013 at 6:47 am

Yay for institute Days! Enjoy that early dismissal. Do you have Monday off? We do, and I can’t wait!

Lindsay's List March 1, 2013 at 6:54 am

mmm donuts.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 1, 2013 at 7:05 am

Wow, those donuts look AMAZING!! Everything that she posts always looks so good. I am sorry that you cannot partake in them :( . Are there any good gluten-free donuts out there??

Happy Friday! :)

Kim@hungryhealthygirl March 1, 2013 at 7:07 am

Love Jennifer Lawrence! Have a great weekend Chelsey!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 1, 2013 at 7:15 am

Jennifer Lawrence is hilarious!
And I love that story about your husband – I’m sure intruders get hungry too!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 1, 2013 at 7:51 am

It must be a state thing, because we still have school until 3:45, as usual :) . Enjoy your extra time off!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots March 1, 2013 at 8:17 am

I want to be Jennifer Lawrence so badly I love her!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 1, 2013 at 9:04 am

lol wouldn’t he have noticed that you weren’t in bed and clearly that’s who was in the kitchen?!!? Hahahahaha

Kate March 1, 2013 at 9:08 am

I have a full blown girl crush on Jennifer!!! And you are in Chicago? I am too….pray for snow!

Lauren March 1, 2013 at 9:52 am

SOOO EXCITED TO SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!!

Ashley @ Life and Fitness March 1, 2013 at 10:13 am

I felt so bad for Jennifer Lawrence at the Oscars!!! That is beyond embarrassing, but if anyone can pull it off, she can.

Lisa March 1, 2013 at 10:20 am

The worst is getting hungry in the middle of the night! Major pet peeve, and why I always snack before bed.
I love Jennifer Lawrence too, I’m convinced if she wasn’t famous we’d be awesome friends. I mean she’s klutzy, so am I. I’m odd and so is she, but after that I’m not too sure we have all that much in common;)

Ashley March 1, 2013 at 10:53 am

Love Jennifer Lawrence! She is fantastic. I’m super jealous of your early ending day, today hasn’t gotten off to a great start for me and I am soooooooooo ready for the weekend. Soon enough, soon enough…

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily March 1, 2013 at 12:18 pm

My kids have the day off today for teacher record’s day and I also have their parent teacher conferences this afternoon. Enjoy your afternoon!

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola March 1, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I think Jennifer Lawrence is awesome too- I loved how in that clip she said that she felt like they were picking people to make fun of her– she’s just so honest! Did you see the clip of her and Jack Nicholson? So funny!

Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me March 1, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I want to be JLaw’s BFF too!!! check out this post if you love her haha it’s great :)

Bryn March 1, 2013 at 3:41 pm

omg those donuts! i have been sitting in my office fantasizing about gluten-free cinnamon raisin toast all afternoon…

Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny March 1, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I’m a fairly new reader – and I love your blog!! Gluten is the bane of my existence…I want a donut so bad!

Kelly @ Leafy Not Beefy March 1, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Love #6 – haha :)
And some of those questions they asked Jennifer, lol..

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 1, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Haha I sometimes have to get up in the middle of the night to eat a snack too!

Also I feel your pain at not being able to eat delicious looking food. I hate that I will never get to try Reese’s PB cups or nutella. :P

Nicole March 1, 2013 at 6:36 pm

JL is a kick! Excited for her that she won this early in her career…hoping she keeps up the momentum!

Amber K March 1, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I feel like Jennifer Lawrence is one of the most down-to-earth people ever. Not just the most DTE actress, but the most DTE person…ever! She seems like she’d be so awesome to hang out with!

Anita Mohan March 2, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Everyone has a serious Jennifer Lawrence girl crush right now…such a funny interview. Check these two out..peelarious haha!

Julie March 3, 2013 at 4:31 pm

The problem for me with gluten is that in small doses I can tolerate it just fine – but those small amounts make me want more… which is usually a cause for allergies etc. Not fair! Great list and great blog… thanks, I enjoyed this post a lot!

Christine @ BookishlyB March 3, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Definitely not nationwide- I’m in CA and have never heard of an institute day! Which is unfortunate, because I’d love to send my kids home early occasionally.

Jan @ J Cooks Healthy March 4, 2013 at 3:32 am

I love Jennifer Lawrence, she rocks! I’ve only seen her in Hunger Games but can’t wait to see Silver Linings and the new Hunger Games movie once it is released.

Lauren March 4, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Love your blog! I’ve been reading for a few months now and finally started a blog of my own.
Anyways, I used to love institute days when I was in high school/grammar school! Get ready for more snow the next two days- my university already implemented a late start for their employees.