1. Three cheers for Friday!!! This week has gone pretty fast considering I was pretty bored at work before of standardized testing. I rejoiced yesterday afternoon when I actually got to teach the entire afternoon. I was so sick of sitting at my desk! My kids’ favorite part of the afternoon? Talking about one of our vocabulary words for our reading story this next week – mucus. You want funny? Get fifth graders to talk about boogers.
2. Speaking of standardized tests being over, I just feel so much better about life when they’re done. Not because I stress out about them at all, but because it signifies the down slope to the end of the school year. We only have TEN weeks left. That’s crazy! Yesterday we changed seats, cleaned the classroom, and opened the windows up to let some fresh air in. It felt good.
3. Done with teaching talk. Maybe.
4. Yesterday I tried the Chocolate Protein Macro Bar for the first time. Aaaaand I’m going to be honest – I wasn’t a fan. I ate it because I was starving, but it definitely wasn’t my favorite. I won’t be eating one again. Sorry Macro Bars, maybe another one of your flavors will wow me.
5. Who’s excited a few 50 degree days are in the 10 day forecast?!?! I love snow, but I am so ready for spring. I’d rather be walking Charlie outside in the fresh air than walking on the treadmill at the gym. It would make my life so much better.
6. You know what also makes me feel better? Highlights. Holy cow – I needed them so so bad. I don’t think I had gotten my hair highlighted since early November. It was bad.
7. I’m getting so excited for berry season. Recently they’ve actually tasted okay despite not being quite in season. I bought a pint of delicious blueberries last week (and they were eaten in about one sitting) and the Husband bought some strawberries last night. He was a little bit upset to find me scarfing down on his strawberries (for his smoothies) last night after dinner. I just can’t help myself!
8. After writing this post (Thursday night), I have a loooooong road of folding laundry ahead of me. It’s bad guys. You should see the guest room. The basket is full and so is the bed. I wish I would just learn and fold the clothes right when they come out of the dryer. After I fold it all (and maaaybe put it away), I’m rewarding myself with the juiciest pineapple ever. Sounds about right.
9. It’s the weekend – Happy Friday!!!!