fun facts friday

May 2, 2014

1. I have been having fun trying a lot of new recipes lately. My favorite?? Firecracker Chicken. Oh my gosh, you guys – it is THE BEST. I’m thinking about trying this Mexican chopped salad next week. Yum!

2. I started doing T25 last week. I’ve had kind of a rough start (a few busy weeks with work), so I am going to try to do a better job of sticking with the workouts next week. I really like them though – 25 minutes? I can do 25 minutes! (ps – I bought the program myself and any sort of review I give it is my own)

3. My next Stitch Fix is coming in 14 days – eeeeek! I am so excited I could burst. (side note: that is a referral link. If you sign up for Stitch Fix, you also get your own referral link to share with your friends!) I asked them to focus on summer clothes that i could wear while being out and about with the girls. I’m so excited to see what I get.

4. Is it me or does it seem like a ridiculous amount of bloggers are having babies? I think the months of April and May are super busy with new mommies! John’s cousin just had a baby a few weeks ago too, and I swear I don’t remember the girls being that tiny. It’s so funny how quickly you forget!

September 7, 2013 097
teeny tiny baby girls – they are SO much different now!

5. I bought a new powder foundation after reading one of my favorite blogs last week (hair do’s, makeup, and babies – some of my favorite things!). It’s by Tarte, and it’s just a little bit heavier than the Bare Minerals foundation I have been using for years.

6. The weekends in May are so busy this year! I’m out of town this weekend, next weekend is Mother’s Day, I have two weddings the following weekend, and then it’s Memorial Day! Talk about crazy!

7. You may or may not know my strong deep love for proper grammar. I know I make mistakes too, but improper grammar irks me to no end (even when I am the culprit). I want to buy this t-shirt.

source

Anyway, one thing that always gets me is "who versus whom". In fact, every year when I have to teach that to my 5th graders, I end up more confused than ever. One of my teammates found this video about who vs. whom – AND IT WORKS. I will never forget this trick ever for as long as I live.

8. Happy Friday!

Lauren May 2, 2014 at 6:05 am

I’ve heard really good things about T25. I think this may be my savior when trying to get back into shape post baby.

Hope you are well lady! Miss you always!

Parita @ myinnershakti May 2, 2014 at 6:15 am

Bad grammar irks me too! Also, nothing gets me more fired up than when adults write like this – “how r u” or “wuts up”…ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

And I’m doing T25 as well! Just finishing up week 2 but loving it so far!

Beks May 2, 2014 at 7:24 am

I’m a grammar nerd, too. I work in call quality, and frequently have to correct people’s grammar. I think it’s actually made me a bit twitchy. *twitch*

Linz @ Itz Linz May 2, 2014 at 8:06 am

haha i HATE improper grammar and spelling! my sister was joking around the other day on a group family text and was saying how she was so much smarter “then phil” (her husband) and i was like yeah not when you use the incorrect form of “than!” lol

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 2, 2014 at 8:44 am

I got a free stitch fix box (I think klout?) but they said they couldn’t send me my first box until June (this was like a month ago) because they were so backed up! DYING!

Shannon May 2, 2014 at 9:20 am

Oh gosh what a sweeeeeeeeeeeet pictures of those girls <3 Adorable.

And NEED that grammar shirt. Holy cats, so accurate!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 2, 2014 at 9:23 am

I totally need that shirt. I definitely judge people based on the way that they write and speak….which is probably not the greatest thing to do, but I cannot help it!

Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) May 2, 2014 at 11:11 am

I’m thrilled it’s May and finally time to have this BABY! :)

Also, pinned that firecracker chicken since you say it’s so good. Looking forward to trying it!

Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit May 2, 2014 at 11:31 am

T25, oh yes. Bad grammar, oh no!! TGIF

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 2, 2014 at 12:27 pm

I was just thinking the same thing about new babies being everywhere lately. It seems to totally go in spurts!

I’m with you on the grammar thing! I think I used to be worse, but it still bugs me to no end.

Aaaand I hope you show us your Stitch Fix goods!

Shel@PeachyPalate May 2, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Hope you enjoy your weekend of glamping!! That chicken looks AWESOME!

Amber K May 2, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Who or whom? Awesome! Now I’ll always know. Glad to see you blogging again :)

Erika May 2, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Lol I’ve always had issues with who vs whom too!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 3, 2014 at 6:47 am

It drives me nuts when people use certain words/phrases incorrectly. It’s like nooo, that’s not right! lol After taking a year away from teaching English, I’m back on the hunt for a teaching job–definitely pinned that YouTube video for future reference!

Sarah@creatingbettertomorrow May 3, 2014 at 7:15 am

LOVE T25! You should try 21 day fix next – it is 30 minutes a day and comes with food containers to help you with portion control.

Let me know what you think about your new makeup – I use bare minerals right now but need a bit more (just too intimidated with allthe choices!) coverage.

Jenn@Mark My Miles! May 4, 2014 at 4:54 am

Ha! Love that video. My husband has the same annoyance. I could be crying and emotional and using wrong grammar and he can’t help but correct me AND THEN comfort me…lol.

Presley @ Run Pretty May 7, 2014 at 10:05 am

dont loose you’re temper over grammer chels

It almost hurt to type that sentence.