roasted toasted dilly chickpeas

October 25, 2010

The other day when I posted the picture below, I was amazed at one of the comments I received about it.

October 24, 2010 002

healthyexposures
October 24, 2010 at 11:32 am · Edit

Are those roasted chickpeas in that first pic? With dill? It looks delicious, either way — can’t wait for the recipe!
I used to LOVE steel cut oats. If you want a quicker method — cook them in the water/milk the night before…but just bring them to a boil, shut off the heat, cover, and put on the back burner. While you sleep they pretty much cook, and then the next morning you just need to heat them up, takes about as much time (if not less) than old fashioned oats :) I need to bring them back in my life!!

October 24, 2010 001

Since Jess reads my mind now, I’m kind of scared (just joking). That or she’s just really good at recognizing spices.   But yes, these would be roasted chickpeas… with dill. But for my inner recipe titling passion, we’re going to call them Roasted Toasted Dilly Chickpeas.

By the way, have I told you this is going to be the easiest recipe you will ever make?

I’m not joking.

• 1 can chickpeas (drained, rinsed, and patted dry)
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • garlic powder
  • as much dill as you can possibly take

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.

Drain & dry your chickpeas

Toss in olive oil, garlic, and dill.

Spread on a greased baking sheet and top with even more dill.

If you think you put too much dill on and start to regret your decision, believe me. You haven’t.

Put more dill on.

Roast for 30-40 minutes stirring occasionally.

October 24, 2010 003

Devour! I have eaten them by themselves so far and on top of a salad. I am in love. I guess Jess is too.

Question: Have you ever made a recipe someone has told you was easy and it totally wasn’t? By the way, this is not one of them. :)

Shanna, like Banana October 25, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Those look FAB!

I just made salt and vinegar chickpeas this weekend they were so tasty!

Jenny October 25, 2010 at 3:54 pm

This looks so light and tasty! I will have to try this:)

Natalie October 25, 2010 at 4:59 pm

I’m always looking for a flavorful, protein-packed salad topper but have never tried baked chickpeas! I will have to try this.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 25, 2010 at 6:22 pm

I’m obsessed with dill, so I’d love this recipe! And I believe you when you say it’s easy. :D

Everyone says that omelets are easy, but mine always break and end up becoming a scramble haha.

Melissa- I Never Imagined October 25, 2010 at 6:44 pm

I can’t wait to make this! I’m super curious about the texture of the baked chickpeas, so I’ll have to get some asap! (Feel free to spoil the surprise!)

healthyexposures October 25, 2010 at 6:51 pm

hehe – I’m glad I was on point with that guess! I’m SOO glad you decided to let us in on the secret – I know I, for one, absolutely must try them. I bet with the dill, they’d be great on a salad with some homemade ranch dressing!!

Megan October 25, 2010 at 8:58 pm

Yummm I want these! I love that she knew it was dill =P

Amy @ Second City Randomness October 25, 2010 at 9:14 pm

I love me some roasted chick peas… they’re great for pretty much any meal… or in my crazy case- salad!!!

Lauren October 26, 2010 at 9:38 am

If I had chickpeas on hand I would make these right NOW and yes it is 8:40 in the morning.