fun facts friday

February 17, 2012

1. Have you entered my “Cooking Creations” contest yet? In case you missed it, it’s a blog recipe contest! All you have to do is read the directions on this post, link up, and wait to see if you’re the $100 winner!

2. Have you ever wondered if you have ever been pinned on Pinterest? Ever since Pinterest has taken the internet by storm, I’ve wondered myself. I forget whose blog I read this on (so if it was you, I would love to give you credit for telling me!), but all you need to do it type in the URL http://www.pinterest.com/source/YOURurlHERE. For example, for my pins, I would type in http://www.pinterest.com/source/cleaneatingchelsey.com — it’s basically awesome.

3. I have decided I really love almond butter. It only took me a few weeks of mourning my peanut butter to realize how good it is.

4. I participated in a Valentine’s Day Blog Swap that Christina put together last month. I received my present from Alex on Wednesday, and I can say that I absolutely adore my gifts. If you’ve never had this tea, it’s the best. It’s slightly sweet and perfect in the morning or right before bed.

February 16, 2012 002

And I obviously hate the chocolate.

February 16, 2012 004

5. I missed running for the first time in like a month today. It was a sad moment actually. I opened up my freezer, and the bag of peas staring back at me made me super disappointed. Weird connection, right? Well, I used to ice my legs with that bag of peas (and the Husband said we are never allowed to eat them since they’ve been defrosted so many times — really, I think he just hates peas). I thought about how accomplished I always felt after a long run when I would need those peas. I keep telling myself I will run again someday, and that it is not a big deal.

6. Have I mentioned I have a three day weekend starting today at 3:00? Thank God for President’s Day — I need another day to sleep in.

7. My mom went to Disney again this week (I know, right!??!?!), but this time for business. She brought me home cupcakes from BabyCakes, and the Husband forgot to pick them up from her house yesterday. I neeeeeed my cupcakes. Don’t you forget them again Husband!!!!

January 6, 2012 037

8. I think one of the main reasons I love acupuncture so much is because I get to sleep for 45 minutes on a Thursday afternoon when I would otherwise be at home working, cleaning, or making dinner. It’s a beautiful thing.

9. Our house smells, no reeks, of paint. The Husband has been working hard at repainting our bay window that had to be replaced in the fall — paint SMELLLLSSSS. And I’m pretty sure the Husband has been high from fumes for the last 4 days. It means he swoons over my cooking — I’ll take it.

10. Oh! I also have a giveaway going on for Rudi’s Gluten Free Bread!! Go enter here.

11. I really want savory oats for dinner tonight. It’s official. I’m counting down to dinner time.

12. Happy Friday!!!!!

Healthiful Balance February 17, 2012 at 6:08 am

You’ve got me craving savory oats for dinner now, too.
Have a nice weekend! :)

Nicole F February 17, 2012 at 6:10 am

I read on pinterest that if you put a tablespoon of vanilla extract in the paint bucket and mix really well to get rid of the fumes. I haven’t tried it but its worth a try!

Khushboo February 17, 2012 at 6:11 am

We have Monday off as well- thank goodness! Have a great weekend, Chelsey!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles February 17, 2012 at 6:23 am

You have some self control to not drive you little bum over to you mom’s and get those cupcakes and not eat them before you get back home. I guess it can be a Friday treat! :) YAY for cupcakes that make you happy inside.
I have had to quit running too. It bummed me out pretty bad yesterday. However, I keep telling myself it’s for a *perfect* reason and I’ll run again someday and I’ll really kick it’s bum when I’m able to do it again! HAPPY FRIDAY! :)

cleaneatingchelsey February 17, 2012 at 6:32 pm

It is for a “perfect” reason! Only good things will come from it!

Katie @ Raisins&Apples February 17, 2012 at 6:25 am

I’m going to Disney at the end of March and cannot wait to get my hands on some Babycakes!

Happy Friday :)

Christina @ The Athletarian February 17, 2012 at 6:44 am

Happy Friday!! I have a long weekend too…except here it’s “Family Day”. Weird, I know…but they have officially declared a day off from work to spend with family. I’m not complaining!

cleaneatingchelsey February 17, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Presidents Day, Family Day – whatever gets you a day off, right?

Jackie February 17, 2012 at 6:53 am

Be jealous – I have a 5 day weekend for Mardi Gras. Gotta love living in south Louisiana. 

Emily @ The Swallow Flies February 17, 2012 at 6:57 am

I WISH we had a three-day weekend! Instead, I get to spend Monday presenting about data teams and engaging instructional strategies to my colleagues. Wah wah.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin February 17, 2012 at 6:59 am

I discovered that little tidbit about Pinterest a few days ago – it was a nice ego boost haha! ;)

Enjoy your long weekend! It’s reading week next week so I’ve got the whole week off classes. Woohoo!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes February 17, 2012 at 6:59 am

lovelove savoury oats! Happy Friday :)

Becky Przy February 17, 2012 at 7:10 am

Happy Friday! I have been meaning to try the savory oats since you posted it–I will try it this weekend!

I love the pea/running connection:-) yes, you will run again! Think of all you have accomplished with strength training. I suffered a stress fracture (no working out at all for 3 months) I thought I would never run, lift or workout out again…I wound up pregnant (only had my period 1x in 3 years) and started running again when I was 2 months pregnant. God works in mysterious ways….or knows just when to tell you to slow down for bigger things to come your way.

Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) February 17, 2012 at 7:17 am

They have smell-free paint! It’s new (by Olympic, I think?) and it has zero VOCs (bad chemicals). We used it for our bedroom and it’s awesome.
Happy Friday :)

cleaneatingchelsey February 17, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I wish I would have known that before!!!!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles February 17, 2012 at 7:32 am

Happy 3 day weekend! I tried the Pinterest thing. looks like you need to add /source/ in there so it looks like this: http://www.pinterest.com/source/YOURurlHERE. Awesome resource though, so exciting to see when your stuff’s been pinned!

cleaneatingchelsey February 17, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I fixed it – thanks!!!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 17, 2012 at 7:46 am

Ah jealous! I got my 3 day weekend taken away because I have to go to a meeting for my environmental clinic I’m in this morning. It also messed up my 12 mile run plans, but at least it’s 50 degrees this afternoon – I’m SO running outside!!!! Have a good weekend!

cleaneatingchelsey February 17, 2012 at 6:33 pm

It was a beautiful day! Hope the run went okay!

Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 17, 2012 at 7:50 am

Green tea kombucha! That sounds amazing!!

I’m SO jealous of everyone who has a three day weekend, enjoy :)

Alex February 17, 2012 at 8:44 am

So glad you like the tea, it’s one of my favorites! Have a wonderful weekend.

Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter February 17, 2012 at 9:03 am

3) LOVE almond butter! :) 7) Mom’s are the best. 6) 3 day weekends to sleep in are also the best. :)
I wanted oats last night too! I settled for quinoa, steak, bean mixture.

Happy Friday!!

Maggie February 17, 2012 at 9:06 am

I had savory oats for dinner last night! Delicious. And those cupcakes look amazing.

Maureen February 17, 2012 at 9:37 am

That Pinterest fact is super cool! Enjoy your 3-day weekend!

Laura @A Healthy Jalapeño February 17, 2012 at 9:38 am

Hi Chelsea, I just met you from over at Healthful Pursuit and I am so happy I did. Love your blog and I am excited to see what other wonderful things you have going on. Happy Friday! <3 your newest follower

Maria @ Beautiful Busy Bee February 17, 2012 at 9:44 am

Happy long weekend!! And thatnks for that Pinterest tip- though I actually haven’t been pinned (sad face). I didn’t know BabyCakes makes gf! Though today I found out they’re opening one near me- YES!!!! :)

Cat @Breakfast to Bed February 17, 2012 at 10:09 am

that source thing just made my day!! Thanks, Chelsea!!!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga February 17, 2012 at 10:42 am

Glad you’ve come to love AB. I still love PB but I’m glad you’ve gotten into AB!

And that Pinterest link is awesome info…going to save that one!

katie February 17, 2012 at 10:54 am

Happy Friday love!

How awesome your mom brought you some cupcakes back, ummmmm she went to disney for work?! I need her job!

So happy you love that tea so much too! So good!

Love ya girl!

cleaneatingchelsey February 17, 2012 at 6:34 pm

haha! She’s a realtor and they have a big national meeting there every year!

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola February 17, 2012 at 11:35 am

That pinterest thing is so cool, I had no idea you could see who’s pinning you! Thanks for sharing! And yay for the 3-day weekend, I too am SO ready to sleep in! Getting out of bed was brutal this morning! Hope the husband picks up your cupcakes for a Friday treat! Have a great day!

Liz A February 17, 2012 at 11:50 am

are those cupcakes really $3.50 a piece?!?

cleaneatingchelsey February 17, 2012 at 6:34 pm

They are but they are gluten free and vegan!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 17, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Woohoo for a 3-day weekend!

Amber K February 17, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Those cupcakes look delicious. One day I will give them a try!

Trisha February 17, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I love your fun facts Friday! Your peanut butter quinoa was featured on my Friday’s favorites this week! Have a fun three day weekend :)

cleaneatingchelsey February 17, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Fun! Thanks Trisha!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva February 17, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Hope you enjoy your three day weekend…and a big bowl of savoury oats for dinner! I’m still needing to try savoury oats, I hear they are all the rage these days :)

Talia @ Bite Size Wellness February 17, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I love that Pinterest trick! Thank you! Happy Friday to you.

Michelle (Better with Berries) February 17, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Oh my goodness, I’ve never heard of having savory oats, but I just clicked on your recipe and it looks SO GOOD! I need to try that, and soon!

Enjoy your three day weekend! I know I will!

Cara Craves... February 18, 2012 at 7:43 am

Happy long weekend!
We have along weekend in Ontario too…a newly invented holiday, made just 3 or so years ago, called Family Day. It’s always nice to have an extra day off!

Lauren @ Fun, fit and Fabulous! February 18, 2012 at 9:35 am

Woah that Pinterest trick is too cool! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend. I crave oats for dinner all the time! :)

Baking Serendipity February 18, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Happy three day weekend! I love that tea and I’m sure would love that cupcake :)

Charissa February 18, 2012 at 5:50 pm

I’ve always wanted to try a cupcake from Babycakes!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 19, 2012 at 6:58 am

I’ve been managing a few company Pinterest boards as part of my internship, and I love going back and counting repins- totally makes my OCD happy!! And I wish we could have Babycakes together again!

Koko @ Koko Likes February 19, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Thank you for posting that pinterest link!! That is awesome to know!