Is it just me, or are the little things in life truly the things that end up making you happy on a daily basis?
Last night I started a new class for grad school, and my teacher seriously rocks. Not only is he a teacher himself (who is still in the classroom in his sixties), but he totally gets the fact that we’re busy people. We got out of class 2.5 hours early. I’m not joking you when I tell you I literally leapt down the hallway after class I was so happy.
I thought it would be fun to share a few things that seem to put a smile on my face, regardless of how my day was going before. Hopefully you’ll share some of yours as well.
- Hearing my favorite song on the radio while driving
- Seeing Charlie’s reaction when I walk through the door, no matter if I was gone five minutes or five hours
- My favorite baristas giving me extras for free instead of charging me an arm and a leg
- My students giving me a picture, writing me a note, or telling me how much they love having me as their teacher
- Watching a funny Friends clip (seriously, I had to put that one in there)
- Babies laughing
- feeling like I could laugh until I cry
- Getting surprise packages/cards in the mail from good friends (Thanks, Ash and Court!)
- Seeing little boys in suits (seriously, how cute is this!?)
- A few 75 degree days in October
- A free night to sit and relax
- Good news when you expect the worst
- Turning the page in a new book
- An unexpected hug
And just in case you want to read through about 800 more little things and nod your head at about every single one, go to this blog. I love it.
I’ll be back tomorrow with a (late) WIAW, but I thought this would be fun to share today!
Question: What little thing in life always seems to turn your mood around?