new year, same eats

January 2, 2013

The holidays may be over, but I’m still celebrating for the next five days before I head back to school. I always feel like breaks are way too short, but when I head back to work it’s like I never left. ::sigh:: I wonder if my principal will mind if I come to work with sweatpants on next week… mainly because I haven’t gotten out of them for the majority of my time off. #dontjudgeme

What I Ate Wednesday Healthy Holiday Recipes

Breakfast – 8:30 AM

January 1, 2013 010
8:30 is my favorite breakfast time when I’m on breaks. This way I don’t get starving mid-morning and I’m still ready for lunch around lunch time. Perfect. Even though we had a late night last night, I was still up around 7:30 (more reason to take a nap later in the day!). Breakfast was scrambled eggs topped with nutritional yeast and ketchup as well as two slices of banana bread with peanut butter. This kept me nice and full for a long time!

Well, it kept me nice and full probably because I did absolutely NOTHING all morning. Seriously. I watched TV, I read, and I took a two hour nap. When I woke up at 1:30, I figured I better eat then because I had dinner plans at 6:00!

Lunch – 1:45 PM

January 1, 2013 012
quinoa
roasted chickpeas
roasted sweet potatoes
avocado
hummus
leftover asparagus from our NYE dinner out

This was so good, so filling, and very full of some great nutrients! But I had to end my meal with a little treat…

January 1, 2013 013
A monster cookie! If you’ve never had a monster cookie before, just do it. Their base is made with oats and peanut butter – add in some m&m’s as well as some chocolate chips and you’ve got a winner. Don’t mind the fact that I’m still in my pajamas. It’s necessary some times. I soon got myself up, showered, and ready because I had dinner plans with my good friend Kelly last night.

Dinner – 6:30 PM

We went to my favorite restaurant – Cooper’s Hawk. I feel like I’ve written about this restaurant numerous times, but it never gets old. We caught up (about her wedding plans – eek!) over salads and delicious bread.

January 1, 2013 014

I ordered the Napa Chopped Salad which usually comes with chicken (I sub in more avocado for the chicken). Don’t be deceived by this picture – the salad was in a HUGE bowl!

To end the night, I am thinking about eating another chunk of banana bread and calling it a night.

What is everyone looking forward to today? I’m looking forward to taking a nap at my acupuncture appointment! :)

Shel@PeachyPalate January 2, 2013 at 6:11 am

Banana bread is a breakfast staple, especially with nut butter, isn’t the same without a thick spread of it! Enjoy your nap!!!

Simply Life January 2, 2013 at 6:33 am

oh your lunch looks great!! Hope you enjoy your acupuncture appt!

Abby @ Change of Pace January 2, 2013 at 6:43 am

My sister is a teacher, and I’m always envious of her in summer and over Christmas! Enjoy lounging in your PJs for as long as you can!

katie January 2, 2013 at 6:48 am

Happy New Year Love! I hope all is well! Enjoy your acupuncture appt!

I need to email you <3

Lauren January 2, 2013 at 6:57 am

When I’m not working or have plans, I love eating at 8:30am. That is usually our Sunday morning breakfast time.
And a 2 hour nap midday sounds perfect! I spent the past few days relaxing and watching Homeland all day! It was fabulous!

Becky Przy January 2, 2013 at 7:00 am

Happy New Year Chelsey! Those look like delicious salads.

I am (sort of) looking forward to going back to work after 4 days off….I need routine;-) Enjoy you acupuncture nap.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 2, 2013 at 7:31 am

I’ve been really lazy this break too and I’m loving every second of it. :D

Sara @ fitcupcaker January 2, 2013 at 8:10 am

I was not looking forward to work today… I could have took another week off! lol. I love huge salads with avocado!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 2, 2013 at 9:23 am

You deserve a couple weeks of nothing but relaxation. You’ve been go-go-go the past couple months, so good for you. ;) All of your eats look delicious, per usual. I especially love the looks of that salad!

Christine January 2, 2013 at 9:25 am

I’m always so jealous when I read about people sitting around all day reading and napping. I miss those days! It’s back to work for me today, but I’m working from home since I have a sinus infection that just. won’t. go. away.

Laura @ fitrunningmama.com January 2, 2013 at 10:03 am

I love acupuncture and always get the best sleep afterwards!!! Going Friday and can’t wait!!!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 2, 2013 at 10:04 am

I’m pretty sure I’ve practically lived in my PJ’s the last 3-4 days. No shame!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 2, 2013 at 10:12 am

No judgment for not breaking out of the sweat pants… I couldn’t be bothered to get out of mine most of the time either. I actually think that I even sat down at the dinner table wearing sweat pants on Christmas Eve. Good times :D

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 2, 2013 at 11:35 am

Monster cookies are the best!!!

Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin January 2, 2013 at 11:53 am

I’ve never had a monster cookie but I really like the sound of them! I hope I have time for a nap today..still catching up on sleep after NYE!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats January 2, 2013 at 12:19 pm

That salad looks so yummy!

Clare @ Fitting It All In January 2, 2013 at 12:29 pm

I want all of your food. Especially your lunch! So excited to start cooking again!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance January 2, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Cooper’s Hawk is great, isn’t it? I get that same salad every time we go!

Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes January 2, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Would you consider doing a post on acupuncture? I recently bought some on groupon and have heard really good things but am interested on hearing your perspective! Thanks :-)

cleaneatingchelsey January 2, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Sure! I don’t really know too much about it – but I do know that I love it! :)

Lisa January 2, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Yum, all your eats look so good. And now I miss eggs even more, so sad I have to go without them for a while. Your lunch sounds super good too. I just love quinoa and avocado together.

Lizzie January 2, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Ahhhh YAY! This post at first confused me but now it makes me SO HAPPY because I thought today was Monday and am now realizing it is Wednesday!! THANK YOU!!

Verenique B January 2, 2013 at 7:09 pm

i LOVE banana bread!! never tried it with pb before! but i have made an amazing recipe called choc,pb, banana bread! it’s amazing!!!! :)
so today i am looking forward to after i put the girls to bed relaxing with my hubby watching a movie and have a snack together! it’s my fav time of day is to relax with him! :) i cherish it everynight i get the chance! :)

Sara @ The Foodie Diaries January 2, 2013 at 7:24 pm

You may see new year, same eats but I say new year DELICIOUS looking eats! That monstar cookie looks SO GOOD.

Molly January 2, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Happy new Year! Weird question…your salad looks like it has corn and cheese in it. Did you eat both/either? If so, did you have any GI issues? Just curious!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 2, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Every single thing that you ate looks amazing. Sounds like the perfect WIAW! I absolutely love chickpeas, but have yet to try them roasted. Is there any special way that you roast them?

Christine @ BookishlyB January 2, 2013 at 11:38 pm

How is your acupuncture going, if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve had some of my own “issues” and have contemplated forking over the cash for some treatments but are still on the fence. Would love to see a follow up post!

Amber K January 3, 2013 at 12:14 am

Pj’s should be the work attire for all jobs… ;)