food lately

February 13, 2013

Is it Wednesday already? As long as these days are feeling this week, I’m so surprised tomorrow is already Thursday. Bring on the long weekend!

I kind of stunk at taking pictures of my food today. Therefore, a traditional WIAW is out of the question. I do, however, have a bunch of pictures of some food/meals that never made the blog. So I thought today would be a good time to share that with you!

February 13, 2013 001

horribly blurry photo from a Sweet Tomatoes dinner with the bestie

February 13, 2013 006

Chipotle dinner – are you surprised?

February 13, 2013 007 oatmeal with raisins and peanut butter

February 13, 2013 011

oatmeal banana pancakes topped with almond butter and maple syrup

February 13, 2013 025
breakfast for dinner – scrambled eggs and potato wedges (with way too much ketchup!)

February 13, 2013 017
Best treat after a work out one afternoon!

February 13, 2013 020 mid-morning snacks at work

February 13, 2013 027
breakfast – toast with peanut butter and bananas as well as cinnamon sugar toast (THE BEST!). On the side, apple slices.

And that about sums up my eating life right now. Off to watch my favorite Wednesday shows!

Amber K February 13, 2013 at 7:43 pm

All of your food always looks so tasty! I need to visit the Chipotle near me soon and just brave the darn crowds.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 13, 2013 at 7:49 pm

I LOVE Sweet Tomatoes. It is definitely the ultimate salad bar restaurant. Too bad I don’t have one near me!! :(

Too much ketchup on your eggs?? No way! ;)

Allison February 13, 2013 at 8:05 pm

I was so tempted to get Chipotle on my way home from work. Now you’re really making me wish I had!

Presley @ Run Pretty February 13, 2013 at 8:37 pm

My mom used to make me cinnamon toast and strawberry milk for breakfast EVERY day in middle school. Omg. I miss cinnamon toast. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :)

jennifet February 13, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Ooooh…,great combo!

eileen ragan | leanerbythelake February 13, 2013 at 8:37 pm

peanut butter, or any nut butter for that matter, is just THE BEST THING EVER. on everything. seriously. Love the cinnamon toast here. My mom used to make that for me when I was little and you’re reminding me of the treat. Might just have to bust that one our for myself this weekend. I do love some Udis Gluten Free bread here and there.

Also – I’ve been stopping by here for a while now but for whatever reason, I don’t think I’ve ever commented. Just want to take a second to say that I love the blog, and when I was starting down the clean eating path last year, this was such a great source of inspiration and motivation for me – education too! Thanks for curating such fantastic content.

If you’re so inclined – i’m curating a regular health series over on my blog. Might be of interest :)

jennifet February 13, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I Love cinnamon toast with oatmeal…awesome. My dad use to make it – his b’fast special we begged for as kids (yes, even as a kid I loved oatmeal!)

Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 13, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Chipotle dinner – not surprised but definitely more than a little envious. Also, there’s no such thing as too much ketchup :P

Carly @ Snack Therapy February 14, 2013 at 1:24 am

Too much ketchup?! No such thing :) .

Audrey Adams February 14, 2013 at 6:16 am

Yummayy!

Linz @ Itz Linz February 14, 2013 at 6:53 am

Do you guys have a V-day party at school? We do – bring on the craziness!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin February 14, 2013 at 6:58 am

Cinnamon sugar toast is so flipping good! It always reminds me of my childhood. And I remember one time for my birthday my sister made me toast fingers with a cinnamon sugar whipped butter for dipping… it was glorious!

Anne @ eatcleaneatreal February 14, 2013 at 8:24 am

That salad looks sooooo good. YUM!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers February 14, 2013 at 8:29 am

Ahhhh, this makes me miss Sweet Tomatoes. I wish there was one near me!

Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite February 14, 2013 at 9:05 am

Your chipotle salads always look so good!

Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 14, 2013 at 9:24 am

Ketchup is basically a food group in my house haha.

Lauren February 14, 2013 at 10:09 am

There is a Sweet Tomatoes right near my apartment. I’ve never been (we don’t have any in PA) but I keep hearing that it’s good! Probably from you actually. :)
Glad it’s the weekend and even happier I get to see you soon love! Miss you tons!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 14, 2013 at 11:18 am

Omg, cinnamon sugar toast is the best! My mom made it for me ALL THE TIME when I was little and I still love to make it!

Jessica @ Prayers and Apples February 14, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I never post food pics because my food never ends up looking that pretty! lol ..cinnamon/sugar toast is the best though, my dad always used to make it for us when we were kids – yum!

Gina @ Health Love and Chocolate February 14, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Breakfast for dinner is never a bad thing…nor is Chipotle!

Anna @ Your Healthy Place February 14, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Those pancakes look great! And how do you find the chocolate Silk? I wasn’t sure how sweet it would be (ie too sweet)…?

PS. This is still Anna! I just have a new site now so it’s not The Guiltless Life anymore…in case there was any confusion!

cleaneatingchelsey February 15, 2013 at 6:08 am

:) Your picture is still the same person, so I figured! It just tastes like chocolate milk. Pretty sugary, but oh so good.

Anna @ Your Healthy Place February 16, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Okay, thanks for letting me know, I might try it. Sorry, didn’t realize my photo shows up on your comments – I love your site redesign! I know you did it a while ago but I’ve been out of the blogging world for a couple of months working on my site so I’m a bit slow on the uptake…