Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a commission. It helps up keep our content free.
Commercial diet programs have become the go-to weight management tool for many men to the extent that everyone is using them. Nutrisystem is leading in this market, making it hard to ignore the program.
Moreover, many people are talking about it, piquing curiosity in other people.
That said, before you buy into the program, you must understand the intricacies of the diet program and understand what makes it unique.
For many years, women have used diet plans to manage their weight better. Recently, however, their male counterparts have started to diet owing to take advantage of the numerous benefits that many of these plans offer.
Diet plans have been proven to work and can even produce stunning results for many customers. If you’ve been looking for a done-for-you diet, that’s easy to follow, then it makes sense for to consider a plan like Nutrisytem.
In this Nutrisystem for Men review we’ll be exploring how it works and everything there is to know about the program.
How Nutrisystem for Men Works
- 1 How Nutrisystem for Men Works
- 2 Plans for Men
- 3 Food Menu
- 4 Sample Menu: Breakfast
- 5 Sample Menu: Lunch and Dinner
- 6 Nutrition Facts
- 7 Do You Have to Cook Your One Meals?
- 8 Does it Work?
- 9 Nutrisystem For Men Testimonials & Results: Real Life Success Stories
- 10 Nutrisystem for Men: Pros And Cons
- 11 Do We Recommend Nutrisystem?
- 12 Is it Worth the Cost?
- 13 Summary: Where to Buy
Nutrisystem for Men is a diet delivery program offering preplanned meals for a period of 28-days.
The Glycemic Index is one of the key factors that make this diet plan effective in helping customers lose weight.
At its core, Nutrisystem follows philosophies and principles that make weight loss not only possible but also simple and straightforward regardless of your lifestyle. One of the biggest downsides to dieting is the process of learning new meals and counting all the calories you consume.
Nutrisystem comes with pre-packaged meals that contain enough nutrients to keep you full and healthy while reducing the risk of overeating – and you never have to count calories or points.
- Portion Control: One of the most significant benefits Nutrisystem offers is portion control. The diet has portions that are scientifically calculated to boost energy, keep you full, and give you the right amount of energy to complete your day without experiencing hunger cravings and crashes. As a Nutrisystem member, the plan ensures you lead an active lifestyle, without experiencing the constant craving for desserts and other unhealthy food.
- Balanced Nutrition: The other important consideration of Nutrisystem is the balanced nutrition you get from your diet. More often than not, people start their day by consuming sugary muffins and follow that with a lunch high in carbs. This particular program negates this trend by supplying participants with a nutritious diet, with a menu most Americans will love.
Learn More at Nutrisystem’s website:
Plans for Men
Nutrisystem is divided into 4 diet plans that can help you lose up as much 19 lbs. and 8 inches around your waist in the first month. Nutrisystem also has 4 plans that a person with diabetes can use. There is also a stand-alone specialty plan crafted for use by vegetarians.
- Basic: Portion-controlled pre-packaged meals with additional online tracking tools and systems.
- Uniquely Yours: Portion-controlled pre-packaged meals, online tracking system, and an always-available diet counselor.
- Uniquely Yours Ultimate: Portion-controlled pre-packaged meals and frozen cuisines, online tracking systems and tools, and a diet counselor.
Once you decide the plan that best suits your needs, you just have to subscribe to the Nutrisystem program. The food will be delivered to your preferred address every month, as long as your subscription is active.
If you want their best prices and free shipping, you’ll need to enroll in their auto-delivery program.
For a better understanding of the Nutrisystem plans, continue reading our review of Nutrisystem for Men.
The Nutrisystem food menu and meals will vary depending on the plan you choose from their Vegetarian, Nutrisystem D, Uniquely Yours, Uniquely Yours Ultimate, or Basic offerings.
In the program, however, you need to choose the “My Choice” option during check-out if you prefer to create your own menu.
Choosing the “Chef’s Choice” in the menu allows Nutrisystem to send you a handpicked assortment of their most requested items on the menu.
The “My Choice” option is available for the following plans at no extra charge:
- Uniquely Yours
- Uniquely Yours Ultimate
- Most of the Nutrisystem for Diabetics Plan
- Note* If you choose the Diabetes Plan, you still have to select one of the 3 main diet plans
You can visit Nutrisystem’s menu page to learn more about the food items you will receive when you choose the Chef Choice Menu.
When you choose the “My Choice” option, you will be redirected to the landing page below. In this section you will choose your meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, plus select from their snacks and shake menu.
Sample Menu: Breakfast
Sample Menu: Lunch and Dinner
You can review and read more about the nutritional facts of every food item at Nutrisystem’s website.
After choosing all the food items you want for breakfast, as an example, you will see a green bar tagged “Ready,” as you can see below. If you wish to review your options even further and make necessary changes before you check out, you can do so.
The meal plans are made up of a combination of the three primary nutrients:
- These nutrients are in proportional quantities of 25% per serving
Healthy food portions are designed to encourage dieters to monitor the food they eat, without experience hunger crashes over the course of the day. This enables them to avoid highly processed foods that can lead to lifestyle diseases, including high blood pressure and diabetes.
With these calorie controlled meals and snacks, most men can expect to lose somewhere between 1 to 2 pounds per week.
Nutrisystem meal plans often contain recommended or lower amounts of sodium with regards to the USDA’s recommendation. However, Nutrisystem users can customize their sodium intake should they want a lower sodium intake in the diet. For a better understanding, you can read more in the sodium chart here.
Do You Have to Cook Your One Meals?
Nutrisystem allows participants to prepare their own meals several times per week in what they call “Flex Meals.” These are snacks and meals you can make and cook yourself, or eat at a restaurant.
You can incorporate a total of 5 Flex Meals into your meal plan (breakfast, lunch, dinner & 2 snacks) every week. The 5 Flex Meals distributed throughout the week and cannot be done on the same day.
Flex Meals are an integral tool in helping you learn how to choose and prepare healthy meal choices while following a meal planner.
It also allows you to practice your portioning control skills, and make healthy eating choices at home or when dining out.
Nutrisystem For Men also comes with a very helpful grocery guide that you can split into 4 categories:
The grocery guide also has a lot of Low and High Glycemic Index foods.
They also offer a restaurant guide, for helping you navigating the menu at some of the more popular restaurants in America.
Does it Work?
The most common question regarding Nutrisystem for men is whether this diet meal delivery system works for weight loss.
The proof is in the research…and a huge body of customer testimonials.
In a recent case study of some of the more popular weight loss programs on the market, Nutrisystem was proven to be effective, and its maintainability was found to be successful as long as participants followed a healthy eating plan after completing the diet.
Moreover, when compared to a control group, Nutrisystem participants were found to have lost 3.8% more weight after three months of following the program. The Nutrisystem program is, therefore, an effective method of weight loss.
However, further studies need to be conducted to determine the long-term effeteness of diet plans.
Studies into Nutrisystem For Men have shown that on average, participants lost 15 lbs. and 8 inches within one month of following the program. Importantly, Nutrisystem has the statistics and science to back up their weight-loss claims.
If you stick to the plan, it is most likely you will see positive results. If you don’t, for whatever reason, they offer counseling and support to help get you on track.
Nutrisystem For Men Testimonials & Results: Real Life Success Stories
There are plenty of Nutrisystem reviews and success stories available online. Many people have experienced positive results from following the diet program.
Many participants say that the portioned meals they get have improved their overall health significantly while boosting their energy levels.
Here’s some verified feedback via ConsumerAffairs from just a few happy customers:
lost 60 pounds on Nutrisystem! I want to share my success story in having lost the weight I needed to lose. I went on the plan, followed it, added exercise to my daily routine and lost the weight. I have been off of the plan for two months and have kept the weight off. I believe I have learned to eat the right amount of portions as well as the right kinds of foods. I have found great support from the Nutrisystem customer representatives and found encouragement as they cheered me on. Thank you for helping to jump start my weight loss. I feel like a new person. -James, Verified Reviewer
I started my 2nd week on the Nutrisystem plan yesterday and I feel fantastic. I’ve lost 5 pounds, sleeping much better and feel like myself again. Just wanted to express my gratitude with the exceptional support I have received and compliment you on a great nutrition program. I couldn’t be happier with my experience. Also, the NuMi app is a lifesaver. I couldn’t imagine doing the program without it. -Derek, Verified Reviewer
Head to Nutrisystem to read more about the success stories that men have experienced while undertaking the journey of following Nutrisystem For Men.
Nutrisystem for Men: Pros And Cons
- The program offers over 160 different food and meal choices and over 30 snack options to participants.
- Nutrisystem is an effective plan for individuals looking to lose weight safely and healthy. The meal programs accommodate teens and adults as well as overweight individuals looking to learn how to control portions.
- It addresses the needs of people with type 2 diabetes by encouraging diabetic dieters to eat whole-meal foods while cutting back on sugar consumption.
- Nutrisystem For Men accommodates the needs of low sodium dieters and vegetarians.
- Every meal is portion controlled.
- The NuMi App you get when you sign up for the program helps track and log weight loss progress, the drinks and foods you consume, and your weight loss progress.
- You do not get personal support services (i.e., face-to-face support). Dieters are expected to ask for help when they need it. If you want a program that has more complete coaching, Noom could be a good alternative.
- Meals customization is available under tUniquely Yours Plus, and Uniquely Yours plans. If you subscribe to the Basic Plan, you will have to pay an extra $25 every month to access the customization feature. Otherwise, they will send you their “Chef’s Choice” that will contain their popular meals, whether you like them or not.
- Nutrisystem provides frozen meals only for the Vegetarian, Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus Participants (and Diabetes Uniquely Yours And Uniquely Yours Plus plans).
- There are limited opportunities to dine out.
Do We Recommend Nutrisystem?
Nutrisystem is an effective program that works exceptionally well on the weight loss front. It boils down to whether you want to make the sacrifice to and dedicate yourself to a healthier lifestyle. Nutrisystem gives you all the tools you need to get started as you journey on to a healthier life.
We appreciate the fact that you can dine out and still stay on track with your diet goals. Be sure to use their free restaurant guide to help you make smart choices.
We also appreciate the fact that numerous Nutrisystem participants have experienced positive outcomes from the program. Importantly, the participants share their experiences, both positive and negative, which helps motivate other new men who are starting the diet.
One of Nutrisystem’s most significant benefits that sets it apart from other diets is the food. They have foods that mix the right nutrients to fuel your body, provide ample protein, high fiber content that keeps you full, and no msg.
Importantly, the 160+ foods do not have artificial preservatives.
Another consideration worth noting is the program’s ability to combine science and tools that help you with weight loss. With commitment and persistence, you will inevitably experience success.
Is it Worth the Cost?
While Nutrisystem lies on the high-end on the cost spectrum, it is still an excellent choice to try. This is a big con as a lot of potential customers will shy away from it.
However, if you can afford it, and it fits your lifestyle, then we recommend giving it a try.
The actual cost will vary depending on the plan you have selected. Participants are billed monthly. Signing up for the auto-delivery service will reduce your monthly cost a lot as it will include free FedEx shipping.
When you compare it to what you spend on an average trip to the grocery store, we’d say Nutrisystem is well worth the cost.
Summary: Where to Buy
You can purchase the Nutrisystem from Nutrisystem’s official website – www.nutrisystem.com. On their official site, you will detailed information on all the packages, their prices, and menu items available.
You will also find tips and articles about exercising and preparing mentally for the weight loss experience.
Everything on the website is designed to help you lose weight regardless of your age and gender.